Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanaR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    I just finished watching The Lazarus Effect on Netflix, and I have to admit it was better than I expected. Kind of reminded me of Event Horizon...

DanaR, if you like found footage, check out The Conspiracy.
    The Conspiracy was good! I haven't watched The Lazarus Effect yet, but it's in my queue.

I love Event Horizon, one of the few movies that still gives me the heebies if I watch it alone. Another one that weirds me out is In the Mouth of Madness. Sam Neill does creepy well.
    In The Mouth Of Madness is a horror classic. "Did I ever tell you my favourite colour was blue?" (Young Hayden Christiansen as paper boy at the end. I drive past the church all the time.)
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    He may just be, I doubt we'll ever know!!! He is a man of means and intrigue. He's never in one place too long and travels like the wind. He also doesn't drink beer often, but when he does, he drinks Dos Equis!!! LOL LOL
    How wrong can you be.
    1. Retired
    2. Was Blue Collar Worker
    3.Home 24/7 98% of the time
    4. Travels at 55-70 mph
    5. Drinks Quinness

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Extraordinary Tales 2015. Animation stories of several Edgar Allen Poe tales. If you like Poe I'd assume you would like this animation. Done by different creators with different styles. I enjoyed it, especially for Halloween.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So our theater had a special showing of Dracula, the original one with Bela Lugosi last night, so we went to see it. And as a bonus they showed the Spanish language version right after it. An interesting thing that I never knew was that after Tod Browning wrapped filming for the day, another crew came in, used the same sets and filmed a Spanish version of the film at night. We only watched maybe the first half hour because it was getting late and what we saw was very, very similar to the other one. Also I didn't like who they had cast as Dracula, he just seemed kind of goofy.

Bruce, I'm guessing you've seen it? How does the rest of the film compare, is it very similar? They said it was longer so they were able to flesh out the characters a bit more, but what we saw, minus a few different camera angles, was just like the English version.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Babadook View Post
    after Tod Browning wrapped filming for the day, another crew came in, used the same sets and filmed a Spanish version of the film at night
    That's a really cool fun fact. I've never seen any movie version of Dracula, but the book has been on my to-read list for a couple years.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You should watch Nosferatu! Max Schreck is so creepy in that movie. Not to mention, for being made before Universal's Dracula, the effects were much better. Him popping up from the coffin was much better than the camera panning away from the unopened coffin and back to see Dracula standing beside it.

I also watch The Sentinel the other night. I couldn't believe everyone that was in it. A very young Jeff Goldblum, a young Christopher Walken, a naked Beverly D'Angelo, and also from Christmas Vacation uncle Lewis.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also watch The Sentinel the other night.
    Not familiar with this one. Is it good? (aside from the cast).

I couldn't believe everyone that was in it....a naked Beverly D'Angelo...
    Please to discuss further this important element.

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I also watch The Sentinel the other night.
    Not familiar with this one. Is it good? (aside from the cast).
    It was ok, a good rainy day rental. Nothing spectacular though. It ended up on my list because either someone raved about it or I saw it on one of those must see horror movie lists.

I couldn't believe everyone that was in it....a naked Beverly D'Angelo...
    Please to discuss further this important element.
    Yeah I was quite shocked. Not to mention another thing she does in the film. I wasn't expecting it from her She was pretty young in it too, I think it might have been her first movie.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I was quite shocked. Not to mention another thing she does in the film. I wasn't expecting it from her She was pretty young in it too, I think it might have been her first movie.
    Added to Netflix queue!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You should watch Nosferatu! Max Schreck is so creepy in that movie. Not to mention, for being made before Universal's Dracula, the effects were much better. Him popping up from the coffin was much better than the camera panning away from the unopened coffin and back to see Dracula standing beside it.
    It's been in my queue since you (I think it was you) mentioned/recommended it years ago. I just never seem to get around to watching it. One of these years though!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Make that year Now!

Nosferatu is a must...

and I also recommend these two.

As for the Spanish Dracula you will find it included in both these sets as well on the new Blu-ray.

What did you think of it Bruce? Is it very similar to the english version? What we saw was almost identical, minus a few different shots.

Has been years since I have watched it...Will screen it tonight & get back to you.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

Added to Netflix queue!
    I didn't see this title. Is it only on DVD?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess. I don't do streaming.

I watched it last night & can say that I do like both films The Spanish one has some shoots of Dracula rising from a smoke filled box
    (That does not match the coffin seen earlier from footage from the Bela version)
    & there is also footage of Bela in the London night) The Endings are quite different Carlos carries Eva down the staircase meets Renfield sets her down chokes Renfield & throws him OFF the staircase.
    Mina walks with Bela. Bela chokes Renfield & he rolls down the last stairs & Bela carries Mina to the bottom. Because of the day/night shoot the door to the cellar is pried open in the day shooting & broken open & destroyed for the night shoot also the ending is a little clearer in the Spanish film it shows Juan & Eva going up stairs & Van Helsing standing over Renfields body assuming to put this soul at rest.

Plus there is a little more female skin.

Thanks Bruce! We saw his first coffin scene, which I thought was much better executed than the one with Bela. I'll have to give the full movie a watch some time.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

haven't read anything in this thread yet, but:

came here to say that the only good horror I've watched recently was Babadook ("has anyone by any chance seen it and blah blah blah") and the first two things I see are: 1) there is a user Babadook 2) my nearest and dearest has Babadook as her avatar

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've watched The Babadook like five times! It's a gem.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

I rented the Babadook and watched it this week. I very much enjoyed it. In clicking around the internet I came across a couple of theories that intrigued me. I've since purchased the DVD (come on Amazon!) and will watch it again shortly. Not sure if there is a commentary track, but I'll be looking a the film with a somewhat different frame of mind this time.

Oh, and welcome back, Jean!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

has there been any discussion about it here? has someone posted a review or something?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    haven't read anything in this thread yet, but:

came here to say that the only good horror I've watched recently was Babadook ("has anyone by any chance seen it and blah blah blah") and the first two things I see are: 1) there is a user Babadook 2) my nearest and dearest has Babadook as her avatar

welcome back Jean

Yes, I loved the movie. One of my favorites from this past year, and one of the best horror films I've seen in quite some time. Another good recent horror film you should check out Jean is It Follows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast