Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 360 of 441 FirstFirst ... 260 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 370 410 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah making my 2019 list will be difficult.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The Irishman:

Martin Scorcese seems to have cast everyone who is a who's who's in previous gangster movies in this one. Robert DeNiro an 80 something hit man now living in a retirement home reminisces about his rise from being an Army soldier who ostensibly committed war crimes returns from the war and works as a teamster trucker. Happenstance causes him to run in to Joe Pesci, and though DeNiro is Irish, his years in Italy during the war helped him learn Italian. Almost "Forrest Gump" like, Deniro's character seems to be in and around major US events during the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

Tasked with "helping" Teamster President Jimmy Hoffa (Al Pacino in an Oscar worthy performance), he ultimately is tasked with taking care of the problem.

With a 3.5 hour running time, the movie is like a sumptuous 9 course meal. Never boring, but moving at a slow rush, you will want to enjoy every morsel.

5.5/6 beers on the RFSRS, I predict numerous Oscar nominations and awards.

Note: The movie begins streaming on Netflix in a few weeks, and although quite enjoyable on a large screen with Dolby Atmos, I think anyone with a competent home theater system will be fine viewing it at home.
    I'm really looking forward to this one. While I can certainly wait for it to come to Netflix, I really need to see it in a theater. Scorsese is 77 years old. Who knows how many films directed by him I will be able to see on the big screen. I can't let that opportunity pass.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

During a lazy Sunday yesterday my wife and I were cleaning up our DVR and watched Observe and Report.

Normally I like Seth Rogen movies. I also like Anna Faris and Ray Liotta. But this movie was just a train wreck from start to finish. Basically an hour and a half of my life that I'll never get back.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ford V Ferrari:

Viewed in XD format. Exciting, and fun filled, the movie "speeds" along and never feels like it is 2.5 hours long. Racing scenes are great, but usually brief so one never gets bored. Bale nails every scene he's in.
    Amazing to see the corporate wonk at Ford attempt to screw things up as he is a by the book corporate person who hates mavericks.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Ford V Ferrari:

Viewed in XD format. Exciting, and fun filled, the movie "speeds" along and never feels like it is 2.5 hours long. Racing scenes are great, but usually brief so one never gets bored. Bale nails every scene he's in.
    Amazing to see the corporate wonk at Ford attempt to screw things up as he is a by the book corporate person who hates mavericks.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.
    I did a lot of reading afterwards and this story is a very true depiction. I could not believe I was in the theater that ling either. It was SO WELL DONE.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

After missing some major movies due to snow, headaches and bad (for me) showtimes, I finally saw one today.

FORD v FERRARI

I enjoyed it, 7.75 out of 10

I just wanted to shout out to Matt Damon, "Spit out that gum!" I can't stand it when people chew gum on the big screen, so it's a darn good thing I was sitting down.

Film (digital projector) stopped dead less than halfway thru the credits and the house lights came on. I hate that. I always watch the credits.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    During a lazy Sunday yesterday my wife and I were cleaning up our DVR and watched Observe and Report.

Normally I like Seth Rogen movies. I also like Anna Faris and Ray Liotta. But this movie was just a train wreck from start to finish. Basically an hour and a half of my life that I'll never get back.

It's definitely not for everyone. I think it's a solid flick, but you've gotta appreciate some twisted humour for it to work.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the absolute privilege of seeing The Irishman in the theater on Sunday. The film is a masterpiece. From the fade up from black, you know it's a Scorcese film. It never felt long to me either. The most striking aspect of the film for me was that, unlike Goodfellas and some of Scorsese's other gangster epics, The Irishman doesn't glamorize the life of a mobster. In fact, it goes out of its way to tell us the many gruesome ways many of the gangsters met their end. A very effective technique. Many will criticize The Irishman for lacking focus and say that it meanders at times, but like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, I loved being along for the ride with these characters.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I had the absolute privilege of seeing The Irishman in the theater on Sunday. The film is a masterpiece. From the fade up from black, you know it's a Scorcese film. It never felt long to me either. The most striking aspect of the film for me was that, unlike Goodfellas and some of Scorsese's other gangster epics, The Irishman doesn't glamorize the life of a mobster. In fact, it goes out of its way to tell us the many gruesome ways many of the gangsters met their end. A very effective technique. Many will criticize The Irishman for lacking focus and say that it meanders at times, but like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, I loved being along for the ride with these characters.
    How did you find the de-aging?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't answer for Still Servant, but for myself, it wasn't a bother at all.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome. Can't wait for it pop up on Netflix.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'm glad you mentioned that. The only part that really was noticeable for me was the beginning when De Niro is at the gas station. You will know the scene I'm talking about. His upper lip and mouth area look really weird to me. After that, I either got used to it or it just wasn't as noticeable.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched The Peanut Butter Falcon last night. Very easy to enjoy, fun and heart warming. One of those movies that you know you will like in the first few minutes. Beautiful scenery and the cast nails it. Highly recommend.
    5/6
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Watched The Peanut Butter Falcon last night. Very easy to enjoy, fun and heart warming. One of those movies that you know you will like in the first few minutes. Beautiful scenery and the cast nails it. Highly recommend.
    5/6
    Yes totally agree. IT IS THE ONLY time I have not hated Shia on screen too. Loved this movie.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    5/6
    Yes totally agree. IT IS THE ONLY time I have not hated Shia on screen too. Loved this movie.
    Yep, dislike Shia and no big fan of Dakota, but they both did an awesome job. One of the best movies I watched this year.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I thought I'd miss DOCTOR SLEEP but they had a good matinee time today so me and my brother went. He hated it and I really liked it, better than the book, which I didn't care for. 8.5 out of 10. The theater had great surround sound. I liked the music, the atmosphere, the SHINING tie-ins, and all the sex and violence and blood-letting and eviscerations and planet's blowing up and devil possessions and people's heads exploding and Clint Eastwood sawing ladies in half and all that other good stuff.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you mentioned that. The only part that really was noticeable for me was the beginning when De Niro is at the gas station. You will know the scene I'm talking about. His upper lip and mouth area look really weird to me. After that, I either got used to it or it just wasn't as noticeable.
    Servant. I’m watching Once Upon a Time right now...
    What do you think I will rate this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I thought I'd miss DOCTOR SLEEP but they had a good matinee time today so me and my brother went. He hated it and I really liked it, better than the book, which I didn't care for. 8.5 out of 10. The theater had great surround sound. I liked the music, the atmosphere, the SHINING tie-ins, and all the sex and violence and blood-letting and eviscerations and planet's blowing up and devil possessions and people's heads exploding and Clint Eastwood sawing ladies in half and all that other good stuff.
    I felt the same. I hated the book but really enjoyed the movie.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Today I saw The Lighthouse and Parasite.

The Lighthouse is simply fantastic. The visuals and set design were wonderful. The performances were captivating as all hell. The minimalist score was eerie and otherworldly and supplemented the visuals and emotion just right. If you want to see a pair of actors act their hearts out in a slow, controlled burn of a film that's also somehow frenetic and unwieldy with a pitch perfect atmosphere, than this is the film for you.

Parasite I didn't like quite as much. I think what hurt Parasite for me was the ending. If the movie ended five minutes earlier with a more subtle touch, I'd have liked it more. But the very end was just a little too on the nose and telegraphed for me. It's a shame too because of how much I enjoyed the rest of the film. It's a very good film that fell just shy of greatness for me because of that ending. If I'd have made this film, I'd have ended it with
    Spoiler:
    a recreation of the scene where Da-Song see the original bunker dweller by having the son of the new owners of the house catching him out of the bunker by seeing his face in the darkness and thinking he's a ghost. The stuff with him living in the bunker just was unnecessary for me and didn't add anything to the film. And the whole 'this is my plan' vision was just way, way too on the nose for me.
    . Other than that it was a very good film, like I said. I'm not one of those people who lets an ending ruin the other 95% of the film. Maybe I'll like the ending more when I rewatch. Who knows? The performances and script were great. The whole conceit of the film is a big reason why I like to go into films blind. I thought this film was more of a dramatic horror or some kind so when it turned out to be about what it's about, I found that very intriguing. Big props to the production design of the film.

I give them both a 5/5
    I keep forgetting to post this. I agree with you, one of the few quibbles I have with the film is that the ending is really spelled out. I like your idea, but I think I would have preferred they did something like...

Spoiler:
    Throughout the film, we are introduced to the button in the basement and the morse code. What I would have done is have Ki-woo visit the house like he did in the film, as he's looking through the binoculars, he sees the light flicker on and off in a clear pattern. We then see a close up of his face as he quickly lowers the binoculars, his mouth agape. Roll credits.

I have a feeling that the studio pushed for the ending in the film because they thought stupid American audiences wouldn't understand it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're going to think it's too slow and boring, but you will appreciate the performances and filmmaking.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I've just watched IT Chapter Two, I would rate it frightful!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

You're going to think it's too slow and boring, but you will appreciate the performances and filmmaking.
    I found it slow. Yes. LOVED Brad Pitt. HE was def my favorite character and that ending!!!!! But yes, seemed like a lot of silly filler. The whole in Rome thing was just a waste of the viewers time and could have shortened the movie to a more respectable 2 hours. I would say you are pretty bang on but I had in my mind a 7. So very close brother!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Good Liar:

I can't say much about this movie without spoiling things so I will tread lightly. Ian McKellen plays a career con artist. Having met Helen Mirren, a well-to-do widow, he starts his scam. The movie is extremely well acted and constantly keeps you guessing, sometimes correctly, other times not. I can't say much more other than I really enjoyed the movie.
    4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Took my family to Frozen II: I thought it was a better film than the first one (the songs were better in the first one though), and my kids loved it. They give it a 10/10, while I give it a 9/10. Great family faire.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I found it slow. Yes. LOVED Brad Pitt. HE was def my favorite character and that ending!!!!! But yes, seemed like a lot of silly filler. The whole in Rome thing was just a waste of the viewers time and could have shortened the movie to a more respectable 2 hours. I would say you are pretty bang on but I had in my mind a 7. So very close brother!
    Damn! I was going to say 7!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 360 of 441 FirstFirst ... 260 310 350 358 359 360 361 362 370 410 ... LastLast