Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 441 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    What is LDS? Like I know what LSD is...
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was a joke.....Latter Day Saints (Mormons).....I knew what turtle was referring to too.....

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know, the vid was in response to Mattrick asking what LDS was.

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    It was a joke.....Latter Day Saints (Mormons).....I knew what turtle was referring to too.....
    Aye, and very funny.

DD: Thanks. That is the clip. Excellent.

I was also just joking myself. Seemed cute, but I didn't mean to derail this thread.

Fuck Adumbros is on a distinguished road Adumbros's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

The Mechanic w/Jason Statham. would've been a high 9/10 until the shitty and all-too-predictably-unrealistic deus-ex-machina stallonesque ending which dropped it all the way to unwatchable for me. completely murdered its own replay value.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Fantastic Mr Fox. I enjoyed it alot. Was pretty grown up for a movie that is suitable for all ages, a good mix of children's entertainment and adult entertainment. Clooney is the perfect choice for the role of Mr. Fox. Clooney is good at playing Foxes; characters that are almost too clever. From Danny Ocean to Ryan Bingham to Michael Clayton and The American, all characters who seem to be the best at what they do and they are so subtle arrogant about it in delivery there is no need to flaunt that fact. Other voice acting was all really good and the animation was very unique. Stop motion filled with so much texture it looked 2-D and 3-D at the same time. Some people have come to dislike Anderson's films as of late because they are so much like Wes Anderson movies but that's what I love. He's got a style and it's transferrable from movie to movie. While some of his movies deal withs similar themes (most notablely the role of the father on a family) they are all very different in presentation, location and plot. This movie is no different. Highly recommend it.

4/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jim Carrey shined in this movie pretty well. Showed not only is a strong leading man but that he's able to do more dramatic roles and offer a wide range of character.
    I feel that Carey is drastically underrated as a serious dramatic actor. Everytime someone says to me that they feel he is incapable of veering outside of his clueless dolt schtick, I urge them to watch The Truman Show or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Two excellent, heartfelt performances by him that drove both films forward and genuinely made you feel sympathetic towards his characters.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Man on the Moon aside from Eternal Sunshine I think is his best performance dramatically. It's so dramatically hidden because he's playing a comedian but I think he's fantastic in that movie. Thinking about watching it again now. I still want to see Darabont's 'The Majestic' with Carrey in it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Brooding

THAT was good

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

X:Men - First Class

The film's biggest draw for me was the opportunity to see Xavier and Eric's doomed friendship play out on the silver screen. Two extraordinarily gifted young men trying to achieve the same result, albeit by completely different means, they're two sides of the same coin. McAvoy and Fassbender had perfect on screen chemistry together, Fassbender's wrathful, trigger happy Magneto playing off of McAvoy's charming Xavier nicely.

The special effects are gorgeous, as befitting a movie of this ilk. Unfortunately the film suffers from Spider Man 3-itis at times, introducing more and more characters as the film marches on that simply cannot be accommodated with more screen time. Fortunately however, Xavier and Magneto's complex relationship forms the core of the film and as such the film is shouldered by both characters admirably. The film is set up for the inevitable sequel, a film I'm very much anticipating.

7/10

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Jim Carrey shined in this movie pretty well. Showed not only is a strong leading man but that he's able to do more dramatic roles and offer a wide range of character.
    I feel that Carey is drastically underrated as a serious dramatic actor. Everytime someone says to me that they feel he is incapable of veering outside of his clueless dolt schtick, I urge them to watch The Truman Show or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Two excellent, heartfelt performances by him that drove both films forward and genuinely made you feel sympathetic towards his characters.
    Indeed! Personally, I've been thoroughly puzzled for several years now over why it is that many people still say that he still feels that he still has something to prove on that score.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

X-men: first class 8/10 - Really liked seeing the older chars as young adults.
    Spoiler:
    And I called the CIA scientist was going to be the Beast the second he talked about Raven's blood (if the was true in the comics please note I did not read these so I feel this is an accomplishment )

That spoiler is a doozy so do not look if you have not (and want to) see the movie. Or do it but don't say I did not warn you
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Brooding

since the last thing on the tv was technically being ignored by me i'm gonna revert to how i watched The Wall which i gave the g/f for her b-day and even tho i was half asleep throughout it still made me feel as though there's a cure for the musical shit-tasticness which pervades modern american radio

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I know I will probably be hated for this but.....I finally watched "The Boondock Saints" after years and years of people bugging me to and I have to say I did not like this at all. I thought the action, acting, and characters were all just way to silly and over the top. It took a phenomenal amount of my will power to watch this film in its entirety...sorry 3/10

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

True Grit 8/10 : really good flick. Idk, the hype just made me think there was going to be more action and/or story. I still really liked it though
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I know I will probably be hated for this but.....I finally watched "The Boondock Saints" after years and years of people bugging me to and I have to say I did not like this at all. I thought the action, acting, and characters were all just way to silly and over the top. It took a phenomenal amount of my will power to watch this film in its entirety...sorry 3/10
    Personally, I love it, but I can definitely see why some might not. The over the top, almost cartoonish violence actually lends the film most of it's charm. It's not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a fairly well made, highly quotable action flick.

*Edit*

Also, put as much distance between yourself and the sequel as humanly possible. The sequel is an abomination to humanity that needs to roast in the deepest pits of Hades.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This might be the circumstance of too much hype. If you had seen the film around when it first came out, before it became a cult sensation, then maybe you would have a different view.

I saw The Boondock Saints when I was in college. A bunch of guys kept lending out the same copy. I swear, one person would watch it and then pass it around to his buddy, then his buddy would lend it to his buddy. That DVD must have been circulated around half the male population of the school.

Boondock Saints II, now that's a different.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This might be the circumstance of too much hype. If you had seen the film around when it first came out, before it became a cult sensation, then maybe you would have a different view.

I saw The Boondock Saints when I was in college. A bunch of guys kept lending out the same copy. I swear, one person would watch it and then pass it around to his buddy, then his buddy would lend it to his buddy. That DVD must have been circulated around half the male population of the school.

That might be it but I'm not sure. I'm not a big fan of this type of action flick. I didn't like Smoking Aces (?), Fast and Furious, Gamer, Etc....I do however love Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, The Usual Suspects, and I thought this was going to be something like one of these.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That might be it but I'm not sure. I'm not a big fan of this type of action flick. I didn't like Smoking Aces (?), Fast and Furious, Gamer, Etc....I do however love Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, The Usual Suspects, and I thought this was going to be something like one of these.
    Hmm, I'm not really sure why you would put The Boondock Saints in the company of films like the Fast and the Furious, Smoking Aces and Gamer. Two of those being big budget action films. BS isn't that, in fact, I feel it falls closer to films like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. I don't really remember any big action scenes in BS. There were a few shoot out scenes, but that's it.

The Boondock Saints is a revenge flick. I certainly wouldn't put it in the category of big, dumb action films like Gamer. To each his own.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

[/QUOTE]Hmm, I'm not really sure why you would put The Boondock Saints in the company of films like the Fast and the Furious, Smoking Aces and Gamer. Two of those being big budget action films. BS isn't that, in fact, I feel it falls closer to films like Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. I don't really remember any big action scenes in BS. There were a few shoot out scenes, but that's it.

The Boondock Saints is a revenge flick. I certainly wouldn't put it in the category of big, dumb action films like Gamer. To each his own.[/QUOTE]

I was never on the debate team so I think I will drop it here. It was just my opinion and I guess we can agree to disagree...No worries.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The three movies you say you liked are awesome but I don't know about a couple of the dislikes. I did not see Gamer but I would like to know what you did not care for in the other two. F and F was different than any car movie before it and I thought it had a pretty solid plot (although they are milking the shit out of a dead cow now IMO). As for Smokin' Aces, all I can say it it was fucking awesome. So many stars and so much action.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Now for what I came in here for:

Hall Pass - 8/10 thought the begining was hilarious. Starts to lag a bit near the end (the main chars turned a bit too panzish IMO) but you get to see a dime's boobies so that adds a point

The End.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

X-Men: First Class

I watched this last week, but I felt i needed to review it. For the longest time, this was a film I hadn't the slightest interest in. It didn't help that, as far as superhero movies went, I wasn't the biggest fan of the X-Men movies. I liked them, but I didn't love them, like with Superman, Batman and Spider-Man. Then I heard about how much Wolverine sucked, and that just made me lose interest in the franchise completely. Until I learned two things about this reboot that slowly changed my mind:
    • James MacAvoy and Michael Fassbender were in the bloody lead roles, who are probably two of the best British actors out there at the moment. Seriously, everything I've watched of theirs in the past decade, I've loved.
    • It wasn't a complete reset like SO many other reboots out there in recent years i.e. it was actually set in the 60s. Historical setting = instant win, right there!
    Anyway, these two things made me wonder how good this film could be. Well, i got my answer when i saw it: pretty darn brilliant. There were several things I loved about this film, first of all was the characters. Here, we're given a really good look at what makes Xavier and Magneto the men they are. There's a very nice progression to both characters, and the end result to both doesn't feel rushed.
    Spoiler:
    Well, except the relationship between the two characters, that is: I always got the impression that the two were friends for much longer than the few months (if that) that we got in the film. That's really just one of only a few small complaints I have about the film, though.
    The other characters are given some nice development, especially Raven and Hank McCoy (also it's cool to see Nicholas Hoult aka the weird kid from About a Boy and the manipulative bastard in Skins, playing another role completely different to what he's played before), and whilst in some cases there's so many it's hard to fit room for them all, in the case of the film's story, you know who the main characters are, and each, in my mind, get their fair amount of story and development.

As for the plot, it's simple, but it does leave plenty of room for the characters to tell their stories.
    Spoiler:
    Also, the use of the Cuban missile crisis: loved it!
    Actually, I just loved the whole 60s setting: the clothes, the hairstyles, and the retro look of some of the costumes and technology of the X-Men universe.

So as far as superhero films go, this is (outside of Nolan's Batman movies, of course,) one of the best ones I've seen in years. It's certainly the best X-Men film I've seen: i got a blu-ray set right afterwards, and again, I liked them, but I didn't love them, certainly not as much as First Class. I suppose the only other complaint I have is that there were too many nods and winks to the audience
    Spoiler:
    ok, so seeing both Wolverine and Rebecca Romijn as older Mystique was pretty sweet to see, but the bald line really just made me cringe, it was so obvious!
    However, these complaints are tiny compared to an extremely well made film that feels surprisingly fresh without straying too far from its roots. 8/10

- Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was never on the debate team so I think I will drop it here. It was just my opinion and I guess we can agree to disagree...No worries.
    No need for debate, just discussion. I respect your opinion, I hope I didn't indicate otherwise. I was just trying to understand where you were coming from. BS just didn't fit with the movies you mentioned. That's all. No biggie.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

For the record, I was not trying to come off as confrontational either. I know every man (univeral) has his own likes and so forth. I just wanted to know what particular (if anything) you disliked about the two movies I tried to "defend" here. It just makes for good discussion, in no way am I trying to throw down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 441 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast