Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Bye Bye Man: crap crap movie.
    you must have been really desperate for a horror film, to have picked one that has imdb and RT ratings, respectively, 3.8 and 23, and whose synopsis starts with "When three college students move into an old house off campus..." )))

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Bye Bye Man: crap crap movie.
    you must have been really desperate for a horror film, to have picked one that has imdb and RT ratings, respectively, 3.8 and 23, and whose synopsis starts with "When three college students move into an old house off campus..." )))
    Giving it a shot as you may never know.....and yes Bears, a little desperate too .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears feel this way pretty often themselves

(and, God as my witness, have watched tons and tons of crap...)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

While more creepy thriller than horror, Get Out was awesome. Such a vein seems to be where Hollywood is going these days, which I am okay with, since thrillers were dead for so long...and thrillers basically defined the 90's. I'd rather take a well-made, taut thriller than a shitty horror movie, and I've barely liked any horror films to come out of Hollywood in years, it's all indie and foreign-made films which excel in the genre.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I second Get Out. Just watched it last night and absolutely loved it. I guess it is horror or thriller even, but it's definitely not a terrifying film that's going to scare you. There's a lot of humor tossed in there which takes away the scary aspect of it. That said though, it works really well together and don't let that deter you from watching it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It is no easy feat to make an audience feel unsettled while they're laughing at something hilarious.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    It is no easy feat to make an audience feel unsettled while they're laughing at something hilarious.
    no easy for sure, but giving the most powerful thrills. My adored Pontypool is a classic example (let alone The Tenant et al.)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to rewatch both of those. Pontypool is amazing. I still can't believe how hard my friend laughed at The Tenant. It was more of a dark comedy than anything else to me, but considering how affected my friend was when he brother committed suicide, hearing him cackle during the ending of The Tenant made the experience all the more surreal to me. Then you have my roommate, who saw Polanski put on a dress and lipstick and he left the room.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Leatherface. Simply a terrible movie. It never should have been made, or at least, not this adaptation, story line, or director.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Heather!!!

a wonderful thing happened to me: I re-watched In the Mouth of Madness, and can't believe I was so reserved about it the first time. I remember you being surprised and saying "I was sure you would love it" - what I can't remember is why I did not perfectly love it that first time. Now I loved every moment of it (especially in that town, of course, but all the rest too); in addition to being really entertaining, very well made, genuinely creepy and at times even scary, it has a story that is original and interesting, which doesn't often happen to horror films these days. Tons of thanks again!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So glad you enjoyed it Jean It's a great movie.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In The Mouth of Madness is an extremely underrated horror film. It would be depreciated in today's landscape of cheap jump scares. Like you said Jean, it's genuinely creepy and the sense of dread that permeates the entire film is awesome.

My Mood
    Confused

Wish Upon. A bit repetitive story line when wishing is concerned with these types of movies. Not great, not bad, but forgotten. 4/10
    The Sound. Rose McGown. Story about an unbeliever in ghosts and goes down into a subway looking for a story. Nothing to write home about. 4/10

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...s-of-all-time/
    The 100 Scariest Movies of All Time

Why do we love being scared? It can’t be the way it makes our heart beat at rapid rates. Or how it keeps us up at night, leaving us to clutch our sheets as we stare at our half-open closets and listen for the faintest sounds down the hall. What the hell is it then? What gives us the oomph to spend 24 hours at vintage theaters for horror movie marathons? Why do we feel the need to sit down and watch John Carpenter’s Halloween for the 568th time every time October rolls around? It’s really odd.

For some, it’s an emotional release. Watching masked murderers hunt down hapless idiots or seeing nuclear families flee from the fractured promise of the American dream is a spiritually cynical escape from our own problems. It’s a cleansing of sorts that filters out our own personal anxieties that stem from real-world problems. So, in effect, these 90-minute B-fests serve as a therapeutic experience that a) costs less than your average therapist and b) traditionally involves candy and/or beer.

For others, it’s a nostalgic thing. Growing up throughout the ’80s and ’90s, and even throughout the ’00s to a certain extent, there was a mythology to the horror movie genre. What made you scared said so much about you as a person. Whether your skin crawled over the sight of gore or your spines tingled at the sound of a werewolf, it was your fear to cultivate, and you wore that fear as a badge of courage. It was something to talk about on the playgrounds and in the aisles of your local video shop.

Today, that connection seems different, if only because everything has been sterilized by being parsed out through various streaming services. We seek out horror in different ways now, not through physical scouring but through mindless scrolling. It’s kind of the same, but it’s also not really the same — overall, it feels like something’s been missing from the experience. But, here’s the thing: Fear will always find us, no matter what changes, and this list is definitive proof of that notion.

Because no matter the time nor the medium, these films will scare you.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/253...go-live-10217/
    If you’re in the market for what is no doubt THE ULTIMATE PUPPET MASTER COLLECTIBLE – Toulon’s Trunk, then pay attention! Pre-orders are on their way to going LIVE! Make sure you nab yours come October 2, 2017!

From the Press Release:
    A replica of the mystical Andre Toulon’s travelling case in the Puppet Master franchise, Toulon’s Trunk is a stunning wood and metal-forged box set containing all 11 official Puppet Master films remastered on Blu-ray as well as a bonus disc, a mini Blade figure (more mini figures will be released this year to add to the collection), collectible booklet, startling new cover artwork for each film, and much more! Each box set will be numbered and signed by producer Charles Band.

The first 100 copies of Toulon’s Trunk will be available for pre-sale on 10/02 and on sale 10/16 exclusively at FullMoonDirect.com. More copies will be available in November.

And be sure to watch the World Premiere of the 11th and wildest Puppet Master movie, Puppet Master: Axis Termination’s, first installment, “War Toys,” available EXCLUSIVELY this Friday, September 15th, on Full Moon’s Amazon channel in the U.S., U.K.. and Germany.
    http://www.fullmoondirect.com/The-Ul...nk_p_1210.html
    ORDERS START SHIPPING NOVEMBER 19th

A replica of the mystical Andre Toulons travelling case in the Puppet Master franchise, Toulons Trunk is a stunning wood and metal-forged box set containing all 11 official Puppet Master films remastered on Blu-ray as well as a bonus disc, a mini Blade figure (more mini figures will be released this year to add to the collection), collectible booklet, startling new cover artwork for each film, and much more!

NOTES (PLEASE READ)!

**The cost will be the same for all copies: only the 1st 100 trunks will be signed/#'d, the 2nd 100 trunks will be signed only

**We ship worldwide via USPS: you will receive a tracking # from stamps.com once your order ships (please check your spam folder)

**Free Domestic shipping on all orders over $50

**Estimated International shipping costs are: Canada $40, Australia/UK $50

**All trunks will be carefully double packaged with bubble wrap/padding to help avoid damage during transit

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I don't think I realized there were THAT many Puppet Master films.

My Mood
    Confused

The Devil's Candy 2015. I actually enjoyed this movie. Acting was good, nice story, but a little too short. It is about an artist that seems to be channeling the thoughts of a disturbed killer who's parents used to live in the house the artist and his family bought. Overall I liked it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Puppet Master

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I love Puppet Master
    As do I, and I'm seriously considering getting this trunk. Or maybe if they come out later with a smaller version.

My Mood
    Confused

Last post was 11-17, is the horror genre dead people?!
    Insidious The Last Key. Everything you felt would happen; did. The attempted humor was awful, the story was bland, and the movie I forgot what happened. I saw it a while ago and I figured I would mention it in passing. 5/10

My Mood
    Confused

Pyewacket 2017. Story of a girl that moved with her mother and she despises the move and attempts to summon a demon to kill her mother. I love the atmosphere (I miss the changing seasons and hope one day soon I will move back home), the actors did great job in this flick and I was impressed. A slow moving film, but something I was glad I found. 7/10

Devil's Gate. A different movie which was interesting, but an odd movie. Sometimes the acting felt fine and sometimes it felt forced. Wasn't for me. 4/10

The Strangers: Prey at Night. I saw the first one, and felt this was exactly the same film, just a couple years later. I almost couldn't get through it. 4/10

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I don't think I realized there were THAT many Puppet Master films.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I love Puppet Master

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm fucking down^

Love Puppet Master.

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast