Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Baseball..........

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess the story starts tonight! I am not a Sox fan - most people know that - but I am an American League fan. So will I root for the Sox tonight! Just can't bring myself to it - and I have other incentive - there is a bench player on the Rockies that is local to where I live and my boys (high school varsity baseball players right now) know him personally - so I'll be rooting for the Rockies and Jeff Baker! I suspect he might not get an at bat until they get to Colorado where NL rules are in effect, but his pinch hitting stats are quite impressive - and he got the winning pinch hit that clinched a post season series for the Rockies!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I am not a Sox fan -
    This makes me sad.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Tossing over $51 mil at Matsuzaka sealed the BoSox's reputation as the Mini Evil Empire. It's one thing to get to the WS without a gargantuan payroll. It's something else completely when you have hundreds of millions of dollars to throw at a bunch of supertalents. In my mind, that's like buying your way to the CEO position at a company. I was fine with Boston before they won it all. Then Theo magically turned into $teinbrenner and it all went downhill from there.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm no fan but I must admit, there is Rockies fever going on here.

We got to wear jeans to work with Rockies jerseys
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    Tossing over $51 mil at Matsuzaka sealed the BoSox's reputation as the Mini Evil Empire. It's one thing to get to the WS without a gargantuan payroll. It's something else completely when you have hundreds of millions of dollars to throw at a bunch of supertalents. In my mind, that's like buying your way to the CEO position at a company. I was fine with Boston before they won it all. Then Theo magically turned into and it all went downhill from there.
    I'm a Sox fan but I have to disagree with Matsuzaka. I don't think he is a supertalent and in my opinion it was a waste of money. As I see it Matsuzaka isn't the only pitcher on the staff to help them get to the WS.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

He's not the only player I'm talking about, but that was the move that finalized my current opinion of the BSox. Ortiz, Crisp, Ramirez, Papelbon, Schilling, Matsuzaka, etc. are the ones I'm talking about. Lots of money there that a lot of other teams don't have. It's an unfair advantage.

This is why I want a salary cap.

Agreed on both parts. I guess the question would be how would those salary caps benefit the players?

My Mood
    Dead

If you take a look at the salary caps in football and basketball, there is still pleeenty of money there for grown men who get to play a game for a living. A salary cap would help even out the playing field for all teams, so to speak, and make things a bit more fair for those teams with stingy owners or small markets. No, it's not going to make those penny-pinching owners spend more on their teams, but it will mean that the teams that have owners who ARE willing to spend money won't be able to go out there and gobble up all the good talent for themselves. Other teams might actually have a shot at getting some good players too if there's a limit to what teams can spend. Sure, the big spenders will still get the cream of the crop, but there'd still be plenty of good gettin' available for other teams.

Dear lord, I'm rambling. I'm sorry.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

jeeze!

We're losing

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh no, we got pwned! ARGH.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    If you take a look at the salary caps in football and basketball, there is still pleeenty of money there for grown men who get to play a game for a living. A salary cap would help even out the playing field for all teams, so to speak, and make things a bit more fair for those teams with stingy owners or small markets. No, it's not going to make those penny-pinching owners spend more on their teams, but it will mean that the teams that have owners who ARE willing to spend money won't be able to go out there and gobble up all the good talent for themselves. Other teams might actually have a shot at getting some good players too if there's a limit to what teams can spend. Sure, the big spenders will still get the cream of the crop, but there'd still be plenty of good gettin' available for other teams.

Dear lord, I'm rambling. I'm sorry.
    The only way a cap will work currently is if they implement it and have a grandfather clause. I'm not for or against a cap, but it would take a massive overhaul to make this happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    jeeze!

We're losing

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Oh no, we got pwned! ARGH.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

AND THE SOX TAKE GAME ONE!!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

pfft--tonight man, there's going to be retribution.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

btw--I lost 100 bucks on this last night.

The betting pool should be paid out.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew they would choke in the first game. I just had no idea they'd strangle to death.

I hope they pull their heads out of their asses and start playing baseball!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

I knew they would choke in the first game. I just had no idea they'd strangle to death.

I hope they pull their heads out of their asses and start playing baseball!
    They have to show up first.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit--thems fighting words.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OW!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

RED SOX ALL THE WAY, BABY!!!!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Holy shit--thems fighting words.
    OW!
    *runs*

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm hoping the Rockies win so downtown Denver goes crazy. Maybe they'll tear gas people like they did when the Broncos won the Superbowl, and the Avs won the cup. Yea, that'd be sweet.

Although, Aaron just pointed out to me that people will probably go crazy regardless. I love Colorado.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, never a dull moment, that's for sure!

Sox won again!

*whistles innocently*

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I just gave Jerome another huge payday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast