12 14.12%
  • 2: Only so-so

1 1.18%
  • 1: I didn't like it

0 0%
  • Never Read

13 15.29%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #5: Skeleton Crew (1985)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #5: Skeleton Crew (1985)

Skeleton Crew, 1985

Please vote for Skeleton Crew using the following scale:

5: I loved it
    4: It was good
    3: Average
    2: Only so-so
    1: I didn't like it

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite collections. "Nona", "Survivor Type", "The Raft", "The Jaunt", "The Ballad of the Flexible Bullet", and of course "The Mist"... I can just go on. Gems all!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup a fantastic collection ... 5!!!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Another 5 here! Loved it!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Ballad of the Flexible Bullet alone would have been 5+

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wavered between 4 and 5, 4 and 5, and eventually went with 4. Some GREAT stories (but not all of them); to me King's second best short-story anthology.

I'm hungry!

fornit some fornus
    Last edited by divemaster; 03-15-2010 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Hey, I didn't write that last part!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

This is my favorite collection of shorts from King. Gramma is my favorite from this one, but I also loved The Mist, The Raft, Survivor type, Ballad of the Flexible Bullet and several others.

The only stories that I just hated were the Milkman stories. uugh.
    Sloth Love Chunk

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gave this one a 4. Some hits, and one or two misses.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Along the Path of the Beam Mrs. Underwood is on a distinguished road Mrs. Underwood's Avatar

This is basically my favorite short story collection of his, so I had to give it a 5.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Skeleton Crew has earned a FAS (final average score) of 4.166666667 or 83.33%, placing 4th in this bracket. It will not be moving on to Round 2. In 2009, Skeleton Crew placed 5th (last) with a FAS of 4.000000000, so it gained 0.166666667 (+4.17%) this time.

+ Reply to Thread