Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1916

Thread: Horror films

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's been on my list since it was recommended to me over the summer, but I haven't gotten inspired to watch it yet.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a well made film, just don't go in expecting an outright horror film. It's more like a mystery with horror elements, if that makes sense.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Sounds interesting. Just added it to my list.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's been on my list too. Guess I need to get to watching it!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Watched the Korean film The Wailing last night. A tad too long and occasionally too all over the place tone wise, but those moments of dread throughout really stick with you and those final 20 minutes are magisterial.
    Have you seen Train to Busan yet?

I had no interest in Happy Death Day when it was released a few years back, but people kept telling me it was fun and enjoyable in the same sense as the Final Destination series, which has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I caught the original film On Demand recently and I agree, it's a very fun film. I think the Groundhog Day-like plot mechanic works perfectly for a horror film (more on that in a second) and the film is carried by Blake Lively clone Jessica Rothe. Since I enjoyed the first film so much, I thought I'd give the second film a shot in theaters and I'm glad I did. It's not as good as the first film and becomes somewhat convoluted, but it also has a lot more heart than the first film, which caught me off guard. I honestly would love to see a few more of these, but I'm not sure if I would be quite as interested if Jessica Rothe isn't the lead character.

Anyway, my question is - Do you consider Happy Death Day a horror film? I know that's how both films have been marketed, but I would argue there is just as much comedy as horror in both films.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not usually a fan of the "found footage" genre but I really enjoyed "Char Man" playing on Amazon Prime. Some guys making a documentary stumble on the legend. A bit Paranormal Activity meets The Strangers. Lots of humor and the amateur quality of the film gives it an element of believability and dread. Much better than I expected.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Pet Sematary. Wasn't memorable. Nothing truly worth mentioning. I especially didn't like the last sequence that strayed from the book. A disappointment to me. 4/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I'm not usually a fan of the "found footage" genre but I really enjoyed "Char Man" playing on Amazon Prime. Some guys making a documentary stumble on the legend. A bit Paranormal Activity meets The Strangers. Lots of humor and the amateur quality of the film gives it an element of believability and dread. Much better than I expected.
    I thought it was just okay. The douchey guy with the hat and beard made it nearly unwatchable for me.

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i do want to see the new Pet Sematary film but not as much as i used to, i know how it ends though and i really detest that ending since it strayed so far from King's work and not just that but what he was trying to say when he write that book and why he wrote it too

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, that was my main issue with the new movie. They completely missed the message that King was saying with the book and turned it into a generic horror film. Maybe if you go in that way, you'll appreciate it a bit?

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

exactly. that has been done to death in horror films i think too, why for fuck's sake can't these people who remake his films these days actually follow the book? it doesn't have to be word for word at all that's not what i'm saying, but they changed the ending to IT and for some shit that's fine but the important shit they made up. Pet Sematary is another example too..

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched the Nun. Predictable and nothing great
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Just watched the Nun. Predictable and nothing great
    I didn't like it either. I loved the dark overtones and the atmosphere. I loved the old country area feel. The acting was bad, and the nun always screaming was just so stupid. It made money though so I am sure we will get probably like 8 more spinoffs and sequels. So yeah!?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree on that I did love the old Romania horror movie and creepy castle feel. They just relied on jump scares for everything and little story, a story that has been done so many times.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

there are some newer horror films i give you that but i love i think 60's and 70's horror best, they seemed to have the best writing depending of the film and if it's a gore film they actually were creative on what they did with their film even if the film was shit and the FX weren't always good. they tried and you can't say that with a lot of horror movies today since they rely more on CGI and jump scares. they think that what makes a horror film is to have a shit ton of jump scare and that's not it at all. i don't mind if it had 2 or 3 if they are spread out and earned but it's just a waste of money and talent if there is any there to have them all like that. horror movies don't have to be gory either or have tons of nudity if the film has a good script sometimes doing the what is in your mind can be more scary than is actually shown can work sometimes if it's done well that is

Oh I completely agree. I hate jump scares. I don't mind a handful in a film if it suits the scene, but when a horror film only relies on jump scares, I'm not a fan. It has no lasting effect, and isn't really horror in my opinion.

Hereditary is a good example of a well done effective recent horror film. It doesn't have lots of jump scares, gore, or nudity, yet it seriously terrified me. Compare that to say the recent Pet Semetary which didn't scare me in the least and was very forgettable. Goes to show that good storyline and filming techniques can make for a far scarier film.

Country
    Country Flag

i've been watching season 1 of "The Twilight Zone' and it's the Original show by the way and though it's been awhile since i last watched any episode until recently, some of those episodes have given me nightmares in fact and i'm 40. those are so well lit and filmed and written. well some of them suck ass but than you don't expect all #156 episodes to be masterpieces do you? some of those episodes should be watched by horror makers today and take lessons i think. hell the friday the 13th

films from the 80's had jump scares but really not that many per film. yet it still works if you 've never seen them before, shit there are certain episodes of Supernatural the tv show that gave me nightmares and scared the shit out of me, nothing they've done recently but the early years though. i've given this example there is an old film called Rasputin and the Emperess from (1932) and it's based off a true story. though some it i'm sure liberties were taken of course, it's not a horror film at all, but it's got all 3 of the Barrymore sibling's in it and Lionel is the heavy in it. anyways, there is a scene and this part happened in real life where the family gets taken into the basement and tortured and killed however you don't see it you hear it and you see shadow of what could be happening, you mind pictures the worst things happening and it's a truly scary ass scene.

and it works because of that i mean they couldn't show it in (1932) anyways but if they could not seeing it is i think more terrifying than seeing it when it comes to some films. though Jaws never really scared me i don't think as i wasn't around when the 1st film came out In (1975) and that film is itself yes a classic but highly overrated i think.

a lot of the reason that film works is because you don't see it coming and it relies on the camera doing the work rather than it showing it. and it i think works better that way than if it had been shown

My Mood
    Confused

Greta: More a thriller then horror. The acting wasn't bad, I felt it was very slow moving, but I did like the ending. 6/10.

Assimilate: Kind of like "The Faculty" and the main saviors are some kids which makes them comparable in both regards. I didn't mind it that much, but I love that type of living where it is a small town and this type if scenery is amazing to me. Overall not a bad movie. 6/10.

Us: I am going to be one of the few that wasn't in love with this movie. I really enjoyed the beginning and for me the father was my favorite character. I felt the movie went down hill when there were more "families or people" involved. I did like the ending. 6/10.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nothing official yet, but "sources say" that a few months from now ("after Labor Day"), they will begin shooting the sequel to last year's Halloween movie:

http://collider.com/halloween-2-rele...d-gordon-green
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Nothing official yet, but "sources say" that a few months from now ("after Labor Day"), they will begin shooting the sequel to last year's Halloween movie:

http://collider.com/halloween-2-rele...d-gordon-green
    Hopefully Gordon Green and McBride are back. If so, it should be good.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

GG is said to be but I don't know about McBride (would be strange to have one but not both).

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Also a new Paranormal Activity movie on the way:

https://deadline.com/2019/06/paranor...pe-1202634760/

I think some are sick of these, but I'm definitely not.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Also a new Paranormal Activity movie on the way:

https://deadline.com/2019/06/paranor...pe-1202634760/

I think some are sick of these, but I'm definitely not.
    I watched I think the first 2 movies and I remember not being able to tell them apart because they were basically the same movie. I spent the entire time waiting for something to happen and then in the last 5 minutes something did happen, then it was over.

I gave up on them after that.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Saw ANNABELLE GOES HOME today. By the time the 'horrors' started I was so bored I wanted to go home too.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast