Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Paramount remaking Pet Sematary

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice JRM is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't understand how some people don't like 1408. I loved it. Maybe it's because I didn't read the short story first?? Not sure how faithful it is as an adaption, but as a film, I think it's great.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    I don't understand how some people don't like 1408. I loved it. Maybe it's because I didn't read the short story first?? Not sure how faithful it is as an adaption, but as a film, I think it's great.
    Probably. I like Dreamcatcher better than most here, and I suspect that's why.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Thanks for the thread. I read back through it. Some interesting stories in there. I also had already posted in the thread about 3 times. So much for short term memory.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    1) While I dislike the idea of remakes, I am not opposed to all on principle. I have seen some good remakes. However, given the large number of King stories AS YET UNADAPTED FOR THE SCREEN, why remake one that is already on film?

2) I go with hope that it won't suck, not to complain that it does.

3) I will, however, complain if I feel it sucks - such as 1408. While it had some excellent effects and genuinely creepy moments, the needless additions immediately turned me off to the film, completely lowering its overall impact as a piece of art. Great story; mediocre film. Stop adding shit that just has mass and takes up space. WHY?!?! King's a better writer and has a better imagination than you. Stick to his bloody story.
    1) Looking at Which unadapted SK stories would you like to see? none of the prospects excites me.
    On the other hand, plenty of already-filmed stories besides PS could be done much better. That, I'm for.

2) Totally. Again, I'm hopeful for a new PS, though I hope I'm not as disappointed as I have been by some awful remakes.

3) King's "1408" wasn't long enough for a feature film. I do like outright creative adaptations more than strictly commercial filmings. (And as you know, I really dug the 1408 film.)

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Probably. I like Dreamcatcher better than most here, and I suspect that's why.
    I read Dreamcatcher first, and I still like the movie better than the novel. (Although I'm sure that you like both of them much better than I do.)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've found that as well; when I watch the movie version of a book and haven't read the book previously, it seems like I really like the movie while othes don't because they read the book first, had expectations, etc. Sometimes it's cool to read the book afterwards; it's an interesting change of pace.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the short story & the movie were both good.
    Both seriously give me the creeps.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Del Toro wants to adapt It & Pet Sematary

http://www.horroryearbook.com/541247...d-pet-sematary

Last night, as part of the TimesTalks series at New York City’s TimesCenter, director Guillermo del Toro revealed that he would like to adapt Stephen King’s It and Pet Semetary in the future. The Hellboy director has a lot of projects lined up, including producing Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark and working on his adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft’s At the Mountains of Madness, it may be a long time before he gets to King’s works, if ever.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

huh
    yeah i've seen some of his earlier horror stuff like chronos, he could do em

del toto? lol that's a funny typo
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Give him Rose Madder. There's no one else who could make anything good out of that.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think there's anyone who could make anything good out of any King - except probably Del Toro. I have some hopes... rather high, actually... especially for It.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here, I'd love to see him do It.

Bahahahaaa <---- childish sense of humour

But really, I think he'd do it justice.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guillermo del Toro doing a Stephen King film?

YES, PLEASE!

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Del Toro. A director with such style and a love of monsters that he's one of the few directors I'd ever trust a Dr Who movie with. I'd love to see how he would handle IT!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I think you folken know that I would like a better Pet Semetary adaptation.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A Rose Madder by Del Toro would rock hard.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    A Rose Madder by Del Toro would rock hard.

Country
    Country Flag

A mayhap Insomnia. Two of my most wanted King adaptations, besides The Dark Tower.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Well, I think you folken know that I would like a better Pet Semetary adaptation.
    So would bears.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

And Lindas....

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Wolves would like another Pet Semetary, but would like to keep Jud Crandall (Fred Gwynne) from the first. And Pascow's wrecked body as a spirit was cool.

Also, nobody gets to remake Pet Semetary 2 because it's a HOOT of a cheesy B-movie with an awesome zombie dog and Clancy Motherfucking Brown in it.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I'll say this: I will not be anywhere around after you re-bury Mr. Gwynne.

My Mood
    Worried

LOL!

Hey, isn't technology good enough to splice his performance from the first movie? We had Bogart endorsing Coca-Cola a decade ago, so surely we can pick out Jud Crandall and place him in the new movie.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

That'd save Del Toro the trouble of having to judge an old New Englander performance, but I imagine it'd be a little awkward for the other actors, and it'd leave the same taste in my mouth of not leaving the dead at rest. I guess they could CGI the entire new movie in around Gwynne and not bother with new actors at all, but that disturbs me even more. I guess I'm just not so sure of whether technology is good at all.
    Some say I'm a fool and I live in the past,
    but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast.
    -- The Lorax

My Mood
    Worried

No, you're absolutely right. I'm just being silly because I love Fred Gwynne and he was awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast