Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Paramount remaking Pet Sematary

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Relieved to hear the good reviews. Hope the film does well if only for the continued success of King films. I still remember how the trailers for 'Secret Window' and 'Hearts in Atlantis' almost felt ashamed at King's involvement and now he's huge again (outside of books, obviously).

Spoiler changes aside the whole 'kids with masks banging drums' seen on all the trailers and promo material got old really fast. It just feels so manufactured and self-aware.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    ...the whole 'kids with masks banging drums' seen on all the trailers and promo material got old really fast. It just feels so manufactured and self-aware.
    Almost like the idea was that these kids had seen the first Pet Sematary movie.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.slashfilm.com/pet-sematary-prequel/
    Pet Sematary isn’t out in theaters yet, but people are already asking about sequels. While author Stephen King never wrote a follow-up to this terrifying book, there was a sequel film made to the original 1989 film adaptation – 1992’s Pet Sematary Two. According to producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura, this new adaptation likely won’t follow in its predecessors footsteps and make a sequel. But there is room for a potential Pet Sematary prequel.

The new adaptation of Pet Sematary is great, and likely on its way towards box office success. Could a sequel be far behind? Not exactly. Speaking with Consequence of Sound, Pet Sematary producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura said he has ideas for a follow-up film – if it’s a prequel:

“I think if there’s anything here, there’s a prequel. I think if you look at the book, we didn’t cover all that stuff that happens before the Creed family moves in. So, I think there’s a movie there, and I think I’d be particularly interested in doing that, because, again, it’s the source material and you are going toward something that also has a lot of crazy, creepy feelings about it.”

In King’s novel, and the new film, the Creed family moves to the town of Ludlow Maine, and learn of a burial ground deep in the woods that has the power to raise the dead. King’s book has a lot of backstory about the burial ground, most of it recounted by the Creed’s new neighbor, Jud Crandall. Things don’t play out exactly the same way in the new movie, though.

Throughout the bulk of King’s book (and spoilers for the book but not the new movie follow), Jud claims that only animals were buried and brought back to life. Near the end, however, the old man breaks down and tells the story about a young man named Timmy Baterman, killed during action in World War II. When Baterman’s body was shipped home, his father buried him in the cursed burial ground, at which point Timmy rose from the dead as a ghoulish zombie-like creature with an alarming amount of knowledge about the people of the town.

This story was filmed for the 1989 film adaptation, but is completely glossed over in the 2019 movie – the only mention of Timmy is a quick blink-and-you’ll-miss-it newspaper headline. It stands to reason that if someone wanted to make a prequel to the 2019 Pet Sematary, they could go back and expand the Timmy Baterman story into a feature, complete with a younger version of Jud as one of the characters.

That’s just speculation, though. A prequel could also create its own brand-new story, completely separate from anything King wrote. In any case, I’m perfectly fine with the new Pet Sematary standing on its own, without prequel or sequel following.

Pet Sematary opens April 5.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would much rather see this as a Castle Rock episode instead of a full Jud origin movie

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yeah, I heard about the trailer being super spoilery (thankfully I've managed to avoid it), so I was wondering about their review being spoilery too. I don't think I'll risk it.
    I avoided the second trailer because it contained spoilers, but then people on social media spoiled it for me. And now every time I turn on the tv, they're showing a commercial for the movie which contains said spoiler, so just be aware if any commercials come on you might not want to watch.

I'm glad to hear it's getting early positive reviews, but I'm still unsure about it. Hopefully it really is a decent movie.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty easy quiz. I scored 100%

Pet Sematary Quiz
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yeah, I heard about the trailer being super spoilery (thankfully I've managed to avoid it), so I was wondering about their review being spoilery too. I don't think I'll risk it.
    I avoided the second trailer because it contained spoilers, but then people on social media spoiled it for me. And now every time I turn on the tv, they're showing a commercial for the movie which contains said spoiler, so just be aware if any commercials come on you might not want to watch.

I'm glad to hear it's getting early positive reviews, but I'm still unsure about it. Hopefully it really is a decent movie.
    I figured the TV spots might be showing spoilers also, so I've not watched any of those either. So far, so good.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You're lucky, every time I turn on the tv they're showing a commercial for it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You're lucky, every time I turn on the tv they're showing a commercial for it.
    No doubt!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

If you need a date for opening night.

Victor Pascow Action Figure

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A silly cat video for April Fools:

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

‘Pet Sematary’ Directors on Why the Trailers Spoiled One of the Movie’s Big Twists

http://collider.com/pet-sematary-tra...ers-explained/
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have seen the movie just now at a french premiere.
    And even though it's not flawless, I thought that it was quite good.

Despite the major changes compared to the book, the movie is actually quite loyal to the book in many ways and details....
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it yesterday during Argentinean's premiere and I liked it quite a bit. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of haters though, because of the changes.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The consensus seems to be "changes, but a very good movie."
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

I've got my tickets for Sat night. Hopefully I enjoy it, but I am a bit skeptical about it still.

Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking I might go Saturday as well. It's getting some buzz, that's for sure. I'm more excited by it now than I was before, though I'm still trepidatious about it given I wasn't a fan of the last King adaptation (It) and Pet Sematary is one of my top King books. I'd hate to get hyped up for it and then be disappointed. It does make me a little concerned that the running time, before credits, is about 1 hr. 35 mins. Either it's going to be incredibly tight and well done, or rushed and leaving out a lot of the book.

Also, had the Big Change spoiled for me in an EW article about the film. Weirdly enough, I wasn't as angry with it as I thought I'd be. When people kept mentioning a big change, I figured that might be something they played with. But really, I don't think it will change the story too much (well, I hope not).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I'm seeing it tonight. Hope it's good.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I see it in 2 hours.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to wait until Saturday...but I have my tickets and beer mug for the show!!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking I might go Saturday as well. It's getting some buzz, that's for sure. I'm more excited by it now than I was before, though I'm still trepidatious about it given I wasn't a fan of the last King adaptation (It) and Pet Sematary is one of my top King books. I'd hate to get hyped up for it and then be disappointed. It does make me a little concerned that the running time, before credits, is about 1 hr. 35 mins. Either it's going to be incredibly tight and well done, or rushed and leaving out a lot of the book.

Also, had the Big Change spoiled for me in an EW article about the film. Weirdly enough, I wasn't as angry with it as I thought I'd be. When people kept mentioning a big change, I figured that might be something they played with. But really, I don't think it will change the story too much (well, I hope not).

As to big changes...what if...what if they buried Lazarus in the pet cemetery? What if they buried one of those immortal jelly fish in the pet cemetery? Just food for thought...or perhaps I did too much coke in the 80's...90's IDK.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I see it in 2 hours.
    And?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

He's busy burying his cat!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast