Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Paramount remaking Pet Sematary

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    He's busy burying his cat!

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just saw it and liked it way more than I thought I would. Absolutely worth the price of admission.

However paramount needs to have a chat with its marketing team. That reveal in the trailer would’ve been a monster wtf moment in the film, especially with the way the scene unfolded. Anyway the whole cast is great and Church rules

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was decent although I found a lot of the changes to be necessary

Spoilers

Spoiler:
    Like the ending... the novel’s ending is perfect with “Darling”. Having the entire family get zombified is like they’re trying to top King but missing what makes him so effective.

I haven’t seen the original in years so I can’t go into comparisons yet. John Lithgow was good but I think I prefer Fred Gwynne. Likewise I think the original Zelda was scarier.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=25137
    Paramount Home Media Distribution has officially announced that it will release on 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmyer's film Pet Sematary (2019), starring Jason Clarke, John Lithgow, Amy Seimetz, Naomi Frenette, and Jeté Laurence. The two releases will be available for purchase on July 9.

The 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases are packed with over 90 minutes of special features, including hair-raising deleted and extended scenes, a chilling alternate ending, a look at the main characters, behind-the-scenes footage, cast interviews and more. A must-own for every Stephen King fan, Pet Sematary is a "twisted and bone-chilling" (Meagan Navarro, Bloody Disgusting) thrill ride.

Synopsis: After the Creed family relocates from Boston to rural Maine, they soon discover an ancient burial ground hidden deep in the woods near their new home. When tragedy strikes, the grief-stricken father is driven by the cemetery's sinister power, setting off a perilous chain of events that unleashes an unfathomable evil with horrific consequences. Some secrets are best left buried in this twisted thriller.

4K BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES AND TECHNICAL SPECS:

HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
    DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK
    Alternate Ending
    Deleted and Extended Scenes
    Night Terrors – Family Haunting Visions
    Louis
    Rachel
    Ellie
    The Tale of Timmy Baterman
    Beyond the Deadfall
    Chapter One: Resurrection – Directors, screenwriters and cast discuss bringing this classic back to life
    Chapter Two: The Final Resting Place—A deeper look into finding the right location for the terror to unfold
    Chapter Three: The Road to Sorrow— Inside the film's tragic themes and creating the iconic cat "Church"
    Chapter Four: Death Comes home—Unearth the creepy elements behind the climax and final scenes of the film

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wondering what you guys think of this alternate ending.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/06/21/pet...ernate-ending/

IMO it would have been better than what we actually got in the theaters.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finally got round to seeing this now that it is on VOD. It's basically a typical Hollywood horror film. Not great, not awful. I can understand not simply remaking the original but none of the characters are likeable or interesting. The biggest difference between this one and the original is the lack of character depth. The backstory and motivations of the characters are glossed over in this film. The Victor Pascow character, for example, is almost pointless. Overall I liked the original much better. No comparison.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I finally got round to seeing this now that it is on VOD. It's basically a typical Hollywood horror film. Not great, not awful. I can understand not simply remaking the original but none of the characters are likeable or interesting. The biggest difference between this one and the original is the lack of character depth. The backstory and motivations of the characters are glossed over in this film. The Victor Pascow character, for example, is almost pointless. Overall I liked the original much better. No comparison.
    Yep, I basically agree with everything you've pointed out. The new film did nothing to improve on the old one and believe it or not, the original was actually much better than this one in just about every way.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yep, I basically agree with everything you've pointed out. The new film did nothing to improve on the old one and believe it or not, the original was actually much better than this one in just about every way.
    I agree with both of you. I did not like anything about this film. Loved the original.

Country
    Country Flag

There was a special cat cafe screening of Pet Sematary.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Can't believe they cut out stuff like this, dumb move on their part

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have an idea- take one of the coolest relationships in the King canon and destroy it. Why do Louis and Jud appear to dislike each other? So weird.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
    Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bought the DVD but haven't watched it yet. Going in with low expectations.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    I have an idea- take one of the coolest relationships in the King canon and destroy it. Why do Louis and Jud appear to dislike each other? So weird.

Yes, the dynamic between Jud and the entire family was very weird and even creepy. I'm not sure whether that was intentional or not but it changed the entire story. It was almost like Jud was setting them up instead of trying to help them.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

Yes, the dynamic between Jud and the entire family was very weird and even creepy. I'm not sure whether that was intentional or not but it changed the entire story. It was almost like Jud was setting them up instead of trying to help them.
    I was explaining to my friends who I saw it with, that in the novel Louis thinks of him as a father figure. For whatever reason they weren't interested in exploring that in this new film. Their relationship felt off to me

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

A prequel film to Pet Sematary is officially on its way from Paramount+

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    A prequel film to Pet Sematary is officially on its way from Paramount+
    Oh good, that's definitely not going to completely suck...

I'm guessing they'll be focusing on Jud when he was a kid and buried his dog. Or at least that general time period.

Maybe they'll show the story of Timmy Baterman.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The previous version they had a Timmy Baterman short movie on the dvd/bluray
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This production is totally unnecessary, a waste of funds and doomed to failure in my humble opinion.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

https://deadline.com/2021/05/lindsey...ie-1234756791/
    Pet Sematary, Stephen King’s self-proclaimed scariest property ever, next installment in the franchise has gained momentum as it looks like it has found its director. Sources tell Deadline, Lindsey Beer has signed on to direct Paramount Players’ follow-up adaptation of the successful 2019 horror pic based on Stephen King’s best-seller. Beer has become one of busiest screenwriters and this will mark her directing debut. The classic 1989 adaptation made history with Mary Lambert directing the pic and its 1992 follow-up and it was important to studio execs to go back to the films roots and have a female filmmaker at the helm. Beer has wanted to jump into the directing the chair and saw this as a perfect opportunity. Beer also wrote the latest script based off a draft by Jeff Buhler.

Plot details are unknown at this time. The original story, which the 1989 and 2019 pic was also loosely based on, with their own different twists, followed a family, who after tragedy strikes, a grieving father discovers an ancient burial ground behind his home with the power to raise the dead.

The film will debut exclusively on Paramount+. Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mark Vahradian will produce.

Beer has become one of the more sought after female screenwriters in town penning such big-budget pics as Chaos Walking and Transformers: The Last Night. She is also a writer and EP of the Netflix hit Sieraa Burgess is A Loser. She is also penning the upcoming live-action Bambi adaptation, and writers room for Godzilla Vs. Kong. She is repped by ICM Partners.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://deadline.com/2021/05/lindsey...ie-1234756791/
    Pet Sematary, Stephen King’s self-proclaimed scariest property ever, next installment in the franchise has gained momentum as it looks like it has found its director. Sources tell Deadline, Lindsey Beer has signed on to direct Paramount Players’ follow-up adaptation of the successful 2019 horror pic based on Stephen King’s best-seller...
    I'm confused; is this a new adaptation of the novel, or something that attaches to, or follows on from, the 2019 adaptation?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

Earlier it was reported to be a prequel.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Geez, just how many times are, King and Hollywood going to rip off poor old Edgar Allen Poe?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast