Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 441 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Annihilation - 7/10
    That is only the first book mate... not all three book and don’t read them... haha the last to suck
    Ohh I see. Bummer about the rest of them.
    Yeah ONLY book I quit reading in my life was the 3rd one. Totally unreadable...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I'd be okay with it. You can't ruin that original anyways. Expecting fine and entertaining movies is okay with me...we might even get a really great entry. The director of Soldado isn't returning and Sheridan is already at work on the script for Sicario 3. Would be great for Villeneuve to return, but he's working on Dune right now, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Deakins work with him again there. James Mangold doesn't have a Boba Fett movie going right now, get him on board! Maybe Hoyte Van Hoytema too.
    I'd love to see Sheridan direct one of the films.

In an unrelated topic, Deakins on a Dune film just seems like a perfect match.

Annihilation - 7/10

At least two major plot holes which I guess is to be expected with a movie based on three novels, but overall I enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
    I liked how we never really find out what the entity is or what its intentions are. First contact would likely not be something our minds are capable of processing, much like a caveman’s mind wouldn’t be capable of understanding what an iPhone is. Personally, I believe if we’re ever “visited by aliens” we may not even know it’s happening unless they can figure out how to dumb down the communication enough for our inferior intellectual ability to process and understand.
    What are the plot holes in question?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I’m sure there were more but the two that stood out to me were:

Spoiler:

1) Why did they allow Lena to see and know about The Shimmer? “Area X” doesn’t sound like the kind of place they just give a civilian (ex-Army or not, wife or not) total access to. It was obviously a covert government site. The reality of government security clearance seemed to be entirely disregarded.

2) Why did they allow Lena to go with them? “I want to help my husband” doesn’t cut it. Having an Army background doesn’t grant you top secret clearance by default. People work their asses off for decades for that kind of clearance.

I realize it’s a movie and a lot has to be squeezed into a couple hours of screen time, so these holes didn’t necessarily ruin it for me. I just chalked it up to not having read the books. I bet there were quite a few more holes that I didn’t notice because I did end up getting into the movie.

Side note: the music/sounds at the end were awesome. Clever juxtaposition of the southern style guitar riff on repeat throughout the movie until that point.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You're focusing on the wrong things my G. Don't see those as plot holes, but rather plot conveniences to move the events along, like you mentioned.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    You're focusing on the wrong things my G. Don't see those as plot holes, but rather plot conveniences to move the events along, like you mentioned.
    It didn’t ruin the movie for me by any means. I just remember muttering something to myself about it when I noticed, at which point my wife said, “what?” and I responded, “nothing, this is why I usually read the book first.”

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I saw both Ant-Man and The Wasp and The Incredibles 2 recently. Ant-Man and The Wasp was a fun light hearted follow up to the first movie, and was kinda the breather needed after Infinity War. It was loads of fun and I'd call it better than the first one. Only real negative I have is a completely pointless sub plot with the secondary villain. Though it did give us a great Luis narrated scene.

The Incredibles 2 on the other hand I found a bit disappointing. Visually it's loads better than the first movie, you can really tell how far the tech behind Pixar has come in that amount of time. The set pieces are pretty great and there's some really funny stuff with Jack-Jack. Overall though the story (theme wise) is a complete rehash of the first movie, which is pretty disappointing because after the first one you'd assume we get a full movie of them working as a super family, but unfortunately that's not what we get.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ivo will become famous soon enough Ivo will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused

Ant-Man and the Wasp was a pure fun and entertaining movie to watch all the way through, something these latest super hero movies have been lacking lately. I feel because it was so amusing to me it was one of Marvels better movies recently.
    I didn't go into analyzing it to deeply, they made the tie ins to other movies easily enough and kept it lighthearted, like Dan said, just what it kind of needed.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    But good fiction, especially Sci-Fi should at least be believable. I mean they debriefed in quarantine and Bio-suits, but they let them waltz into the alien shimmer in standard jungle ensemble's? No shit that the shimmer began affecting them in no time. Stupid plot IMO. Looks like I stand alone in that thinking, sigh. To me there was just too much no common sense plot points like I've stated and, Cody stated. I did manage to get my money back from DTV though. Albeit for different reasons but what the hell, right? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Equalizer 2:

First Denzel sequel. Watching the movie is like slipping into an old pair of shoes-you know exactly what to expect. Predictable (Denzel lives, everyone else who is bad dies), yet enjoyable. With the R rating, the violence has been taken to a high level (never let Denzel get a hold of your credit card).

