Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Auction #13-Rare signed Locke & Key Comics

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Auction #13-Rare signed Locke & Key Comics

Auction #13 - Locke & Key set signed by Joe Hill

Here is a set of Issues #1 from each of the first three story arcs in Joe Hill's series, LOCKE & KEY. These are all First Printings and, even better, one is a Retail Incentive Variant which is rarer than the regular issue. All three were signed by Joe Hill, as witnessed by two TDT.com Managers, at his recent book tour stop at Booksmith on Haight in San Francisco on March 4, 2010. This set of three signed comics comes with the bookstore's event flyer you see in the photo listing Joe's appearance .

-Patrick

Up for auction as a set:

L&K: Welcome to Lovecraft, Issue #1, First Printing - signed by Joe Hill
    L&K: Head Games, Issue #1 Retailer Sketch Variant (less common than the regular issue) - signed by Joe Hill
    L&K: Crown of Shadows, Issue #1, First Printing - signed by Joe Hill

Opening bid: $30
    Auction begins: 3/24/2010
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmm i might bid for these as i forgot to take some comics for Joe to sign at the Nottingaham event

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope you do! We need as many people as possible bidding.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, I am soooooo in this one !!!

( awesome and so generous Patrick ! )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

* Tech Deck not included.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Are you sure ............

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Are you sure ............
    Yea.... I mean, darn, that's actually what I was bidding on!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If this thing goes high enough, I'll throw in free shipping and the Tech Deck.

My Mood
    Gay

Hmmmm. Well, let's see... I got outbid by Tito, who then got outbid by me, who then got outbid by Tito and now Brice is the top bid... there could be a TechDeck in someones future!!

You know, because on a site like this one ... we definitely need something else to collect!

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i am currently tidying the room to see if there is any more $$$ to be spent

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, if this thing goes over hundred bucks, I will pay for:

a) If the winner is in the U.S.:
    PRIORITY Shipping with Insurance and Delivery Confirmation. Again, on my dime not yours. So you domestic bidders can figure on an additional $10 to $15 of value.

b) If the winner is not in the U.S.:
    I have no idea anymore what it costs to ship from the U.S, except that at some point it got expensive as heck. I'll pay for the shipping.

Of course, this set will be shipped in a box not an envelope.

We'll see about the Tech Deck. That will involve some negotiation with my sons.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Very generous of you Patrick, thank you.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was outbid now.

Spoiler:
    ...by ME!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The "Specially Bound" First Edition Hardcover of HORNS is limited to 1180 unnumbered copies.

Just for fun, I've decided to send the winner of this auction the book in the pictures below.
    (As you can see, the cover has a slight ding in front lower right corner.)

Less than two days remaining. Good luck, everyone, and thanks for supporting THE HAVEN FOUNDATION!

My Mood
    Gay

Wow, Patrick !!! That is so incredibly generous!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This one is over, congratulations to the winner and thanks for bidding.

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup congratulations to who ever won!!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This comes up a lot so I thought I would remind everyone that during the auction, the high bidder is listed if you click into it on the right.

Also, once the bidding is over, you can go to DTbay and click "closed auctions". Choose a category from that screen and all the closed auctions the site has had recently are listed there in alphabetical order.

I don't usually announce winners and stuff but if people are curious, they are welcome to do some research.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't divulge the name either, but:

Congratulations, Rhymes-with-Nice!

My Mood
    Gay

Yes, congrats!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Who could it possibly be?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

Who could it possibly be?
    This guy?

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Mr. Rice.

If you rescue me