Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol, Fast & Furious 7! I'm right there with you on that (And I did see it, unfortunately).
    Sorry to hear that you couldn't get into Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. I understand your points about some older films, but to me, that usually just adds to the charm! Similarly, I had trouble getting through Shock Waves recently myself.
    Speaking of charm, I just watched Zombeavers last night, which I thought was hilarious in an Evil Dead II sort of way. But that could've just been the alcohol...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Here's a short list of some of the sickest horror films I've seen, some are not even that good or are actually bad films but the audacity and sadism within them lands them on the list, incomplete so far because I am still trying to think of more.

A Serbian Film
    Grotesque
    Flowers of Flesh and Blood
    Tumbling Doll of Flesh
    Imprint
    Audition
    Visitor Q (this is what goes for a comedy from Miike)
    Ichi the Killer
    Martyrs
    Inside
    Cutting Moments
    Taxidermia (technically not really a horror film but it fits in nicely with these others)
    August Underground
    August Underground Mordum
    August Underground Penance
    Cannibal Holocaust
    Melancholie der Engel
    Cannibal (2006)
    Debris Documentar
    Naked Blood
    Nine Inch Nails' The Broken Movie
    Tokyo Gore Police
    Frontier(S)
    Nekromantik
    Nekromantik 2
    Schramm:Into the Mind of a Serial Killer
    The Untold Story
    Aftermath
    The Human Centipede I (First Sequence)
    The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence)
    The Butcher (2007)
    Begotten
    Salo
    I Spit on Your Grave (2010)
    In a Glass Cage
    The Bunny Game
    The Poughkeepsie Tapes
    Irreversible
    The Last House on the Left (original)
    In my Skin
    Murder-Set Pieces
    Antichrist
    Men Behind the Sun
    Thriller
    Maniac (remake and the original)
    Where the Dead Go to Die
    Ebola Syndrome
    Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

If I had to pick the best of the best (or is it worst of the worst?)...

A Serbian Film

Melancholie der Engel, Debris Documentar, Cannibal (all by the same German director who is also a surgeon so his gore looks 100% legit)

August Underground Mordum

Always on the lookout for more so suggestions are welcome!

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Battle Royale? Or is it considered passé at this point? I remember not all that long ago, this was only available through bootlegs or imports.

Thriller (the Swedish film, not the MJ one)

I Spit On Your Grave (I found the original more harrowing than Last House On The Left)

Men Behind The Sun

Maniac

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Battle Royale? Or is it considered passé at this point? I remember not all that long ago, this was only available through bootlegs or imports.

Thriller (the Swedish film, not the MJ one)

I Spit On Your Grave (I found the original more harrowing than Last House On The Left)

Men Behind The Sun

Maniac
    I liked Battle Royale but yeah, I don't think it is as shocking as it once was. I had heard so much about it that when I finally saw it I was expecting just the craziest movie ever. It was good but there is sicker out there. Thriller is indeed a sick movie, especially since a real corpse was used for the eye gouging scene and all that unsimulated sex. I thought I had put Men Behind the Sun on there but guess not. The Maniac remake is exceptional. I'll add these to the list

Men Behind the Sun
    Thriller
    Maniac (remake and the original)
    Where the Dead Go to Die
    Ebola Syndrome
    Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't consider Irreversible a horror film at all. I would add Funny Games to that list of sadistic films. Most sadistic film I've ever seen is The Tenant.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

I felt like Funny Games was a slap in the face to horror fans. It seemed like to me he was judging horror fans for loving horror and saying here you bunch of sickos, you like horror so much here's something for you to choke on. Keep in mind I am a huge Haneke fan but that one (original) really rubbed me the wrong way. On top of all that, I thought the movie was boring.

I can see how someone would not think Irreversible is a horror film. But with an extremely gory murder and a soul-crushingly long and excruciatingly realistic rape scene, I'm not sure where else to put it.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Lol, Fast & Furious 7! I'm right there with you on that (And I did see it, unfortunately).
    Sorry to hear that you couldn't get into Let Sleeping Corpses Lie. I understand your points about some older films, but to me, that usually just adds to the charm! Similarly, I had trouble getting through Shock Waves recently myself.
    Speaking of charm, I just watched Zombeavers last night, which I thought was hilarious in an Evil Dead II sort of way. But that could've just been the alcohol...
    I'm not saying it was an awful movie, it just wasn't for me. I loved the scenery and the old home type atmosphere. As for Zombie Beavers.....I can't dignify seeing it lol. Nazi zombies.....no thanks lol
    Remember "White Noise" with Keaton? Not stellar but not bad. There was a sequel with Nathan Fillion......not bad actually if you liked the first one.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I felt like Funny Games was a slap in the face to horror fans. It seemed like to me he was judging horror fans for loving horror and saying here you bunch of sickos, you like horror so much here's something for you to choke on. Keep in mind I am a huge Haneke fan but that one (original) really rubbed me the wrong way. On top of all that, I thought the movie was boring.

I can see how someone would not think Irreversible is a horror film. But with an extremely gory murder and a soul-crushingly long and excruciatingly realistic rape scene, I'm not sure where else to put it.
    Irreversible was brutal in that regard. I'm seeing a drama thriller for the genre. I guess?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

"I Spit on Your Grave is a cult sadist classic. The rape is roughly 45 minutes long.....pretty nuts. They made a remake; why? It was terrible. They recently had a part 2. Kind of brutal. It wasn't that bad of a movie. I feel it would have been better titled something else and not a sequel.

My Mood
    Confused

@Tommy. You are in for a treat with Human Centipede 3 lol. I hated it like the others, but you will get some bad acting and some brutal graphic scenes.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Both the original Last House on the Left and I Spit On Your Grave were much more disturbing than their remakes. Both of the original versions of said flicks focused on the graphic and disturbing nature of the rape and torture of the heroines of the films, where as the remakes are focused more on the brutality of the revenge, thus losing much of the impact.

Not really a fan of I Spit On Your Grave, as 40 minutes of rape is a bit too much for me. However I do find Last House on the Left to be a rewarding viewing. It makes my stomach turn, but it at least had something more to it than simply rape and revenge. And on that note, the best version of it isn't even Craven's nor the remake, but Ingmar Bergman's Wild Strawberries.

Funny Games was pretty decent. I didn't love or hate it. Slow and intense, original in execution, but simply a novelty to me.

Both versions of Maniac rock, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer rocks, as does Martyrs.

White Noise was OK, but not exactly my thing.

Human Centipede was entertaining enough. Sort of good in a bad way.

Battle Royale was great!.. while I was in high school. Lost some of it's charm now.

Shock Waves was decent, but not flawless. Worth a watch.

I still need to see the Toe Tag flicks; August Underground and Red Sin Tower. Not easy to find for a reasonable price these days. Also still gotta check out Nekromantik.

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    "I Spit on Your Grave is a cult sadist classic. The rape is roughly 45 minutes long.....pretty nuts. They made a remake; why? It was terrible. They recently had a part 2. Kind of brutal. It wasn't that bad of a movie. I feel it would have been better titled something else and not a sequel.
    I prefer the remake and the sequel was surprisingly not that bad.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I to preferred the remake of I Spit on Your Grave, not by much though. Both are passable films, but not favourites of mine. Still gotta see the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    @Tommy. You are in for a treat with Human Centipede 3 lol. I hated it like the others, but you will get some bad acting and some brutal graphic scenes.
    I've flipped through it a bit and it does look like the worst one of the three. Hopefully I will get some time to watch it properly.

Part 2 is just so wrong. It played in theaters for one day and my friends and I caught it. Here's some pics of my poster getting signed at the Mad Monster Party a few years back (that's not me holding the poster in the pic but a friend who came and helped me).

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Both the original Last House on the Left and I Spit On Your Grave were much more disturbing than their remakes. Both of the original versions of said flicks focused on the graphic and disturbing nature of the rape and torture of the heroines of the films, where as the remakes are focused more on the brutality of the revenge, thus losing much of the impact.

Not really a fan of I Spit On Your Grave, as 40 minutes of rape is a bit too much for me. However I do find Last House on the Left to be a rewarding viewing. It makes my stomach turn, but it at least had something more to it than simply rape and revenge. And on that note, the best version of it isn't even Craven's nor the remake, but Ingmar Bergman's Wild Strawberries.

Funny Games was pretty decent. I didn't love or hate it. Slow and intense, original in execution, but simply a novelty to me.

Both versions of Maniac rock, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer rocks, as does Martyrs.

White Noise was OK, but not exactly my thing.

Human Centipede was entertaining enough. Sort of good in a bad way.

Battle Royale was great!.. while I was in high school. Lost some of it's charm now.

Shock Waves was decent, but not flawless. Worth a watch.

I still need to see the Toe Tag flicks; August Underground and Red Sin Tower. Not easy to find for a reasonable price these days. Also still gotta check out Nekromantik.
    I think maybe you mean Virgin Spring and not Wild Strawberries?

August Underground Mordum might just be the sickest American film I've seen. It is not fun to watch and some of the images will never leave your mind. I saw it once years back and I can still remember every vile thing that happens in it.

If you watch Nekromantik, you HAVE to watch part 2. One of the greatest love stories ever told on film.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post

It was Virgin Spring.
    Nekromantik, while not great, is still worth seeking out. It certainly leaves an impression!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoops, my bad! It's why I shouldn't post before drinking my morning coffee. That's rectified now though.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

allasorte have you seen Eskalofrío?

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Megan is Missing really struck a lasting chord in my memory. I can't unsee the last 15 mins of that movie.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^Never even heard of it. Newer flick?

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    allasorte have you seen Eskalofrío?
    I have not, but I will look into it.
    Everyone is mentioning movies I have tentatively not seen. Am I going to have nightmares? I still have some of Reagan as I am astral and she is on a bed. I am pulled into the room and she is looking at the wall. When I am close enough, not by choice, she turns her head 180 and looks directly at me. Though I am astral she still sees me. I need help

My Mood
    Confused

Totally off note. I have spent too much time looking so I have stopped, therefore, I will ask instead. Is there a link on this site for dark poetry? Yes I know writers will joke poetry is for people who can't write, but I do like it. I haven't written any in years, but figured being a King site, a fiction site, wouldn't there be a link for that???

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I tried to watch Lovely Molly, I think a few people here recommended it awhile back, and I couldn't make it through it. I gave up halfway thru and fast forwarded to the end to see what happened I think I'm just growing tired of the handheld camera stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So I tried to watch Lovely Molly, I think a few people here recommended it awhile back, and I couldn't make it through it. I gave up halfway thru and fast forwarded to the end to see what happened I think I'm just growing tired of the handheld camera stuff.
    I couldn't get into that one either Heather

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast