Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Rate The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three on a scale of 5-1

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5: I loved it

88 75.86%
  • 4: It was good

19 16.38%
  • 3: Average

8 6.90%
  • 2: Only so-so

1 0.86%
  • 1: I didn't like it

0 0%
  • Never Read

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bracket #5: The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three (1987)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #5: The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three (1987)

The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three, 1984

Please vote for The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three using the following scale:

5: I loved it
    4: It was good
    3: Average
    2: Only so-so
    1: I didn't like it

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Please base your vote only on this book's own merits, not how it fits into the series as a whole.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Possibly my least favourite of all the DT books.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Tito I had to laugh because ...

... this is probably my favorite of all the DT books!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Possibly my least favourite of all the DT books.
    Wow. No offense, but... this is, to me, one of King's best novels, period, Dark Tower or not.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I no im sorry i just strugled to read bits of it, i thought it was a good book but only a 4 for me.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

This one is my favorite of the series. A definite 5.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

5++++++++++++++++++

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kronz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The last time I read it, I would say I got at least 4.95/5.00 enjoyment, but I remember thinking it went nowhere the first time I read it. Each time I read it, I like it more. On my next run through it, it may be five after all. It must be pretty good since I have read it four or five times anyway.

Country
    Country Flag

To remind, this book finished at #2 overall in the 2009 Constant Reader Awards

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    To remind, this book finished at #2 overall in the 2009 Constant Reader Awards

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A 5 from me. Cool characters who don't get along at all (at first), gangsters, more bizzare western/fantasy, and awesome action. What more could an allround geek like me wish for? Definitely my fav out of all 7.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

4 from me. 10 years ago it would probably have been a 3. But I do think the book improves upon a second reading, after finishing the series. To me the series really picks up in the 3rd book, once you get more familiar with the characters, and Roland's world "that has moved on" becomes more defined and interesting. The Drawing of the Three is pretty limited in scope and you don't get to see too much of Roland's world, but we do get introduced to the characters (Ka-tet) that will mean so much to the series. This is a worthy bridge.

Gunslinger Apprentice High_Desert_Gunslinger is on a distinguished road High_Desert_Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A 5 for me as well. How can you not love the book that shows the formation of the ka-tet for the first time? You really see how Eddie & Susannah's past shapes who they are and will become in Roland's world. I will admit that the first time I read it I was a little skeptical about it but rereading it made me love it even more.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Although this is not my favorite DT book, it is one of three which are deserving of a 5.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Heath is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Heath's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

fav book in the series

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of King's weakest efforts, I gave it a 2 just because I finished it.

Not really, I gave it a five.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the first dozen or so times I read it it was merely phenomenal. It has only gotten better with subsequent rereads though. I gave it a 5 ...million.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

You almost had me worried for a moment there, Sam!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Along the Path of the Beam Canada is on a distinguished road Canada's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

4. It's better than the gunslinger, and one of the strongest books of all the 7, but I'm going to second that we don't see a whole lot of Roland's world in this one and while it's cool seeing the gunslinger in NYC, it gets a little tedious after a bit. Still, it introduces the best King characters I know of (Also some of the few that have never appeared or been mentioned in any king books before or since...to my knowledge. It just made them feel that much more special, that much more..."Real", I guess)

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is probably my least favorite in the Dark Tower series. I'm going to give it a 4.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised that this is anyone's least favorite of the DT series. I mean, worse than SoS, come on.
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

oh f**k, I was getting all ready to do some bearmauling!

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    I'm surprised that this is anyone's least favorite of the DT series. I mean, worse than SoS W&G, come on.
    fixed that for you

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Fight fair, Jean.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Can't. You W&G lovers are too many. Bears are sorely outnumbered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast