• 2: Only so-so

9 9.78%
  • 1: I didn't like it

2 2.17%
  • Never Read

29 31.52%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bracket #4: Cycle of the Werewolf (1983)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #4: Cycle of the Werewolf (1983)

Cycle of the Werewolf, 1983

Please vote for Cycle of the Werewolf using the following scale:

5: I loved it
    4: It was good
    3: Average
    2: Only so-so
    1: I didn't like it

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears have never read this...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears have never read this...
    Why not, Jean?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

haven't been able to lay their paws on it yet

maybe in Paris next April...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Am I the only 5? I loved this one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm a never read.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'd like to vote on this one, but honestly I can't remember a thing about it. It's been almost 27 years since I read it and it doesn't ring a bell!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a never read as well.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Aw come guys, it's pretty short... But I haven't read this one either Dunno why. I think I keep hoping to land an affordable copy of the original hardcover to read.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think you guys all need to go pick up a copy to read
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I concur! Heather, I loved it also. 5 from me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Along the Path of the Beam vacant lot is on a distinguished road vacant lot's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Really enjoyed this book. Been years since I read it, but it struck a core.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

4. I wish it had been stretched out for a longer novel, but right when it was starting to get really good......it was over.
    Sloth Love Chunk

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OMG!!! There are WAY too many people with no excuse whatsoever who haven't read this story. Jean has a valid excuse, but this book's ready and waiting for y'all at the local bookstore, on Amazon, or even ebay just for the taking. Y'all need to read this story, if for no other reason than because it exists.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Btw, I gave it a 5.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    OMG!!! There are WAY too many people with no excuse whatsoever who haven't read this story. Jean has a valid excuse, but this book's ready and waiting for y'all at the local bookstore, on Amazon, or even ebay just for the taking. Y'all need to read this story, if for no other reason than because it exists.
    I have it on my shelf.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

3 for me. I guess. One of the only King books I don't really remember much about specifically. Perhaps because I beleive it is the only King story in which I saw the movie FIRST, and then read the book later. If the book was super-great, I'd have remembered it more. As it is, I loved the movie. Great B-grade popcorn flick with Gary Busey totally hamming it up. Plus genuinely creepy at times.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree this is an easy one to read, as its short - probably his shortest outting ever. Just go get a paperback its an easy read.

I liked it. It's not great as some of his novels, but I liked it as a teenager and it still holds a nice place in my heart. Good stuff (voted good). Plus it's King and werewolves, come on people... lol
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice Kronz is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I feel I am in the minority of people who think this is just about as bad a novel as he's ever released. If it was tucked away as a novella in a compilation I would cut it more slack but as a stand alone I really didn't like it at all. The movie is even worse.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Kronz, you're right about the movie being worse, but it's a fun kind of worse as divemaster noted.

I'm very, very particular about my werewolf fiction, so it only gets a four.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I didn't even know about this book

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Along the Path of the Beam Mrs. Underwood is on a distinguished road Mrs. Underwood's Avatar

Aww, I'm sad to see so few people have read this one! Then again, I'm a pretty big fan of anything involving werewolves, so when I heard SK had written a little something with a werewolf center stage, I had to have it. It's worth it for the artwork alone! And yes, the story is short but no less awesome.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

The composition is ill-conceived and awkward, the scares are dull, the storyline is trite, and most of the writing is sub-par. It does have a rousing climax, but, for me, the only really redeeming quality is its contribution to SK's general mythology.
    Spoiler:
    Marty has the stuff of a gunslinger.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Underwood View Post
    Aww, I'm sad to see so few people have read this one! Then again, I'm a pretty big fan of anything involving werewolves, so when I heard SK had written a little something with a werewolf center stage, I had to have it. It's worth it for the artwork alone! And yes, the story is short but no less awesome.
    I mean, I know about Silver Bullet by Stephen King that involves werewolves, I just didn't know about Cycle of the Werewolf.

"..Right here and right now..jack! Right here right now!" -wolf

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Silver Bullet is the film adaptation. The book's title is derived from that ill-conceived composition which I just mentioned. The movie's title is not the only thing about it which is better, although it is even more corny. Still, to those who are familiar with neither, I'd recommend reading CotW unspoiled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Kronz, you're right about the movie being worse, but it's a fun kind of worse as divemaster noted. ...
    For sure. Early SK movies are great brain-candy. Creepshow, Cat's Eye, Silver Bullet, Maximum Overdrive ...all guilty pleasures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast