Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 441 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 350 400 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Watched Predestination last night. It was completely different than what I thought it was going to be (in a good way). I was captivated from start to finish, which is especially complimentary since I started it so late at night. I was a fan of the first half more than the second (which tended to get a little bogged down with all the the time travel back-and-forth, in addition to the story not really going too much of anywhere--though I understand the circular nature of the story and life of the main character was the whole point), but really enjoyed the experience. Probably the most enjoyable and engaging movie I've seen in awhile.
    Nice! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was raving about this one a few years back. It was one of my favorite films. I try to warn people that it's a very different movie experience. The film includes one of the more
    Spoiler:
    interesting and fucked up twists in film history too.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you're referring to
    Spoiler:
    "John" impregnating Jane to create herself, yeah, that made me squirm too.

And I though it came out only recently, so I was surprised to see the release date as 2-3 years ago.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Mudbound

First, let me say that I love how Netflix is making original films. Beasts of No Nation was fantastic. I haven't gotten the chance to watch the Stephen King adaptations 1922 and Gerald's Game just yet, but I'm hoping to soon. That being said, the cinephile in me finds something inherently wrong about watching a film on Netflix that I should be watching in a movie theater. Mudbound is one of the very best films of the year, and if all is right in the world, it should be nominated for Best Picture. I just worry that films like this will be overlooked by audiences and members of the Academy alike. My worry is that in the future, this is how all films will be released, or at least all films of this nature. I'm sure it won't happen for a while, but that's where we are headed I'm afraid.

Anyway, don't miss this one. It's a timely film and it really has an old Hollywood feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Well. I finally got here (first time in I wonder how many years), and now am hesitant about how to proceed. The point is, there's been spells of time this year that I've done nothing but watching movies (the only other two things were listening and playing music), because bear's brain condition didn't allow anything else. Luckily, I kept track of the movies elsewhere; now look at my saved list and am awestruck. Will try to put it into next post, if the engine lets me (I forget if we have any character limitation to a post)
    I'm confused, haven't you been around the boards recently?
    I watched Mudbound today. Mostly cause of your review. I agree it was amazing. My only issue.... I feel these movies of the south and total racism have been sooo over done. The Academy does love them though. Side note...Loved our good friend from Breaking Bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roman J. Israel is on my list.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And I thought it came out only recently, so I was surprised to see the release date as 2-3 years ago.
    I think it was made in 2014, but wasn't released until January 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I watched Mudbound today. Mostly cause of your review. I agree it was amazing. My only issue.... I feel these movies of the south and total racism have been sooo over done. The Academy does love them though. Side note...Loved our good friend from Breaking Bad.
    I can see where you're coming from, but I must say, many of the characters in the film were very kind towards the black folks in the film. Even Jason Clarke's character didn't seem to have a problem with them, he wasn't overtly warm, but he wasn't overtly racist towards them either. It was really only Jonathan Banks (our good friend from Breaking Bad) that was just plain brutal.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you're referring to
    Spoiler:

And I though it came out only recently, so I was surprised to see the release date as 2-3 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    COCO 3D - I was never interested in the day of the dead stuff so I just could not get into this one - 5.
    And I have not and have no plans on seeing FROZEN, so a big 1 for the snowman cartoon. I was bored.
    I'm surprised people are still seeing stuff in 3D. Most of the theaters around here have dumped it. I thought that fad was long gone.

Frozen is great by the way. It's unfortunate that the overplaying of the song has given the film a stigma.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you're referring to
    Spoiler:

COCO 3D - I was never interested in the day of the dead stuff so I just could not get into this one - 5.
    And I have not and have no plans on seeing FROZEN, so a big 1 for the snowman cartoon. I was bored.
    I'm surprised people are still seeing stuff in 3D. Most of the theaters around here have dumped it. I thought that fad was long gone.

Frozen is great by the way. It's unfortunate that the overplaying of the song has given the film a stigma.
    We ALWAYS choose 3D. You must not be going to the theaters my friend as every big film is in 3D. I will take a reg theater or Imax if regular theater has it in 3D. I said it before... 3D would not last at home BUT will in the theater. With Cameron's new Avatar's coming in a year or so... it will again breath even more life into it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lady Bird

Very sweet and tender coming of age movie covering a quirky teenager from 17-18 years of age. Problem is that it felt like the movie was actually 1 year long. Very slow, almost to the point of stultifying.
    3/6 beers on the RFSRS. Critics love the movie, but I think it's a bandwagon effect.

Side-note: First time I have been in a theater with oversized power reclining leather chairs. Very nice, and only $5.75 for a Tuesday matinee.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Our theater is in the process of switching over to them, never knew how nice they would really be.

As for 3D, I hate it and wish it would go away. I never choose the 3D option because it's usually worthless and then you need to watch the movie through dark glasses. I will say there are a few exceptions, but very few. Such as Avatar which was really made for that.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

One of the theaters I regular has those chairs and they are comfy but every time someone moves in them they make fart noises.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI - 3 out of 10.
    Wow, I want to see that and heard great things about it. Of course critics loved Lady Bird and it didn't move me.

Can you elaborate a bit why you didn't like it?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I really want to see Lady Bird.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Bring a pillow.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Bring a pillow.
    Lol my thoughts exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you're referring to
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    If you're referring to
    Spoiler:

We ALWAYS choose 3D. You must not be going to the theaters my friend as every big film is in 3D. I will take a reg theater or Imax if regular theater has it in 3D. I said it before... 3D would not last at home BUT will in the theater. With Cameron's new Avatar's coming in a year or so... it will again breath even more life into it.
    Even the IMAX theaters around here rarely have 3D films. People around here have realized that 3D rarely is worth it. Very few films are even shot in 3D. It's converted afterwards. People just aren't willing to pay extra for tacked on 3D. Look at the numbers nationwide, the fad has fallen off considerably.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you're referring to
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Our theater is in the process of switching over to them, never knew how nice they would really be.

As for 3D, I hate it and wish it would go away. I never choose the 3D option because it's usually worthless and then you need to watch the movie through dark glasses. I will say there are a few exceptions, but very few. Such as Avatar which was really made for that.
    Honestly. I never thought I'd be like this, but I'm a complete movie snob now. Once you have the reclining seats, it's impossible to go back. I've been to theaters with just rocking chairs and I might as well be sitting in a dumpster.

As for 3D, I've been over it before, but there are only a handful of films that truly made a difference with 3D. Avatar, Hugo, Dredd and Ant-Man stand out to me. The human brain adjusts to 3D way too quickly. At least it does for me. After a few minutes, I'm like, yeah this is pretty much how I see the world everyday.

Wow. I've heard nothing but good things. Interesting.

I absolutely hated THE BIG LEBOWSKI.
    Holy shit. The Big Lebowski is easily one of the greatest films of all-time. Pure genius. I will say though, it might need a second viewing. A lot of people I know disliked it the first time, but then loved it upon a second viewing.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Over the holiday weekend we went to see Jane. What a great film. It's a documentary about Jane Goodall and contains all this previously unseen footage of her out in the wild. It really is fascinating all the research she did, and she didn't even have a science background nor attend college. Amazing that she was able to just go out into the wilds of Africa and was able to befriend chimpanzees.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Frozen, Tangled, and Moana are excellent movies. But then again, this comes from a guy that still sings "Let It Go" when its on the radio, whether my four year old daughter is with me or not.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Sword in the Stone. Probably my favorite classic Disney film.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Frozen, Tangled, and Moana are excellent movies. But then again, this comes from a guy that still sings "Let It Go" when its on the radio, whether my four year old daughter is with me or not.
    I don't have a daughter and I still sing the shit out of that song every time it comes on.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got out of Coco. Rose liked it, that's all that matters. For me, though, I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5. Meh.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I know, right? And as you saw from my review, I enjoyed the shit out of it.

Holy shit. The Big Lebowski is easily one of the greatest films of all-time. Pure genius. I will say though, it might need a second viewing. A lot of people I know disliked it the first time, but then loved it upon a second viewing.
    Believe it or not, Withnail & I, as much as I go on about it, was definitely like that for me. I didn't completely dislike it, but it was so different to what I had been expecting. It was one of those films though that got better with a second watch. I think I need to rewatch The Big Lebowski, too. I think that takes a couple of viewings to really digest, as there's so much going on.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri:
    Bleak and offering very little dark humor (several attempts were made but fell flat). McDormand deserves an Oscar nomination for her performance as the essentially unhinged grieving mother.
    Shocking event at beginning of the 3rd reel was not surprising, but it did bring the ending together.
    3/6 beers on the RFSRS.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

HaHaHa... great film, Franco.

If you've seen The Room, do yourself a favor and see The Disaster Artist. Fantastic film. There's actually a lot of heart to the film. It's a love letter to dreamers everywhere.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If you're referring to
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Honestly. I never thought I'd be like this, but I'm a complete movie snob now. Once you have the reclining seats, it's impossible to go back. I've been to theaters with just rocking chairs and I might as well be sitting in a dumpster.

As for 3D, I've been over it before, but there are only a handful of films that truly made a difference with 3D. Avatar, Hugo, Dredd and Ant-Man stand out to me. The human brain adjusts to 3D way too quickly. At least it does for me. After a few minutes, I'm like, yeah this is pretty much how I see the world everyday.

I have disliked The Big Lebowski for years. I have even tried engaging in watching it a couple of times because so many enjoy it, but I have yet to finish it again. Just not a fan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 441 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 350 400 ... LastLast