Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Horror films

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Watched Trick 'r Treat last night.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Woofer, how did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I recently watched Pieces due to the rave review by Eli Roth that someone posted recently Actually I quite enjoyed it, although it's definitely not for everyone! Brice have you seen it? If not I'd recommend checking it out, I think you'd really like it.
    do you think bears might like it?
    I have a feeling it's not your type of film. It's a pretty low budget, B type horror film. And it's a slasher flick with over the top gore. Not suspenseful at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Jean have you seen Michael Heneke's Funny Games, either Austrian or American?
    I've had this on my too-see list forever now. The original one is up on netflix instant so I might watch it soon. Have you seen it, or just the American version?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw only Funny Games U.S. My friend saw both and said they are pretty much equal and shot for shot. It'll be hard to top the American version, at least for me, if only for the fact I love Naomi Watts and Tim Roth. Michael Pitt was excellent as well.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I recently watched Pieces due to the rave review by Eli Roth that someone posted recently Actually I quite enjoyed it, although it's definitely not for everyone! Brice have you seen it? If not I'd recommend checking it out, I think you'd really like it.
    I like it okay as I mentioned in this post. I liked it much less than when I first saw it when I caught it when it first went to dvd. For a LONG time it was rather difficult to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jane Hudson View Post
    Thank Pam. I'm dying to see Pieces now! I can't believe I have never even heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    Heather : if you haven't seen Ravenous (by Antonia Bird, an English director), I think I can recommend it, at least to an extent - it's not like you should drop everything and watch it, but if it comes your way, don't dismiss it as another piece of crap right away. It has some beautiful sequences, and, though worse than some Spanish ones, is still better than most American horrors I've seen. That lady who directed it sure understands something about movies.
    Actually I have seen it. But I think I saw it in the theater when it was first released, so it's been years. I barely remember anything about it. I promise to rewatch it sometime soon.
    It's good, but in my opinion it has an unwarranted status as a movie with a bit of a cult following. It is good, but not great. It's been overhyped imo. I think the reason for this is people remember it from when it first came out as being much better than it actually is. Anyone who disagrees with me should really watch it again before doing so. I was one of those who watched it when it first came out and then I looked for it again for years. When I finally found it again it was just meh...
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think I got confused and thought you were talking about Ravenous But yeah, it's not one that I would probably ever watch again, but I did find it enjoyable.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I LOVED Trick 'r Treat. It was great. I only wish I had it in time for Halloween this year.

Merry Reindeer everyone!

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

To really celebrate the holiday spirit everyone (and for fans of a certain John Carpenter classic to get a good laugh), here's one of my favourite trailers to a computer game ever:

Oh, and Woofer?

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    I think only one word is needed here:
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

As it happens, I am wathing 'The Shining" via netflix play now option....it's somewhat creepier than I remembered.
    " NO , Don't interupt me when I am working!! look out for the room 237, and those freaky litle girls too

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    As it happens, I am wathing 'The Shining" via netflix play now option....it's somewhat creepier than I remembered.
    " NO , Don't interupt me when I am working!! look out for the room 237, and those freaky litle girls too
    I assume you're watching Kubrick's version, right?

John

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Let the Right One In for the first time last week, and rewatched it with the commetaries last night.

A great film. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Don't highlight until you've seen it:
    Spoiler:
    I never picked up on the extra meaning to Eli's comment "I'm not a girl," until I heard the commentaries though! I figured she was simply referring to the fact that she is a) a vampire and thus b) much older than she looked. I'm glad they kept the hint subtle though, as this way you can interpret it how you will. Apparently, in the book it's more explicit.

John F. Kennedy CoolhandLocke is on a distinguished road CoolhandLocke's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Loved Funny Games, saw the US version but not the other one yet. Last horror movie i watched a few days ago was "In the Mouth of Madness" by John Carpenter. Anyone else seen this one, very creepy flick in my opinion...Was the third film in Carpenters "Apocalypse Trilogy", The Thing (awesome) and Prince of Darkness (not so much) were the other two. Stars Sam Neill, Jürgen Prochnow, John Glover & Charlton Heston to name a few. Trailer is below if your interested and haven't seen it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PFcOeM_Usk

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh hell the last film that "Carpenter" did that was fucking great was "The Thing" & that was almost 30 years ago! after that his films went downhill unfortunally. some were decent though, some were just well just plain bad. anyways, one series i just LOVE is the "SAW" series. i haven't seen all of

them yet. but i own most of them on either blu-ray or dvd. 2 on dvd. parts 4 & 5. the rest with the exception of the newest one part 7 on blu-ray.