Director Fuqua takes the final standoff to a somewhat ridiculous level, but it still is tense.
    Illogical scene in finally

4/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Mission Impossible: Fallout was fantastic. Best action movie since Mad Max: Fury Road. See it in IMAX!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Chatty

Mission Impossible: Fallout was fantastic. Best action movie since Mad Max: Fury Road. See it in IMAX!
    First time in a very long time I’m considering watching a Tom Cruise movie. Probably will now if it was that good.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't watched a Mission Impossible movie since Pt. II.

Is knowledge of the previous entries a necessity?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've skipped everything with Cruise (in the theater) since War of the Worlds. I may give this a go...Probably not but maybe.

First time in a very long time I’m considering watching a Tom Cruise movie. Probably will now if it was that good.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean neither of you have been watching the best action franchise of all time? Mission Impossibles 3-6 have been terrific. I'd say watch 3-6 just because you won't regret it, and there is a kind of background plot from 3-6 that has a nice payoff in this movie. Characters go from one to the other, but 6 is the first true sequel in the franchise, following up from 5.

I can't imagine not watching Tom Cruise movies. Who hates good movies? Well, Mummy aside lol

My Mood
    Chatty

I can't imagine not watching Tom Cruise movies. Who hates good movies?
    It’s not the movies I hate. Lol. But maybe it’s time to put pointless judgement aside.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I will watch them if he jumps on a coach or has a creepy arranged marriage.

You mean neither of you have been watching the best action franchise of all time? Mission Impossibles 3-6 have been terrific. I'd say watch 3-6 just because you won't regret it, and there is a kind of background plot from 3-6 that has a nice payoff in this movie. Characters go from one to the other, but 6 is the first true sequel in the franchise, following up from 5.

I can't imagine not watching Tom Cruise movies. Who hates good movies? Well, Mummy aside lol

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I will watch them if he jumps on a coach or has a creepy arranged marriage.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Damm right. It was amazing. 9/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't imagine not watching Tom Cruise movies. Who hates good movies?
    It’s not the movies I hate. Lol. But maybe it’s time to put pointless judgement aside.

Yeah, Cruise is a bit of a quack, but he's a quack that learns to fly helicopters and scales buildings to make great movies, so I forgive him lol

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ben....what kind of arranged marriage? That might be the plot to the next Mummy movie.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ben....what kind of arranged marriage? That might be the plot to the next Mummy movie.
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2012...e-katie-holmes

Link has deranged popups.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, I love Tom Cruise so much. He's insane and I love it.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Tom Cruise. He's insane.
    Fox News Agrees. CNN is the reporter that back's this up.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I’m sure there were more but the two that stood out to me were:

Spoiler:

1) Why did they allow Lena to see and know about The Shimmer? “Area X” doesn’t sound like the kind of place they just give a civilian (ex-Army or not, wife or not) total access to. It was obviously a covert government site. The reality of government security clearance seemed to be entirely disregarded.

2) Why did they allow Lena to go with them? “I want to help my husband” doesn’t cut it. Having an Army background doesn’t grant you top secret clearance by default. People work their asses off for decades for that kind of clearance.

I realize it’s a movie and a lot has to be squeezed into a couple hours of screen time, so these holes didn’t necessarily ruin it for me. I just chalked it up to not having read the books. I bet there were quite a few more holes that I didn’t notice because I did end up getting into the movie.

Side note: the music/sounds at the end were awesome. Clever juxtaposition of the southern style guitar riff on repeat throughout the movie until that point.
    Those aren't really plot holes to me. The audience is being asked to fill in the blanks once we know what's going on.

Spoiler:
    One thing people aren't mentioning is the fact that this expedition was comprised of all females. This isn't a coincidence. The lifeform inside Area X returns people to our world. They're different, but they appear to be the same person. You can make the case that when Lena's husband returned, he convinced the people in control of the expeditions to send in an all female crew. He probably specifically recommended his wife to be part of it. I know it might seem like a stretch, but it's certainly plausible.

The lifeform in Area X needs a female host in the outside world in order to procreate. What better way to do it than to recruit females to volunteer.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know, right? I can't believe there are people missing out on this fantastic recent trilogy. Especially because of something as silly as one's religious beliefs (if that's what you want to call it) or the fact that someone jumped on a couch once. Your loss.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 441 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 323 331 371 421 ... LastLast