Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 441 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Adding Suspiria to my list. I want to partake in the controversy too!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Awesome, feev! Be sure to give us your thoughts on it!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Today I'm doing a Nora Ephron marathon in her memory. I don't like chick flicks, but her stories always get me.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll grant you guys that yes, some of the sets/buildings/interiors they used were beautiful. But so what? That's not what makes a movie/film good.

"My favourite (scene) being the main character getting weaker during one performance due to witchcraft, and through some nice use of the camera, we can feel it with her."

Ever see Legend? Remember the dancing/metamorphosis scene? THAT was a good version of the same scene (pretty much), this was laughable. And the way she fainted ... come onnnn.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I can see how it wouldn't be your favorite film Shannon. Its not my favorite Argento film, but what I did enjoy about it was what DD said. The cinematography, and directing were really good. Also I love the way he films his death scenes. There's just something so poetic about it. I would highly recommend Opera if you haven't seen any of his other films.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My Nora Ephron Ratings:

Julie & Julia: Never seen it
    Bewitched: 3/5
    Lucky Numbers: Never seen it
    You've Got Mail: 4/5
    Michael: 5/5
    Mixed Nuts: Never seen it
    Sleepless in Seattle: 4/5
    This Is My Life: Never seen it

I haven't seen any other Argento movies. I'll watch Opera tonight. That will decide whether I watch any more or not.

EDIT: This is a first, but I can't find the movie anywhere online. I don't thinl that's ever happened to me before. Pick another one, lol.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    My Nora Ephron Ratings:

Julie & Julia: Never seen it
    Bewitched: 3/5
    Lucky Numbers: Never seen it
    You've Got Mail: 4/5
    Michael: 5/5
    Mixed Nuts: Never seen it
    Sleepless in Seattle: 4/5
    This Is My Life: Never seen it
    bears absolutely adore Mixed Nuts, rather like Sleepless in Seattle, and don't really think much of You've Got Mail. Haven't seen the others.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

First i've only seen Suspiria a few dozen times so I'll spare you my review of the movie/series. Okay the real reason is I just suck at reviews. Shannon's however was so entertainingly hilarious I can almost forgive his dislike of the film....not quite, but almost. Seriously the review was comic genius. In contrast to Heather (and I LOVE Opera) I'm going to just reccomend that you not watch any more Argento films. Apparently you didn't like it and i really don't think you can adequately explain why something is great to someone who just doesn't like it. I could list the reasons why I like it and I could discuss it endlessly, but that's just not gonna' make you appreciate it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"... but that's just not gonna' make you appreciate it."

No, but I'd like to hear the flip side anyway!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen any other Argento movies. ...
    EDIT: This is a first, but I can't find the movie anywhere online. I don't thinl that's ever happened to me before. Pick another one, lol.
    Try Deep Red ("Profondo Rosso")

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I haven't seen any other Argento movies. ...
    Try Deep Red ("Profondo Rosso")
    Hell yeah, Shannon! That's a good 'un! More of a straight up mystery than Suspiria that's not quite as surreal. You may like that more.

And bears: whilst I won't be writing any BIG review for Suspiria or any of Argento's movies soon, I will say that I have started on my review for ep 6 of LoM, at least.

- Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

good news!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Raid: Redemption

Recommended by: DoctorDodge
    Shannon (first time): 4/5

A very enjoyable movie. It was [REC] with martial artists instead of zombies. Don't think too much on the story or the acting, it's all about the fights. Gun fights, machete fights, fist (and foot) fights. Some of the best action scenes in any movie I've seen.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I knew you'd like it! Thought it was an amazing action film that delivered on everything you could want from the genre. I mean what other film has a scene that involves an
    Spoiler:
    exploding fridge?

From everything I've seen, Dredd seems to have a rather similar plot to the Raid, only with a WAY bigger building and, well, Judge Dredd, but I'm not too bothered. That'll be one I'll be partially seeing for the acting - specifically, how Urban is as Dredd - and the action, but beyond that? As long as it's a good action film and it's done right, I'm not too worried.

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"I mean what other film has a scene that involves an
    Spoiler:
    exploding fridge?"

Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull and THIS YouTube video.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Guess I need to add The Raid to my list too.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Definitely give it a look, feev. Along with The Avengers, one of my favourite films I've watched this year. Probably the best action film I've watched since Die Hard, really.

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?

Recommended by Heather19 and Ricky
    Shannon's Rating (first time viewing): 3/5

A classic. A great story, decent acting. A very little long and I didn't think the "twist revelation" was necessary. Also, what the hell was up with the opening scene as well as stating the timecard for the bulk of the movie as "Yesterday"? Strange. Anyway, I enjoyed it, thank you.

Next movie: M
    Recommended by Jean

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Decent acting... I love Bette Davis in it. She's amazing.
    Enjoy M, that's a good one. When does Citizen Kane come up?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad you enjoyed it, Shannon. I did think it was a little too long, too, but didn't really mind since the rest of it is so good.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Recommend this for all Samurai film lovers (click image)

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was a motherfucking Spider-Man movie. Great acting, great story, and Spider-Man web-slinging looked amazing and real not totally cgi like the other flicks. This completely erased the stain of those Tobey Maguire movies.
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ted

Shannon (first time viewer): 4/5
    Amber (first time viewer): 5/5

Wow, what a funny fucking movie. If you like Family Guy humor, you'll love this movie. The best way I can think of to describe it is as a live-action R-rated Family Guy, with heart. Excellent.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    That was a motherfucking Spider-Man movie. Great acting, great story, and Spider-Man web-slinging looked amazing and real not totally cgi like the other flicks. This completely erased the stain of those Tobey Maguire movies.
    Despite the fact that Spider-man 2 was the greatest comic book movie ever when it was released? I know Spider-man 3 sucked but the other two were solid movies.

Some movies I've watched recently:

The Decent: One of my all time favourite horror movies. It's gripping, original, claustraphobic, fast paced and bloody as hell. They do a great job of actually giving you time to understand the characters and get a sense of who they are. The pacing of them going through the caves and becomig trapped is very well done. There is already a fear of them dying and not making it out. It's so well done you could tell someone it wasn't a horror movie and it's just about a group of female frieds who get trapped in an unexplored cave, and when the horror starts would they ever be shocked! And when it starts it starts with a bang. It is gritty and visceral and never lets up from that point on.

5/5

Something's Gotta Give:

A pretty solid movie from a very solid team. It's a more mature romantic comedy that brings you along the typical romantic comedy guideline in such a unique and flattering fashion you hardly realize you're along for the same ride you've went on dozens of times before. Nicholson is fantastic as his aging playboy, Keaton plays her role as a reserved woman of passion with tact and the suppoting cast (including a good role from Keanu SAY IT ISN'T SO), clever witty dialogue and a plot that goes places that makes sense considering who the characters are.

4/5

Shrek: Shrek just isn't a very good movie. It's not particularily funny. It's charming in it' use of fairy tale staples but doesn't go beyond that for me. Very nicely animated, I will give it do. To me the movie is missing a lot. Eddie Murphy annoys the hell out of me and why people think Donkey is endearing is beyond me. My favourite part of the Shrek movies is the montauge at the beginning (Shrek Two had a great one) and it's downhill fro there. The best character, Farquaad voiced by John Lithgow gets very little screentme and the best jokes involve him and his height while offscreen. Cameron Diaz is much better when you can look at her. And why is Shrek simply Fat Bastard? The more watched Shrek, the more I wished I was watching The Spy Who Shagged Me. Not even 3/4 of a bottle of whiskey made the movie funny to me.

2/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Amazing Spider Man -

It's not that it was a bad film, it just wasn't a great film.

Despite the studio claims of this being "the untold story of Spider Man!" this is still very much the same story. Peter Parker is still an awkward outcast, he is still bullied/ends up bullying Flash Thompson, his Uncle is still killed immediately after a irresponsible decision on behalf of Parker, etc,. I think this is the film's biggest fault - we saw all of this already in the 2002 original - so very little of this feels fresh or original. It feels like more a set up for the inevitable sequel than anything else.

Andrew Garfield is very hit or miss as Parker/SM. He's sometimes able to pull off witty, sardonic nature of Spider Man, but as Parker his moping and sulking come dangerously close to emo. Emma Stone is decent as love interest Gwen Stacey, but their relationship feels forced and rushed. Rhys Ifans is also acceptable as Dr. Connors/The Lizard, but the CGI was ... horrible. I have a tough time believing that such crappy CGI would come from such a highly financed film.

The film does have redeeming qualities. Some of the action sequences and the moments that set them up were very creative and inventive. The fight scenes do tend to drag on at times, but they're usually peppered with a moment or two of brilliance that keep from overstaying their welcome. Martin Sheen was a much better Ben Parker, and his prolonged screen time compared to his 2002 counterpart make his surrogate-father relationship with Peter feel much more organic.

I'd recommend waiting for the dvd/bluray on this one.

6.5/10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 441 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 ... LastLast