John F. Kennedy CoolhandLocke is on a distinguished road CoolhandLocke's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well for Carpenter the only ones i personally liked were Halloween, Thing, Christine, Starman, Big Trouble in Little China, They Live and Mouth of Madness. That being said only the Thing & Mouth scared me, the rest i listed i "liked" but i liked them for what they were in the 80's most dont hold up well today imo except for The Thing & Christine. Only thing recent he's done i really, really liked was "Cigarette Burns" from the Masters of Horror set. That was a twisted ass little flick, had a good story that actually was original haven't really seen anything like it and the gore was nice too.

As for saw i really loooved the first & second, but to me they kind of got like the Final Destination flicks a little worse as they went on. Still not bad (I've seen them all) but they might have been better if maybe they didn't do one a year, just seems like they rushed them a bit..

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CoolhandLocke View Post
    Loved Funny Games, saw the US version but not the other one yet. Last horror movie i watched a few days ago was "In the Mouth of Madness" by John Carpenter. Anyone else seen this one, very creepy flick in my opinion...Was the third film in Carpenters "Apocalypse Trilogy", The Thing (awesome) and Prince of Darkness (not so much) were the other two. Stars Sam Neill, Jürgen Prochnow, John Glover & Charlton Heston to name a few. Trailer is below if your interested and haven't seen it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PFcOeM_Usk
    I saw it last year, on Heather's recommendation. Found it moderately enjoyable.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

actually i forgot he did "Christine" i love the book as well as the film. he stuck pretty close to the book if i'm not mistaken. & i haven't seen "Big Trouble in little china' in YEARS at least the entire film. i also forgot he did that one. so ok i loved that film growing up as well. add 2 more. & hell "Halloween" is a fucking masterpiece!

i LOVE the 2nd one as well i also find it funny as hell that he wrote the 2nd one drinking a six back of beer he bought. if i'm not mistaken. one film i loved going off topic a big that i bought when it 1st came out on dvd. is 'Disturbing Behavior' (1998) it was an early dvd buy for me. & i'm actually surprised they NEVER did a sequel for it.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears really, really liked Joshua, one of the best horrors they've recently seen. Not really sure if it is actually a horror, but something very disturbing anyway

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

On the John Carpenter films that I liked were the Halloween movies (1&2), The Thing, Vampire$, Escape from New York and Escape from L.A. I love Snake Pliskin.(sp?)

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

his LA & New York films are over-rated i think. they are both decent films. but not as good as people say they are. i think i prefer the 2nd one better actually. mayhap it maybe cause i saw that 1 first? i duno? 'Vampires" is an ok film. but it's a LOT better than it's sequel to be fair.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

They're just kitsch. The first one is at least vintage kitsch. The other one's plain dreck.

Country
    Country Flag

so, can I safely infer that you do not recommend either of them?...

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Now and then, I like a bit of vintage kitsch. If EfNY came on TV, I might re-watch a few of the Ernest Borgnine scenes, for laughs. Pretty corny, overall, though.

Now They Live, that's a fine vintage of retro B-sci-fi. Totally over the top, a laugh riot.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"They Live" is an interesting idea. even though it's neat idea & somewhat original for (1988) the acting isn't all that great. the script i think needed Tweaked before he decided to start filming it.

you know a damn good horror & scary horror film that for (1987) was an original idea the classic film. 'Remote Control" about this video tape that goes around killing people. now you may say it sounds like the film series' The Ring" & that is partly true. "The Ring" though gives you clues & it's basiaclly a ghost story.

while 'Remote Control' is about this video tape "VHS" that has this message that Aliens are trying to take over the earth. so in a way it's also prolly sounds a little bit like "They Live' i downloaded 'Remote Control" a year or so ago from a website i visit. cause i believe the film is NOW a RARE film. imangine that? i grew up on this film & it used to give me countless nightmares. it's NOT a "Charles Band" film either.

i forget who's in it to be honest. but it's NOT on dvd or blu-ray yet. i wish it was or i'd buy it. i've watched a couple times since i downloaded it. & i was very pleased that it's a film that i watch now that i'm older & i can say that it's still good. unlike some films where you love it as a kid & than watch it as an adult & you say to yourself why in the sam hell was i fan of this movie to begin with? he he.

has anyone ever seen this one?

John F. Kennedy brandnewfan is on a distinguished road

I'm watching Rose Red right now and last night I watched Sleepwalkers. I'm on a Stephen King movie fix. His original teleplays and screenplays, IMO, just aren't that good. I don't know what it is...because I can imagine enjoying these if thet were novels...but on film a lot of his ideas just seem cheesy; the dialogue, the characterization, it all just seems "off" somehow. I'm talking about the teleplays/screenplays that were written by him, not stuff scripted by others (most of which sucks too, btw, but some of it's great).

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Dang, that reminds me; I still haven't seen Sleepwalkers or Golden Years. Can you believe that? I've seen every other SK adaptation. (Well, aside from small independent films and stuff.) Rose Red was not bad. Better than Storm of the Century, IMO, though that was okay, too.
    Have you seen all of Kingdom Hospital?

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen any of those mentioned in the post above

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 77 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast