Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was pleasantly surprised by the new Child's Play also. I really enjoyed it. Then I went back and finally watched Curse of Chucky. It was so much better than it had any right to be. Lean, mean, and really, really good.

I liked Crawl more than you, though I felt the same thing about all the alligators. Going in, I thought it would just be one. Having many of them upped the stakes, but it also seemed a bit of a stretch, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by the new Child's Play also. I really enjoyed it. Then I went back and finally watched Curse of Chucky. It was so much better than it had any right to be. Lean, mean, and really, really good.

I liked Crawl more than you, though I felt the same thing about all the alligators. Going in, I thought it would just be one. Having many of them upped the stakes, but it also seemed a bit of a stretch, too.
    I thought Crawl would have been one, then maybe two like Lake Placid, not a horde of giants.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Curse and Cult of Chucky get a lot of flack for being "direct to video", but they're some of the stronger entries in the franchise imo. I'm curious to see what direction the show goes. Luckily the creator is attached

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen Cult of Chucky yet but I'm looking forward to it, especially since it continues Nica's story
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Wounds on Hulu. I enjoyed the characters and the story. About a bartender that gets a hold of a girl's cellphone after a bar fight and odd things start to happen. However, I disliked the ending and that drops the movie for me. 6/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

Ready or Not. Off the top of my head it is reminiscent of several resent moves where you have a "guests" or new people around and there is a murderous intent. The actors were unique and not all similar. The acting was well done, and it was an amusement throughout the film. 7/10

My Mood
    Confused

Doctor Sleep. I never understood why the The Shining needed a sequel and I had no interest in reading the book. Unluckily I watched the movie. It was a complete bore for 1.5 hours of it. I actually fell asleep and ironically the movie title was perfect for what I needed; sleep. After the 1.5 hours of nothing truly happening, the story picked up. This is when it got a tad entertaining. I will say going back to the Overlook Hotel was pretty neat, but it didn't save this unmemorable movie. 3/10 or 2/5.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw The Conjuring last week. I really liked it a lot. I appreciated the almost documentary approach, and that the couple enlisted to help were seen as religious (or at least spiritual) and sincere about it. The movie did not portray them as wackos. And, in the end, the family was freed from the demonic bondage. No last-minute scene of the youngest daughter with glowing eyes or whatever.

4.5 stars

I might make an effort to watch further movies in this series.

Country
    Country Flag

I liked The Conjuring 2 WAY better than I liked the first. The first was a little cliched and familiar for me, but Vera and Patrick as Ed and Lorraine completely make the movie(s).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Interesting. I really loved the first movie, but for some reason I couldn't get into the second one. Maybe I should give it another shot sometime. I do agree that Vera and Patrick are great in those roles though. Just saw that the third one will be released next fall.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Confused

I liked The Conjuring 2 WAY better than I liked the first. The first was a little cliched and familiar for me, but Vera and Patrick as Ed and Lorraine completely make the movie(s).
    I loved one a tad more then two. I'm waiting for part three .

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I loved one a tad more then two. I'm waiting for part three .
    How do you feel about the supposed inclusion of
    Spoiler:
    werewolves?

Funny enough, they've been wanting to do it for a couple years now

My Mood
    Confused

Countdown
    Had Elizabeth Lail from "You" as the star. About an app you download that shows the time of when you will die. Not bad, not great, but a descent watch. 3/5
    Last edited by allasorte; 04-10-2020 at 02:39 PM.

My Mood
    Confused

The Turning
    A very boring and dull time piece with predictable jump scares and no likable characters. I am disappointed I saw this. 2/5

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you like the old TV Mini-series of The Shining, IT and Salem's Lot Amazon has a deal for all 3 in 1 DVD for $14.99 here:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

don't remember if I already said it, but anyway: I found Midsommar totally awesome and have by now watched it three times. I think it will make my top 30 horror films

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    don't remember if I already said it, but anyway: I found Midsommar totally awesome and have by now watched it three times. I think it will make my top 30 horror films
    What did you think of Hereditary, Jean?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Midsommar was my favorite film of 2019, glad you liked it brother bear!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Midsommar was my favorite film of 2019, glad you liked it brother bear!
    Midsommar was interesting but so, so very disturbing..

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Before everything got cancelled, I went to a Horror Convention and a girl was walking around in the flower dress from the end of the movie. It was so funny.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Midsommar was interesting but so, so very disturbing..
    yep, that's the whole point!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    What did you think of Hereditary, Jean?
    I was engrossed and loved every minute of it till (approximately) last one-fifth (sixth?) started, when everything rapidly deteriorated and slipped into average. That's why my first review here was along the lines of "...was underwhelmed", which surprised Heather Thus, I watched it again (because Heather just can't be wrong about movies), and my first opinion was confirmed: it was awesome, original, creepy and immensely entertaining before the denouement started unrolling.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw this in the PS Publishing latest newsletter. Thought it may be of interest here. Top Ten Monster Books and Movies by author Paul Kane:

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/blog/2...erm=2020-04-17

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So glad you gave it another chance Jean I do agree about the ending not being strong, but the rest of the film was pure tension and insanely creepy. I wish more horror films these days would take a cue from this one and Haunting of Hill House on how to make a truely terrifying haunting film.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So glad you gave it another chance Jean I do agree about the ending not being strong, but the rest of the film was pure tension and insanely creepy. I wish more horror films these days would take a cue from this one and Haunting of Hill House on how to make a truely terrifying haunting film.
    yes, you see - you've already helped me at least twice. Hereditary was an example of how bears foolishly let a part eclipse the whole; on re-watch I was able to at last enjoy the tremendously awesome body of the film already knowing that the ending would be a letdown and not giving a damn. Another example is, of course, In the Mouth of Madness, where I just can't understand, let alone define, what happened to my perception on the first viewing. The film is a) flawless, b) screamingly original c) fully entertaining d) scary e) beautifully shot. And in my top - probably 10 (don't know, haven't revised my horrors for some time; should do)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast