Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
    Let the right one in. I just saw it and was literally speechless. just a simply magnificently done movie.

Isn;'t it just, as soons as the titles begin and you see the gently falling snow movew across the screen you know it will be special.

Do you have a favourite bit?

The end where Eli kills the bullies in the pool then they are on the train and she taps the word kiss in morse code.
    If you love me then love me..

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Oh man, you guys are going to love this :

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/05/c...we-are-som.php

You are right!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

have just watched Human Centipede

Very mediocre, can't see what the fuss was about. There's really, really nothing to see there. You never see more than you already know from the synopsis; I mean, if you know what it is about you don't even have to watch. Very dumb, pointless, and, worst of all, boring.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... I killed the thread...

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Actually Jean, I think it's more of a case that atm there seems very little to talk about when it comes to horror: the Human Centipede seems to be showing at very few cinemas, if it's being shown at all now, and the only other recent horror I can think of is the remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Which, for a remake, wasn't too bad. I think the only real problem I had with it was
    Spoiler:
    that there were too many deaths by stabbing - there wasn't anything nearly as freaky as Johnny Depp getting sucked down a bed and turned to mush like in the original! So no real moments of something that would only happen in a nightmare in the remake, but I did like how Freddy's backstory was expanded. Although, when I heard he was a gardener, I couldn't resist saying to my mate, "Pleasure to rake your acquaintance!" in a bad Scottish accent!

Also saw Paranormal Activity on dvd. Fucking hell, now that was a scary film! Wonderfully basic, kept its scares simple, and never went over the top. Fantastic!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Default The Human Centipede

Jean! I didn't even see the thread has moved.

Re: The Human Centipede:
    Here there be spoilers, sort of...
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ... I killed the thread...
    I was waiting for you to return so that we can discuss Who Can Kill a Child?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Also saw Paranormal Activity on dvd. Fucking hell, now that was a scary film! Wonderfully basic, kept its scares simple, and never went over the top. Fantastic!
    Wasn't it! I loved that one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Nobody?

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I spent the weekend watching [REC] and [REC]2.

[REC] is the Spanish movie that Quarentine was based off of (the directors of the remake were EXTREMELY true to the original.)

The sequel came out not long ago and I managed to get a copy....OMFG...seriously....

Spoiler:
    What they did (it was the original directors and writers that did the sequel) was take us into the same building, moments after the end of the original with a new set of people. One of them is supposed to be someone from the CDC, ends up being a priest... the 'contagion' isn't super rabies, it is in fact the blood of a possessed little girl and if the blood or saliva of the infected touch you, then you become possessed as well....yea.. um...wtf? LOL I laughed so hard when they gave that explination that I'm pretty sure my neighbors thought that I was having a seziure.

Banned demorgan is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by disel24 View Post

[REC] is the Spanish movie that Quarentine was based off of (the directors of the remake were EXTREMELY true to the original.)

The sequel came out not long ago and I managed to get a copy....OMFG...seriously....

What they did (it was the original directors and writers that did the sequel) was take us into the same building, moments after the end of the original with a new set of people. One of them is supposed to be someone from the CDC, ends up being a priest... the 'contagion' isn't super rabies, it is in fact the blood of a possessed little girl and if the blood or saliva of the infected touch you, then you become possessed as well....yea.. um...wtf? LOL I laughed so hard when they gave that explination that I'm pretty sure my neighbors thought that I was having a seziure.
    Next time put SPOILER or something to warn people.

Country
    Country Flag

Woofer: enjoyed your review, agree with everything, only don't understand how you could watch it twice? it's boooooooring.......

(will watch the sequel, though, for the same reasons as the ones you mention)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post

I agree entirely and couldn't have said it better. It's sort of like once you get past whatever shock value it has everything else is just fluff. The premise in the right hands though does have potential.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by demorgan View Post

Next time put SPOILER or something to warn people.
    Spoilers put up. I apologize

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by disel24 View Post

Spoiler:
    Oooh! I LOVED [REC]! I saw Quarantine in theaters a few years ago and when I found out it was an American remake of a Spanish film, I looked up the original. LOVED it even more. I found the explanation to what was going on a little more exciting in the Spanish version. I haven't seen the sequel yet, but am looking forward to it. The foreign language sequel is apparently being released (limited, I assume) to US theaters this July! Also, I heard news that a Quarantine sequel is in the works, but it won't be a shot-for-shot remake of [REC]2 -- it's going to have an original storyline that will (from what I've read) take place at an airport. I'm looking forward to both these movies.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Woofer: enjoyed your review, agree with everything, only don't understand how you could watch it twice? it's boooooooring.......

(will watch the sequel, though, for the same reasons as the ones you mention)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

I agree entirely and couldn't have said it better. It's sort of like once you get past whatever shock value it has everything else is just fluff. The premise in the right hands though does have potential.
    Well, the first watch was just absorption. The second was to look more at the cinematography, costuming, locations, etc. without watching the movie per se. The third watch will, again, be for pure "entertainment" but I don't see my initial perceptions changing, e.g., I don't think I'm going to like it as much as I like the idea of it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

My first watching of any movie is purely for entertainment. Subsequent watches are for that other stuff...oh, and when possible furthur entertainment.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Worried

LOL! Well of course, but I was planning on writing a review. I don't think it merits much longer than I already wrote, though. I figure that it's worth a shot to see if I can get some freelance writing work reviewing horror again. Deja vu.

My Mood
    Worried

Tattoo of The Human Centipede Diagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Savvy is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tattoo of The Human Centipede Diagram
    This is sick.....

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey All - Has anyone seen a horror film called "May" starring Jeremy Sisto?

Thoughts?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post

Thoughts?
    May is awesome. Go rent it right now. Srsly. Why are you still reading posts?

In fact, I need to watch that again tonight. Long time.

ETA: I'd loan you my copy via mail, but no postage.

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts?
    I have also seen this one - it's a quality film, nicely done.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Thoughts?
    May is awesome. Go rent it right now. Srsly. Why are you still reading posts?

In fact, I need to watch that again tonight. Long time.

ETA: I'd loan you my copy via mail, but no postage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post

Thoughts?
    I have also seen this one - it's a quality film, nicely done.

Oh, cool. I knew you all would know about it. It's on Logo this month, so I'll probably catch it there!

Thanks for the reco !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Worried

Uzumaki trailer?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast