Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2nd Book for 2010 book club

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

1. Shardik / Richard Adams - 2 votes
      Through The Looking Glass / Lewis Carol - 4 votes
      Tales of Cthulu Mythos - HP Lovecraft - 3 votes
      Farenheit 451 / Ray Bradbury - 4 votes
      Fear and Loathing in Vegas / Thompson - 2 Votes

i will leave this up until after easter, as i have to go away.

due to the small amount of nominations, not sure if its worth a vote or if you want to just go for the winner here?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

final bump

its a shame we never got more votes, if no one else votes by tomorrow it looks like we will have to have a tie break vote

thanks to all who have voted so far

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can I please ask for a favor? It might also help solving the present dilemma without voting. Please, please, make it any other author than Carroll till I finally get back from my planned travels - which is going to happen at the end of March. Bears love Carroll and would so hate to miss the discussion!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

can do jean - i just made my first executive decision (yeah me!!)

okey dokey people

the 2nd book for the Palaver Book club is Farenheit 451

go get reading my faithful few and we shall catch up in a few weeks

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh. Uh, I thought that Jean was very much into discussing that one, as well.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had to choose, you see. I am really horribly busy at the moment. I will, hopefully, have a lot of time in summer, and I will try to catch up with the Fahrenheit discussion - but I so dearly want to be here all the time during Carroll talks!

As far as Farenheit 451 is concerned, I even have a couple of questions I would like everyone to answer, if possible, and replies to which I'll be looking forward to reading; maybe I'll even have the time to post them before I go. If I don't, however, it's just as well, because they, basically, can be reduced to this one (or rather two, because they are slightly different): why is this book considered good, and why do you personally love it. I know they sound very trivial, only this time I really truly do not understand and really truly would like to know the answers; thank you in advance. (note, also in case I won't be able to make it in time: I think it would be ok as a very short story, but for a novel it lacks - well, it lacks everything.)

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

i hope so too. the thread will stay up forever (or until it gets sent to the clearing)
    you may well be back by the time we get into the actual discussions on 451?

Country
    Country Flag

bears will post whether or not they are in time

they still hope to post in Catch 22 thread

and they will

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going to post a thread for Farenheit 451 in 2 weeks
    hope this is enough time for everyone to have read it?

i go on my hols for a week and i am taking it with me, hence not putting the thread up yet

much love to all who are getting behind the book club

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2