Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2465

Thread: Book Collection: Stockerlone

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

!!!WOW!!
    That's the greatest postcard I've EVER seen!

Seriously - glad they made it intact.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    !!!WOW!!
    That's the greatest postcard I've EVER seen!

Seriously - glad they made it intact.
    Thanks again Steve, I really had never seen this card before your posting in your thread.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I was just perusing another book thread, and someone has it signed by King with a message. I can't remember who it was though! My terrible memory!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Friedhof der Kuscheltiere - DVD

Nice artwork.
    Frank, did you see the movie before you bought this?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice artwork.
    Frank, did you see the movie before you bought this?
    No, i loved the original.... (still one of the scariest films i know)
    Wasn't in the cinema for the remake... but I had to buy the film.
    For me he was ..... not as bad as Children of the Corn 3

I've seen them both at the theater, and neither one is in my DVD collection, but I still know exactly what you mean.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like the art also but heard the movie was junk so still haven't seen it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Like the art also but heard the movie was junk so still haven't seen it.
    I've seen them both at the theater, and neither one is in my DVD collection, but I still know exactly what you mean.
    I only bought it because it was cheap and I just needed it for my DVD SK collection.

Frank, you are a true collector, and I salute you!

Ouch! I knew I shouldn't have taken those Karate lessons!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great adds, Frank. Cool postcards. Do you display items like these, or keep them safe and sound somewhere?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Frank, you are a true collector, and I salute you!

Ouch! I knew I shouldn't have taken those Karate lessons!
    TKS Steve !!!

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Great adds, Frank. Cool postcards. Do you display items like these, or keep them safe and sound somewhere?

Tks Antoni, i store the postcards and all other small promo items in Stephen King promo bags, which are already quite full.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

If I remember correctly, it was the world's first publication..

Stephen King - Das Institut
    German HC - Heyne

You mean, it was in stores before the US and UK hardcovers?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean, it was in stores before the US and UK hardcovers?
    If I remember correctly, it was sold in Germany
    a week before the US edition.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1164315

Son of a gun. I avoided that thread because of the spoilers everyone's always waving about, so I missed that. Now I have to decide whether I want one or not.
    Thanks, Frank.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Son of a gun. I avoided that thread because of the spoilers everyone's always waving about, so I missed that. Now I have to decide whether I want one or not.
    Thanks, Frank.
    Oh you want it, Steve. You lay awake in bed at night knowing it's the world's first and you don't have it. Nightie, Night

I debated getting a copy as well because I really like the cover. The book for "meh" for me though.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

I have to like the book because I have 15 copies of it and am planning on getting more.
    Now to search for the German hardcover.

EDIT - There are a number of them on E-Bay and Abe, but since I can not read German I can not tell if they are first printings or not, oh well.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

German HC - Heyne
    "The institute" was released in germany before the US?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post

German HC - Heyne
    "The institute" was released in germany before the US?
    Yes, 7-10 days before the US release.
    ْ

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Which brings me to something I often wondered : is the content exactly the same than the final american one, or could it be slightly different because the translator started working on a WIP manuscript?

I heard that the french version of THE SHINING is missing some chapters.
    Someone working at the archives on the french publisher told me that apparently the book was bought from the manuscript, prior to publication.
    I still need to go through Jonp notes from the CD version of the book, to try to see if the missing chapter were added after the proof /manuscript.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Which brings me to something I often wondered : is the content exactly the same than the final american one, or could it be slightly different because the translator started working on a WIP manuscript?

I heard that the french version of THE SHINING is missing some chapters.
    Someone working at the archives on the french publisher told me that apparently the book was bought from the manuscript, prior to publication.
    I still need to go through Jonp notes from the CD version of the book, to try to see if the missing chapter were added after the proof /manuscript.
    You know Jeremy, I've been thinking exactly the same thing. Especially in the case of the limited edition of ES which was sent to customers, if I remember correctly, at least a few weeks before the pub date in America.

By now I know a fair bit about the timeline of the publication process of IT with Viking, and it blows my mind that they got the translation done so quickly in Germany. They must have worked on a photocopy of the submission typescript, and perhaps received a copy of the changes King made on his set of page proofs, just in time to make those changes in a huge rush.

Or not, because Michael R. Collings writes: "The [German] translation of IT abridges the text from 1138 to 860 pages."

So crazy that the German version of IT would have been based on a draft, and heavily abridged by a translator.

I once had a Phantasia ES but I sold it, which I shouldn't have done..

Country
    Country Flag

I know that King's books are sent as a first draft manuscript to foreign publishers about a year and half prior to publication.
    The interesting question, I think, would be to know up if a newer / updated version is later sent to the publisher and up until when does King is able to makes changes... and if those modifications are sent to the publishers.

This is frustrating for foreign fans that sometimes has long delays (in the past it was up to 2 years in France) to get a new translated book, but i think that it may be better to be sure that the translators works on the released book and not a first / wip book.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

about ES EP:
    Among other things, it was released so early because the EP owner Mr.Körber was the
    official German SK translator at the time, therefore of course he had a manuscript/ARC early.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thalia bookshop promo poster

+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast