Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Donation wall image discussion

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Donation wall image discussion

Ever since the close of last years Fund Raiser we have had our donation wall on the home page of the site. Obviously, this year we will need another one.

I know we have some great image talent out there so I am willing to give 3 entries to be used in any of our giveaways. Anyone who submits an image will be given 1 entry.

I know we have some amazing talent this year so I'm hoping we can come up with something cool. The walls from past years have been serious works of art and I love having them on the home page.

Criteria:

• Create an image that can be populated with the names of all our contributors this year. Basically a blank slate.
    • The "Wall" image can be of any variety. Brick, Stone, mesh...whatever. As long as the names can be seen
    • No need to use our logo or banner image on the wall as our Home Page already displays it
    • Be creative
    • I'll submit the names to the winner once they are collected so they can be added.

Rules:

• Wall image must be PM'd to Matt by 4/10/10
      • I will upload it to the gallery, it will take care of size
    • A poll will be set up in this forum to vote on them.
    • The winning image will be used

I would really appreciate anyone who has image expertise to give this a try, obviously this is a totally digital venture.

Here is an example of the one dotKey did for us last year, it was really cool.

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Also...if you submitted an image in any of the previous years and would like to put it back in the hat, go for it!

I know Gretchen created an amazing image last year that just barely lost, I loved it.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like last years.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, I can't wait.
    There were so many cool entries last year.
    We're lucky to have so many talented members.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hmmmm, I wass thinking a pic of Uncle Steve but now
    I can't imagine a photo that would meet criteria.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, can you post the donation wall from 2008 as well?

I have no recollection what it looked it, but it might be another good example.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure Patrick, I'll find it tonight.

I went back to the archive thread for the fundraiser that year and there is a pic of a pretty girl there now.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Here it is!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Next to dotkay's one from last year, mine looks like it was trampled by a smoke monster.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Matt!

Ricky, don't sell yourself short, they are both good.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Sure Patrick, I'll find it tonight.

I went back to the archive thread for the fundraiser that year and there is a pic of a pretty girl there now.
    So post that too!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ooh! What a shame that my laptop has crashed down (again), so I'm not sure if I can produce anything for this contest, but most definitely will at least try!

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I can extend if you need Lily. We have not had much response and its really important to get a great image for it.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aw, thank you, Matt. Will keep you posted how I'm doing.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Yes, please extend it. This is only the first chance I've had (and remembered!) to look at this thread.

How about this wall?

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Extended it shall be. Anyone who is even trying let me know if you want to be entered into any of the giveaway's left.

John F. Kennedy AsylumWitch is on a distinguished road AsylumWitch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oooh, I'm in! I was working on a DT piece and maybe I can modify it for this.

How fun!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have gotten several good entries for this

I am going to wait until May 1st to start the voting, hopefully we will get a few more.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

The poll for this contest will be starting tomorrow. Hope everyone will come in and vote on the cool entries we have.