Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It sounds good. I don't think I've seen a film about the Djinn yet.

I also thought The Witch was getting a wide release next month as well, is this not the case? I'm looking forward to this one. I'm also dying to see The Boy.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lots of thanks to Ricky! I really enjoyed the second Sinister - bears love those evil child movies! Don't know why all that hate in the comments I read elsewhere - a good, sound, wholesome horror film, just what bears like.

The only thing bears love more than that is a dismal, morbid, dreary horror film, and this craving was more or less satisfied by Canal, a 2014 Irish film. Nothing especially new or groundbreaking about it, but it sure was dismal enough, bears liked.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    It sounds good. I don't think I've seen a film about the Djinn yet.

I also thought The Witch was getting a wide release next month as well, is this not the case? I'm looking forward to this one. I'm also dying to see The Boy.
    I'm so sick of these horror movies about dolls. So boring and not creepy.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Lots of thanks to Ricky! I really enjoyed the second Sinister - bears love those evil child movies! Don't know why all that hate in the comments I read elsewhere - a good, sound, wholesome horror film, just what bears like.

The only thing bears love more than that is a dismal, morbid, dreary horror film, and this craving was more or less satisfied by Canal, a 2014 Irish film. Nothing especially new or groundbreaking about it, but it sure was dismal enough, bears liked.
    Sinister two was alright? I really liked the original and I always avoid horror sequels.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It depends on how seriously you treat horror movies. One might say that while the original film presented an (arguably) fresh aspect, the sequel is thoroughly traditional and doesn't offer any new perspective on anything. Which I personally don't mind in the least, provided it is entertaining.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No problem, Jean! I'm glad you liked it as well. And I agree, it wasn't bad like so many people seem to say (though it did pretty well at the box office).

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I'm so sick of these horror movies about dolls. So boring and not creepy.
    You should take that back. They may be watching.

Puppets/dolls/marionettes are one of the things that freak me out the most, so I think it's one of the horror sub-genres most likely to "scare" me.

the sequel is thoroughly traditional and doesn't offer any new perspective on anything. Which I personally don't mind in the least, provided it is entertaining.
    I agree. It had just enough new elements (and I really liked the characters) to make it not a total rehash of the first. Also, like you said, it was entertaining.

Plus, I really loved how they focused on the kids' points of view.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe if they make a horror film about thos3 maleovent elf on a shelf dolls. They have hooves.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Sinister 2 surprised me as well because it was slaughtered by the critics but I really enjoyed it.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

well, the Witch has been given the official "thumbs up" by the Satanic Temple, so there's that...

http://www.indiewire.com/article/bew...mpaign=IW_post

looking forward to seeing it again as it was one of my favorite Sundance films last year
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I normally just look around here, but I had to share, especially since you were talking about dolls.

I caught an 1987 movie on tv called "Dolls," and if you love/hate creepy doll movies, you have absolutely got to see it. It was such a delightfully bad movie, but totally entertaining. Well, if you have a love/hate relationship with the creepy little things it is. I kept cracking up and cheering on the dolls.

Anyway, just had to share.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just looked it up. I'm blaming you for my nightmares tonight.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Just looked it up. I'm blaming you for my nightmares tonight.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoiler:

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

The VVitch. I loved the scenery, the acting, but the ending was so.......dumb. That hurts my value of the movie .
    Victor Frankenstein. Better then I thought it would be and I do enjoy watching McAvoy and Daniel Radcliiffe. I'm guessing it was a sort of prequel because of the ending?
    The Forest. I always wondered why this was never a movie. Great history behind this damned forest. They make a movie, it sucks, so I guess I know why lol.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

Spoiler:
    DOH! I miss your old avatar though.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

Movies just haven't been out there. Good ones, or many good ones. A few here and there but not many. The trend seems to be TV shows these days. Anyway, I figured I would mention "Broken" 2008 I believe. With Lena Headly from Game of Thrones. Not a bad movie and she does a really good job in it. She is in a car accident and believes she saw herself and that is why she got into one. I can't give out anymore information to spoil it.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite horror movies of all time is In the Mouth of Madness. It was directed by John Carpenter in the early nineties and Sam Neill was the main actor. It's a little hokey in places and the special effects aren't always spectacular, but I always loved how the story comes full circle at the end. Anything unbelievable or unrealistic (relatively speaking) gets explained away perfectly in the end. And it has some really creepy scenes in it that make it worth a watch.

SUTTER CANE?

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Confused

I liked In the Mouth of Madness. Sutter Cane is such a cool name.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my top ten horror films.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Did I ever tell you my favourite colour is blue?

Stayed home when I was a kid. Watched Event Horizon and In The Mouth of Madness. Called it Sam Neill night. Was awesome.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Did I ever tell you my favourite colour is blue?

Stayed home when I was a kid. Watched Event Horizon and In The Mouth of Madness. Called it Sam Neill night. Was awesome.
    I always enjoyed him and it's a shame he isn't in more things. He was in a show. It had terrible ratings but I really liked it a lot. The only way to finish the only season they made was online only and this was before people were going crazy with the internet. The show was called......Happy Town, 2010. I know this isn't the thread for it, but it was sort of supernatural like. More of a murder mystery type show. I liked it.

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Happy Town.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I liked Happy Town.
    I thought I was the only person that ever saw it. It was actually good! Better then most of the stuff out there IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 ... LastLast