+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Paramount remaking Pet Sematary

The Hound CyberGhostface has a spectacular aura about CyberGhostface has a spectacular aura about CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm already tired with the whole "creepy kids wearing masks" schtick they felt the need to add.

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000 has a reputation beyond repute webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'm already tired with the whole "creepy kids wearing masks" schtick they felt the need to add.
    100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec has much to be proud of dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was trying to remember that from the book, but kept coming up empty. Why must they ruin everything?!

Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Realizing I'm in the minority that is looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the book and the original movie.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Servant of Gan St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy is a splendid one to behold St. Troy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if the masked children could be from a flashback about those who'd used the pet cemetery before (I'd prefer this to some half-assed Children Of The Corn thing).
    Honestly, I keep losing track.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin has a spectacular aura about Earl of Popkin has a spectacular aura about Earl of Popkin has a spectacular aura about Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I wonder if the masked children could be from a flashback about those who'd used the pet cemetery before (I'd prefer this to some half-assed Children Of The Corn thing).
    Maybe they’ll go full Justice League and this scene will be a trailer only scene?? I thought it was weird, but I found the drums to be more off putting. I don’t have a good reason for this, I just wasn’t into that sound

Still all in for the movie though

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I'm actually finding myself looking forward to this movie. The book and original movie were always sort of middle of the road for me. I don't love them, but I don't hate them either. I've always thought that the movie was one of the better adaptations of his books, compared to some of the other clunkers that exist.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

I understand how these kids with masks might put some off, but I'm fine with them as long as they have something to do with the past, as in flashbacks...but then again, they might turn up as ghosts or something, which would be weird. For me, the trailer looks good and I'm all in, but I don't wish to see those kids being part of the present fear and danger. It would be like having Michael Myers roaming the Marsten House if another remake of 'Salem's Lot should ever happen. But Jason Clarke and John Lithgow are both great, and that girl Jeté Campbell seems to be more talented than the girl who played the original Ellie, so who knows...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/origin...ing-adaptation
    While a new film of Pet Sematary is set to hit theatres next year, director Mary Lambert has been restoring and remastering her original film adaptation of Stephen King’s novel. The filmmaker behind the first film adaptation announced via social media that she’s been hard at work with the studio to create a high-definition version of Pet Sematary.

“Working with Paramount to create HDR version of original Pet Sematary. It looks amazing,” Lambert wrote on Instagram (and Twitter) along with a video of the Achilles tendon-slicing scene from the 1989 film.

A few days later, the filmmaker went on Twitter to provide an updated progress report. “I spent #FemaleFilmakerFriday working at @ParamountPics on the restoration of Pet Sematary,” tweeted Lambert. “HDR Color Grading & Dolby Vision. Looks gorgeous!! Their team is amazing! I'd love to direct another project for Paramount one day. Xo”

Lambert’s film adaptation of Pet Sematary was written by King himself and filmed in part in Maine (King wanted to bring some of that Hollywood movie money to his home state). It starred Dale Midkiff, Fred Gwynne, Denise Crosby and Brad Greenquist.

Pet Sematary centers on the Creed family who moves to a house in Maine near a road where pets are known to get run over by careening trucks and a cemetery that children have built (hence the misspelling of the word “cemetery”) for said mowed-down pets. But when tragedy strikes the Creeds, patriarch Louis Creed learns of the cemetery’s unnatural powers of resurrection and (mis)uses it in a fit of grief. It doesn’t go well.

Dennis Widmyer and Kevin Kolsch are directing this new version of Pet Sematary, based off a script by Jeff Buhler (showrunner of SYFY's George R.R. Martin series Nightflyers). It stars John Lithgow and Jason Clarke.

No word on when fans can expect to see this new high-definition version of the original movie, but the new Pet Sematary film is set to hit theatres in April 19, 2019.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8