Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which unadapted SK stories would you like to see?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1) The Dark Tower, all 7 + The Little Sisters..

2) The Long Walk for sure

3) Talisman + Black House

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I would love to see The Talisman and Eyes of the Dragon .
    I also think a Dead Zone remake would be kind of cool, if done right.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Ooo. I'd like to see another anthology, too. I love anthology films like The House that Dripped Blood, Torture Garden, and Doctor Terror's House of Horrors.

Grey Matter
    Survivor Type
    A Very Tight Place
    The Jaunt
    Uncle Otto's Truck
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I also want to see The Long Walk made into a movie. I'm not sure how it would do because so much of the book was psychological to me. It's one of my favorite stories ever.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

the long walk would be awesome
    or any of the early bachman books

road work
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by doctor benway View Post
    the long walk would be awesome
    or any of the early bachman books

road work
    I loved The Running Man written as Bachman... and dare I say it was kind of ripped off in The Gamer.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see Eyes of the Dragon or The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon to be adapted some time.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt GWLTG would translate well. A great director might pull it off, but it's more likely, IMO, to be another dumb Stephen King movie. How do you film the subtext? We don't really need an "adaptation" which appears as laughable as the infamous It mini-series's big rubber spider.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As long as there's a good actress for Trisha and a director who has a firm grasp on the source material, I think it could be done. Probably wouldn't be a mainstream film but there have been a number of 'minimalist' indie films that have worked well in the past that focus on one person for the majority of the film.

Definitely wouldn't give it to someone like Mick Garris, but Frank Darabont could pull it off with ease.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanna see a tarantino directed version of The Regulators
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    As long as there's a good actress for Trisha and a director who has a firm grasp on the source material, I think it could be done. Probably wouldn't be a mainstream film but there have been a number of 'minimalist' indie films that have worked well in the past that focus on one person for the majority of the film.

Definitely wouldn't give it to someone like Mick Garris, but Frank Darabont could pull it off with ease.
    Well, maybe... with Morgan Freeman narrating...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2