• 2: Only so-so

9 9.78%
  • 1: I didn't like it

2 2.17%
  • Never Read

29 31.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bracket #4: Cycle of the Werewolf (1983)

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Silver Bullet is the film adaptation. The book's title is derived from that ill-conceived composition which I just mentioned. The movie's title is not the only thing about it which is better, although it is even more corny. Still, to those who are familiar with neither, I'd recommend reading CotW unspoiled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Kronz, you're right about the movie being worse, but it's a fun kind of worse as divemaster noted. ...
    For sure. Early SK movies are great brain-candy. Creepshow, Cat's Eye, Silver Bullet, Maximum Overdrive ...all guilty pleasures.
    Silver Bullet is the film adaptation of Cycle of the Werewolf? did not know that.

I agree with you on the SK movies. Children of the Corn was good.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it was, tho the CotC sequels slid past brain-candy territory into purecrapland.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

like pet semetary 2? heheh..

Along the Path of the Beam Mrs. Underwood is on a distinguished road Mrs. Underwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    "..Right here and right now..jack! Right here right now!" -wolf
    HEE! Just squee.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Plus, I wish Michael Whelan had done the art. ♥

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Silver Bullet is the film adaptation. The book's title is derived from that ill-conceived composition which I just mentioned. The movie's title is not the only thing about it which is better, although it is even more corny. Still, to those who are familiar with neither, I'd recommend reading CotW unspoiled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Kronz, you're right about the movie being worse, but it's a fun kind of worse as divemaster noted. ...
    For sure. Early SK movies are great brain-candy. Creepshow, Cat's Eye, Silver Bullet, Maximum Overdrive ...all guilty pleasures.
    Yes yes yes!

Cat's Eye + = (<---simulated electrocution)

I had the great pleasure of seeing Silver Bullet before I read CotW, but my bf had read it. Early in the movie, I turned to him and joked about the werewolf's identity in a whisper. I was right!

Maximum Overdrive - I just don't know where to start. Yeardley Smith was fabulous, the opening machines going crazy scenes are positively inspired, and it has classic Pat Hingle moments. Incidentally, as I was confirming spelling on Yeardley Smith's name, I ran across this little bit in the cast of Maximum Overdrive:

Glenn Randall Jr. ... Dead woman's feet in bushes (uncredited)
    Aside: I also did this with the same bf and The Sound of Music. It was my first time seeing it as an "adult", and I joked about making clothes from the curtains while Julie Andrews was singing to calm the kids.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Underwood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    "..Right here and right now..jack! Right here right now!" -wolf
    HEE! Just squee.

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE this book. I always will. This was the first book I read by myself when I was little. I chose it because it was short and had pictures (according to my mom). My mom also tells me that it took about a week to read it but I never gave up and wouldn't read anything else. I guess I was hooked to SK since I could read. I still really enjoy the story and still have the copy I read when I was little.

I gave it a 5.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Cycle of the Werewolf has earned a FAS (final average score) of 3.492063492 or 69.84%, placing 4th in this bracket. It will not be moving on to Round 2. In 2009, Cycle of the Werewolf placed 5th (last) with a FAS of 3.344827586, so it gained 0.147235906 (+4.40%) this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2