Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 441 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Rabid 7/10
    Feev, you have to watch this one if you haven't seen it yet. It's awesome
    I know you'll love it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kick-Ass (my full review, looks like I enjoyed it more than others)

Kick-Ass is crude, gratuitously violent, over-the-top and I loved every minute of it.

Kick-Ass is not for everybody. The violence and some of the language might be too much for some people to handle, especially when it comes from the pint sized punisher Hit-Girl, played by Chloe Moretz.

The story isn't original, but the characters are interesting enough to make the film feel fresh. Aaron Johnson plays a teen who doesn't understand why more people don't try to be superheroes. He soon transforms himself into a masked crusader named Kick-Ass. With little more than good intentions and a pair of batons, he takes to the streets to do justice.

It's not long before Kick-Ass gets his ass kicked. This doesn't stop him from being a superhero. He is later videotaped saving a man who is being beaten up by 3 thugs. The video becomes hugely popular and Kick-Ass is born.

No superhero can save the world alone and that's when he meets Big Daddy (Nick Cage) and Hit-Girl. This is when the film really starts rolling.

Big Daddy and Hit-Girl might be the most interesting father/daughter duo to ever grace a movie screen. While most little girls are interested in Barbie dolls, Hit-Girl is interested in butterfly knives. Sugar and spice and everything nice she is not. More like glocks and knives and everything dies.

Hit-Girl is easily the best film heroine since Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. The things she does and says is so over-the-top, it can't help but be entertaining. Let's not forget, it's just a movie.

Kick-Ass is not your ordinary superhero flick. It's not a film for the faint of heart and it's definitely not a film for kids. If you like your films with a high level of action and violence, then Kick-Ass is tailor made for you.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Rabid 7/10
    Feev, you have to watch this one if you haven't seen it yet. It's awesome
    I know you'll love it.
    Rabid = David Cronenberg + Marilyn Chambers
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Planet Terror

Planet Terror ¿?/10

Has anybody seen this movie??? It is a really strange movie... It is terror? Comedy?
    And the cast, directed by Romero/Tarantino, and in the movie: Rose McGowan, Josh Brolin, Freddy Rodríguez, Bruce Willis, Naveen Andrews and Jeff Fahey (both from Lost), Stacy Ferguson (Fergie), even Danny Trejo (machete!!) and Quentin Tarantino!

The best / worst part were between:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So wait, what's your rating? Did you like it, or no?

I loved that movie. I'd say it's a combination of everything, thriller, action, comedy, etc. It's a throwback to all the exploitation films. It's supposed to be over the top in every aspect. And the gun for the leg was the best part!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And also, I think you mean 'directed by Rodriguez/Tarantino'

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I love Planet Terror. It's my favorite part of Grindhouse (aside from the ad for Don't).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6803Gu8tpuw"]Don't[/ame]

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw this documentary this past weekend:

http://www.thecartelmovie.com/

Overall, I'd give it a nine out ten.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved that movie. I'd say it's a combination of everything, thriller, action, comedy, etc. It's a throwback to all the exploitation films. It's supposed to be over the top in every aspect. And the gun for the leg was the best part!
    The problem is that i don't saw the thriller, the terror and nothing like that. Thinking they intended to do the movie in that way, then is a hilarious movie, i keep laughing because the bad actuation of the characters and the plot itself. Lets give it a 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    And also, I think you mean 'directed by Rodriguez/Tarantino'
    You are right, but Romero=Zombies, so, honest mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post

The problem is that i don't saw the thriller, the terror and nothing like that. Thinking they intended to do the movie in that way, then is a hilarious movie, i keep laughing because the bad actuation of the characters and the plot itself. Lets give it a 7/10
    Yeah I didn't see it as a scary movie either. Just a very entertaining one.

Along the Path of the Beam Syncrosonix is on a distinguished road Syncrosonix's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i'll give 2012 a 1 out of 10. it was pure garbage.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Star Trek - 7/10

"This is not your fathers Star Trek" , indeed. Right from the opening sequence it's apparent that this film is a livelier, fresher, faster paced imagining of it's television counterpart. It works well on many levels : as an engaging naval film (the outer space dogfight-style approach is especially noteworthy), a sci-fi epic, and as a straight up popcorn flick. Although the futuristic gadgetry and pyrotechnics often steal the show, special mention must go to the actors chosen to portray the younger iterations of such iconic characters. I can't compare this new cast with the original , having never been a fan of the original show, but in my opinion they all performed admirably and really brought their characters to life.

My primary complain with the film is it's villian - neither cunning nor clever in the least, he spends most of his time either yelling or brooding. He never manages to truly inspire fear or attain that level of malice necessary to counter the brass and bravado of the main protagonist. Still, the film has laid a solid foundation for future sequels, and I can't wait to see what Abrams comes up with next.

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Facing Ali 8/10
    The Crazies 6/10

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Bad Lieutenant - Port of Call New Orleans 7/10

The Bad Lieutenant seems to exist for no other reason but to be a vehicle for Nicholas Cage. The storyline is almost nonexistent and the secondary characters are barely given any room to breath.

The only reason I gave it a 7 is because of Cage's overwhelming performance. It's easily his best performance since Adaptation. There is almost nothing to like about his character and as the film progresses, we grow to dislike him more and more.

The film basically follows Cage as he tries to solve a murder in post Katrina New Orleans. It quickly becomes apparent that Cage doesn't really care about solving the murder. About half way through the movie, the search for the killer is almost abandoned and we just follow cage around New Orleans as he meets up with his bookie, drug dealers and his prostitute girlfriend played by Eva Mendes. He does all this while frequently snorting cocaine.

My biggest disappointment is that the film merely uses New Orleans as a set piece. The plight of the survivors and the post hurricane environment is never really touched upon. I feel this was a real oversight. One I almost have trouble forgiving. It's like they used the name of the city in the title merely to make it timely. A wasted opportunity indeed.

If your looking for a film with a tight storyline, this is not the film for you. The Bad Lieutenant is basically a character study. We follow Cage's character as his life spirals out of control. A once good cop who has gone bad.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

La vita è bella (Life is Beautiful) - 8/10

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

My Mood
    Worried

Donnie Brasco

Holy shit. Why did nobody tell me how powerful this movie is?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a damn good movie.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Worried

I really think it's Depp at Pacino at their best, most subtly nuanced roles. I'm not usually a Pacino fan - DDA aside - and that was one of the turn offs. He was fucking brilliant. Wow. Don't even regret being up until 2 finishing it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I concur (excepting I do like Pacino) wholeheatedly. I love that movie.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Worried

The end. Woah. A new fave in my book.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

DB definitely does not have the kind of recognition it deserves. From the leads , to the supporting cast , the pacing , the dialogue , it's a fantastic movie.

Me and my brother quote it on a daily basis. My favorite one to use whenever we're driving somewhere "You want me to take a left off of the f*cking bridge?!"

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    DB definitely does not have the kind of recognition it deserves. From the leads , to the supporting cast , the pacing , the dialogue , it's a fantastic movie.

Me and my brother quote it on a daily basis. My favorite one to use whenever we're driving somewhere "You want me to take a left off of the f*cking bridge?!"
    I am definitely adding that one to my quotes. Panama City Beach is, essentially, an island, so we have to cross a bridge going west, north, and east. South is the Gulf of Mexico.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm always telling people that Donnie Brasco is the most underrated gangster flick of all time.

I'm still amazed at the amount of people I talk to that have yet to see Donnie Brasco.

My Mood
    Worried

Nobody told me. I can't believe nobody told me. I recently watched the American Justice "true" story of Donnie Brasco and that, plus Amanda's praise, cinched it for me. Had to see the movie. Just wow.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Just watched The Lords of Dogtown and I'm giving it a 9/10.

I truly loved this movie. Anyone even remotely interested in the skateboard culture, and how it got started - you must see this film. Directed by Catherine Hardwicke, starring Emile Hirsh, Rebecca DeMornay, Nikki Reed and Heath Ledger.

Based on a true story. Written by Stacy Peralta.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 441 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast