Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 441 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 357 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    OK! Got a day off work so took my girls to cinema, €5.75 pre adult €5.50 per child, and saw..... wait for it.... the BFG.
    Love the original and book so was a little apprehensive about it. I need not have been, it was great. Even laughed out loud... good film. 8/10
    Glad to hear the BFG is good. The animated film was a great little part of my childhood, and I'm glad the new live action movie sounds like a decent adaptation.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nice Guys... GREAT buddy detective style movie.. loved it and hope to see these two again in a round two! 8.5/10
    Jungle Book... WISH I had seen this in 3D in theaters.. wow... 9/10
    The Wave... even though it had subtitles.. it was very good. Very intense on the edge of your seat! 8/10
    I loved The Nice Guys. One of my favorite films of the year so far.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I loved The Nice Guys. Ryan and Russell really did make a great combo. I also thought Ryan was hilarious in the film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I loved The Nice Guys. Ryan and Russell really did make a great combo. I also thought Ryan was hilarious in the film.
    Agreed. Some of the best chemistry you will find in a film.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Regardless of whether the filmmaker took certain liberties or was 'loose with the facts', I thought Fruitvale Station was a really well made film and very emotional. 9/10.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Regardless of whether the filmmaker took certain liberties or was 'loose with the facts', I thought Fruitvale Station was a really well made film and very emotional. 9/10.
    Ryan Coogler is a great director. I loved Fruitvale Station.

Also, we are showering much deserved love on Crowe and Gosling, but I have to give a nod to newcomer Angourie Rice. She was fantastic.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched The Invitation last night. I had been looking forward to it but it left me a little underwhelmed. I don't mind slow films for the most part, but this one was so slow for so long. I liked that
    Spoiler:
    Eden and her husband were so strong and pain-free only because they knew they were going to be free of it soon, and how that made Will question why he was so unable to let his grief go
    . On the other hand, I thought the ending would've been something more unique or weird than
    Spoiler:
    "we invited you all here so we could poison your wine and all die together."

The last shot was cool, and I know it's movie-logic, but I have a hard time believing that
    Spoiler:
    all those people with red lanterns in the distance accepted the beliefs of that wacko cult.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree that it was very slow, but I thought it was well done, and
    Spoiler:
    I thought the ending, when all the action finally starts was excellent. It had been building up to it, but it left you questioning if the hosts really were up to something. I agree about the last shot. It was a bit over the top, but it is a movie after all so it didn't bother me.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My review of Suicide Squad

Also, I haven't written a full review since November? Wow.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    My review of Suicide Squad

Also, I haven't written a full review since November? Wow.
    You and me both. It hasn't been quite as long for me. The last full review I wrote was The Revenant. This new job has really killed that part of my recreation.

Anyway, great review, Ricky. I've been begging my friends for feedback on this film before I decide to see it in theaters, but nobody has seen it. I think your review has put me over the top and I will try to check out the film in theaters.

I wish you did make the film though. One of my problems is the fact that The Joker isn't the main villain. You're completely right, that's the direction they should have gone in.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Joker shouldn't have been the main villain, but he'll certainly be that in the upcoming solo Batman movie.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Mike! Appreciate it.

It's definitely lot of fun in the theater, so I'll go out on a limb and say that when you leave you're not going to be thinking you wasted your money. I was smiling for the first half-hour because I was enjoying it so much. The rest of the film was decent but, like I said, it has its faults.

Regarding the Joker as the main villain, I'm glad you also think so. I guess they didn't want to repeat The Dark Knight, but the tone of Suicide Squad (and Leto's Joker) is so different that it would've worked. Plus, we would've gotten more scenes with him and Harley, which were pure magic.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still highly skeptical about the whole thing, but I'll end up watching Suicide Squad at some point this weekend. The curiosity to see where I land among the spectrum of polarizing reviews is too strong for me to resist.

We'll see....

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm still highly skeptical about the whole thing, but I'll end up watching Suicide Squad at some point this weekend. The curiosity to see where I land among the spectrum of polarizing reviews is too strong for me to resist.

We'll see....
    Yours is the opinion I've been anticipating most.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

We'll see....
    Yours is the opinion I've been anticipating most.
    Same here. Even after seeing it Fernando (it's pretty much a 5/10 for me), I'm really curious on your opinion on the whole thing.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bring on the haters.

Saw the original Haunting last night. Rated it one out of five.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Hell or Highwater yesterday. Fabulous movie. Truly depicts the desperation, depression, and quirkiness of west Texas. Stellar performances by many, with two waitresses in bit roles almost stealing the show. The ending was one of the best I've seen. Written and acted to perfection.
    I give it 6/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

Watched The Lobster last night. What a weird quirky film, I absolutely loved it.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We went to see the re-make of Pete's dragon... cool film, but not the original. The whole story has changed and I think lost a bit of its magic, or maybe age did that?, Girls liked it though... so 6.5/10

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Bring on the haters.

Saw the original Haunting last night. Rated it one out of five.
    I hope you are not talking about this one?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Viewed Hell or Highwater yesterday. Fabulous movie. Truly depicts the desperation, depression, and quirkiness of west Texas. Stellar performances by many, with two waitresses in bit roles almost stealing the show. The ending was one of the best I've seen. Written and acted to perfection.
    I give it 6/6 Beers on the RFSRS.
    I was a little wary of watching this because let's face it - the tandem of Ben Foster and Chris Pine doesn't exactly inspire confidence - but everything I've read leads me to believe all aspects of this film came together seamlessly.

Watched The Lobster last night. What a weird quirky film, I absolutely loved it.
    Weirder than Dogtooth?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to see The Lobster.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Needful, yep.

So, rewatched Now You See Me in preparation of Now You See Me 2 ... I love the first one. 5/5.

And the second one? 2/5. Almost a 1/5. Shitty, shitty, shitty, annoying, waste of time movie.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Whole Truth... with Keenu Reeves. The wife and I liked it. Different... 7.5/10
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weirder than Dogtooth?
    Yes, it actually kinda reminded me of a Wes Anderson film. I forgot that he's the one that made Dogtooth as well. This one was very different. It was a lot more lighthearted while still being a bit messed up at times.

Have you by chance seen Alps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I need to see The Lobster.
    Yes you do, I think you'll really enjoy it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 257 of 441 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 357 ... LastLast