Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Heather, did you see Devil Times Five? Really very nice, not exactly a masterpiece of moviemaking or storytelling, but the kid actors are splendid, and altogether it is definitely a must for everyone who appreciates the 70s horrors
    No I haven't. I just looked it up and it sounds really good. I'll have to see if I can track it down somewhere. Thanks!

What about those Rob Zombie films? Have you been able to watch them yet?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hopefully, tonight or tomorrow night! I've begun to watch lots of horrors again, not that in such weather I can't do anything else

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

in the meantime, how about our Top Ten Horror Movies? Mine are (in the order specified):

1. El orfanato
    2. The Dark
    3. Who Can Kill a Child
    4. The Others
    5. Escalofrio
    6. No-Do
    7. Frailty
    8. Joshua
    9. Sublime
    10, American Gothic

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Shining
    2. Frailty
    3. The Thing
    4. 28 Days Later
    5. The Orphanage
    6. The Last Exorcism
    7. The Mist
    8. The Descent
    9. Saw
    10. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

wonderful! thank you Mattrick. We have two films in common; but of course the lists can be reviewed as the experience grows.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh El Orfanato is The Orphanage, right? I want to see it again so bad. I remember loving the twist (or anti-twist) to the movie. It resounded with me greatly.

I've been pretty jaded when it comes to horrors lately. Even The Last Exorcism I had NO interest in seeing. I was like 'oh god, not another exorcism movie' but it dared to be different.

Frailty is a great movie...can't remember if I recommended that to you or not. I know I was one of the fortunate ones to see it in theatres

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

This is so hard to narrow down, but here's a few of my favorites.

1. The Shining
    2. House of 1000 Corpses
    3. 28 Days Later
    4. Ils
    5. Scream
    6. Paranormal Activity
    7. Halloween
    8. The Others
    9. Frailty
    10. Evil Dead

I started an honorable mention category, but it was getting a little long
    Jean I'm glad to see some films up there that I recommended. And I'll definitely be checking out the other ones you listed that I have yet to see.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot about the Evil Dead! I've seen that movie a good 20 times.

I thought Paranormal Activity was one of the biggest letdowns in my personal history of cinema. It didn't scare me, intrigue me or even entertain me. I was just hoping it would end with Gallagher coming out and smashing a watermelon so I could clap and walk away.

It seems to be a love it or hate it one. To me, it was hands down one of the scariest films I've ever seen. I've only seen it the once, and I don't know how that'll hold up on a second viewing, but I was seriously creeped out for days after. I don't scare easily, so for me that was a huge surprise and I loved it.

Have you seen Drag Me to Hell? It had an old school Evil Dead feel to it. I wish they would make some more recent horrors like this.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah drag me to hell was pretty good. Classic Raimi gross out.

I think what killed Paranormal Activity was the time lapse. It fast forwards through from 11:00 PM to 3:23: am then just stops. And I'm like, 'oh, is something spooky going to happen?' And the door moves. I've seen creepier stuff than that when my house was haunted for awhile. I can see why it would scare some people if they've never been exposed to that sort of activity before. But I've seen it with my own two eyes.

Oh do tell...

Country
    Country Flag

have just watched Insidious. Although the stupid c**t who was playing mother did everything to ruin it for me (expressed all emotions with a sorrowful pout and mouth half-open), the ghostbuster crew saved it for me... and then I was really, truly, genuinely scared. Still am.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm waiting till I get up with my horror movie buddy before watching Insidious. The last one we watched that really freaked us out was The Last Exorcism. She damn near twisted my arm off watching it LOL. I'm hoping Incidious is the same.
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Country
    Country Flag

no, they are very different. TLE is, in my opinion, a near-masterpiece, while Insidious is not, from any point of view - nothing special about plot or acting, let alone directing; but a few moments in Insidious are very scary. I mean, very. But the notion of scary varies from person to person (or bear), so it might not seem as scary to you.

But it is interesting that you, whom I haven't seen in ages, appeared exactly after I posted a lengthy review of TLE, and your first words were about that film. Hmmm....

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info. I'll have to go back and read that post. I'm with you on TLE. That movie really got to me. One of my friends sons turned to me after watching it and said "Lance don't you ever bring that movie back into my house" LMFAO!

Country
    Country Flag

the main TLE discussion is currently taking place on the last and the last but one pages of Rate The Last Movie You Saw

and welcome back Lance!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

my fave horror movies in no particular order

The Exorcist
    Paranormal Activity
    Exorcism of Emily Rose
    Poltergeist
    Nightmare on Elm Street (Robert England version)
    Night of the Living Dead
    The Howling
    American Werewolf in London
    The Hunt
    Day of the Dead (Ving Rhames)

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Country
    Country Flag

bears are happy to see The Exorcist at the top of your list... never considered it a horror movie, not really, but it is great to see it loved! did you read the book?

Country
    Country Flag

I loved Emily Rose but I've always thought of it as a half horror/half courtroom drama movie.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears are happy to see The Exorcist at the top of your list... never considered it a horror movie, not really, but it is great to see it loved! did you read the book?
    Thanks Jean
    Unfortunately did not read the book. did not know there was one...will have to look for it now.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, yes!

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My list is a little strange

1. Nightmare On Elm Street
    2. Friday the 13th Part IV
    3. Evil Dead 2
    4. Scream
    5. Halloween H2O
    6. Saw
    7. Frailty
    8. Dawn of the Dead 2004
    9. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Remake)
    10. Let Me In
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean found the book and going to start it this weekend.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Jean found the book and going to start it this weekend.
    We lived in Taipei, Taiwan when the movie came out and my parents went and my sis and I had to stay at home, I was 12 or 13 at the time. No problem, I biked about 5 miles through Taipei to a book store that had american books and found it there. Scared be half to death, 10x better than the movie that I finally got to see years later.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

yes, the book is fantastic!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast