Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Diagnose Me, Dr. House!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    like i needed another reason to despise american idol
    Amen brother. You're preaching to the choir.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Gimme an "Amen!"
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

AMEN!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

hooray, a wolrd where House outranks Idol. now, let's go storm the Fox Network bldg...

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

House in my opinion is the best show on network television.
    I wish we had a Dr like him on staff where I work!

The answer is within

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I agree Alinda. I personally think that House is about the only thing worth watching. I seldom even watch it on TV bc I hate TV. I own seasons 1-3 on DVD (skipped a few meals to buy those) and catch the new ones online (Fox broadcasts them for free). With the exception of the Colbert Report, House is the only reason I even have a TV. That statement doesn't really make sense bc I don't have cable so I have to catch the Report on you tube and stuff.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure I'm that high on House's new Wilson.

Dora thinks he's great though.

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I do!! *points to avatar* I LOVE House!!!!!

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Awww, there's a new Wilson? But... but....
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm not sure I'm that high on House's new Wilson.

Dora thinks he's great though.
    I'm with you Matt. Perhaps he will grow on me with more episodes like the new team did (though I thought "13" was hot from the get-go). I'm just glad there are new episodes. There are so few current tv shows that I watch that it seems like a very long time when they are between seasons. House is by far my favorite current show.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I really love it too.

Wilson told House that he couldn't take him anymore and, of course, House was a total ass about it.

So he hired a private investigator to keep an eye on Wilson (who never even mentions House but sees everyone else from the hospital). The PI is a total ass and House has decided he likes him I think.

Not to mention, he told Wilson that he needed talk to him, no to because he cared what he had to say but because Wilson helps him figure out complicated shit when he is ignoring him.

The new guy had the same affect.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The new Wilson rocks...even his argyle socks!

I want to have 31's 13's baby!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I don't watch House for anyone but House!!! It still amazes me that he has a British accent but speaks without it on the show!

I Hugh Laurie!!!!!!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

:high five:

Same here. The only real draw is Laurie. The rest of the show and characters are drama, drama, drama. House is always just his anti-social, sarcastic self, and that's the part I love.

Also, it always sounded like Chase was the one speaking with a fake accent, not House.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    I It still amazes me that he has a British accent but speaks without it on the show!
    Ummm... it would be like an American actor putting on a British accent silly!

And ladies... if you were hetero males, you would want 31 13!

I've been trying since Tuesday night to figure out where I'd seen House's private investigator before and why I seemed to take an instant dislike to him. Last night it finally hit me. He was on Six Feet Under as
    Spoiler:
    the guy who carjacked and psychologically tortured David.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I just wanted to point out to all who watch "That 70's Show" in addition to HOUSE.

We have TWO Eric Foreman's!!!

and

Could they be one in the same?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am thinking, mayhap, not!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The new Wilson just isn't cutting it for me anymore. But it looks like, in two weeks, that Wilson will be on the show.

I completely agree Jon. The P.I. was a nice gimmick for one episode to highlight the role that Wilson played in House's life, but to have him as a recurring character is just annoying, especially if it's going to be part of some sort of competition between the two for Dr. Cuddy. This is not an NBC show so there's no need for any "will they or won't they" tension between the male and female characters.

I didn't really need to see or care about the side story with Dr. Taub and his wife either. This show works best as a mystery medical show about House trying to diagnose the patient, not about the personal lives and relationships of the characters. Their off the clock lives should be off the screen as well. If I wanted a show about the personal lives of characters who just happen to work in a hospital I'd go back to watching E.R.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    I completely agree Jon. The P.I. was a nice gimmick for one episode to highlight the role that Wilson played in House's life, but to have him as a recurring character is just annoying, especially if it's going to be part of some sort of competition between the two for Dr. Cuddy. This is not an NBC show so there's no need for any "will they or won't they" tension between the male and female characters.

I didn't really need to see or care about the side story with Dr. Taub and his wife either. This show works best as a mystery medical show about House trying to diagnose the patient, not about the personal lives and relationships of the characters. Their off the clock lives should be off the screen as well. If I wanted a show about the personal lives of characters who just happen to work in a hospital I'd go back to watching E.R.

Well put.

I hope they didn't "jump the shark."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This show works best as a mystery medical show about House trying to diagnose the patient, not about the personal lives and relationships of the characters.

I'm in the opposite camp on this one. The medical mysteries, such as they are, are usually ludicrous and House or one of his team members usually stumbles upon the answer more by luck than skill, and typically after making 36 wrong guesses.

I see the medical mysteries as the catalysts to explore the characters of the doctors and other regulars. The issue of trust between husband and wife leads naturally to Taub's situation (the only character in a long-term relationship, after all).

Though I miss Wilson's regular presence, I do think it was time the show explored why Wilson remained friends with House, the situation with Amber notwithstanding. What did he ever get out of it but grief?

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I would love to see a House episode where the disease actually ENDS UP BEING LUPUS!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    In Love

I love HOUSE for HL too, working in a hospital is enough for
    me on both scenes interpersonal & medical mystery, however
    House's warpness is the draw for me. Who by the way would
    be completely enthralled if presented with my mystery disease!!

The answer is within

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The medical mysteries, such as they are, are usually ludicrous
    Actually, in the extras on the Season One DVD, they said that they take all their scenarios from actual cases for realism's sake. I think they do a good job at a) ferreting out these oddball cases, b) coming up with various (wrong but still plausible) alternative diagnoses to use up time, and c) writing the true diagnosis into each show. Whoever their medical research/advisory team is does a great job.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast