Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Paramount remaking Pet Sematary

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I was honestly looking forward to this movie. But them making a completely unnecessary change that big has me worried.
    I like their explanation for why they did it. It makes sense to me, and it gives me a reason to want to see this film instead of just recycling what has already been done.
    What was the explanation?
    https://ew.com/movies/2019/02/07/pet-sematary-change/2/

Spoiler:
    Basically it was more practical and more effective in terms of characterization for them to have an older kid as opposed to a toddler doing everything. But IDK, I doubt as much people would cry foul if they had someone older but still a young kid like Jackson Robert Scott play him.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

THIS WILL SUCK. 100%
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely still going to see this, but this trailer really dampened the excitement. And I feel like they gave away some major moments (besides the switcheroo) that we’re totally unnecessary. There’s no way some of those spoilers would enhance excitement for the film to the unitiated; the only thing it’ll do is bum out people like us that really know the source materials

Also I’m starting a gofundme page to reboot dead zone. Except Martin Sheen will be in the coma instead and all of the characters will wear bunny masks the whole movie

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm a sucker for fidelity to the source, but I understand the logic stated. I'm still looking forward to this.

To me, it was a bigger deal that Mike Hanlon lost his role of Derry historian to Ben in the recent It movie (and I certainly didn't hate that movie).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently re-listening to PS read by Michael C. Hall who is killing it! (That's a good thing). It's been years since I've read it and I forgot how the book differs from the first movie. I'll avoid all spoilers as well as I'm gonna see it regardless. Surely it's not TDT bad.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hall was great. His Jud was uncanny.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pet Sematary directors explain their startling change to Stephen King's story
    Is this spoilery?
    Cause if it is I will bookmark it and read it after seeing the movie...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Pet Sematary directors explain their startling change to Stephen King's story
    Is this spoilery?
    Cause if it is I will bookmark it and read it after seeing the movie...
    Definitely spoilery

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Hall was great. His Jud was uncanny.
    Agreed! Sounds like a completely different person.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched the trailer... even ignoring the twist damn they really spoiled like 99% of the film lol.

Feels really different from the book. Reminds me of how 'It' was touted as being truer to book King wrote and then it ends up being even less faithful than the miniseries was.

My Collection

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna hold off on watching the new trailer after hearing that it's spoilery. I didn't have high hopes for this one after seeing the first one but I'd still like to be surprised.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Damn FB! Someone just spoiled the spoiler for me Although I already had a huge suspicion just based on everyone's reaction.

So I guess my question is why put so much info in a trailer? I always prefer teasers over actual trailers because I don't want to know all the twists and scares before I go see a movie. Do you think this trailer will hurt the movie and less people might see it now? Or do you think it's beneficial for a film to release a trailer with so much information?

Note, I still haven't watched the trailer yet, trying to stay away from it. This question is just based off of everyone reaction to it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Damn FB! Someone just spoiled the spoiler for me Although I already had a huge suspicion just based on everyone's reaction.

So I guess my question is why put so much info in a trailer? I always prefer teasers over actual trailers because I don't want to know all the twists and scares before I go see a movie. Do you think this trailer will hurt the movie and less people might see it now? Or do you think it's beneficial for a film to release a trailer with so much information?

Note, I still haven't watched the trailer yet, trying to stay away from it. This question is just based off of everyone reaction to it.
    I WILL NOT spend my money on this. Not a chance. I CANNOT stand kids in masks.. I mean how many times has this been done??????? Just silly and campy. THEN the changes?????? #PASS
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I WILL NOT spend my money on this. Not a chance. I CANNOT stand kids in masks.. I mean how many times has this been done??????? Just silly and campy. THEN the changes?????? #PASS
    Kris. Lie back on the couch and tell me about these issues with kids in masks

Country
    Country Flag

Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Kris. Lie back on the couch and tell me about these issues with kids in masks
    LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Been watching good and bad SK movies since Carrie. I am not watching trailers or reading on it because I will go and see it and form my own opinion on it. TDT was not horrible to me, I took it for what it was. They changed the Mist a little and I loved it. So I give them all a chance and am just happy to see that SK is relevant enough as always to be on the screens. Firestarter...oh well. Bad things happen to good stories all the time.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those were shot at the same time than the "Master of horror" documentary
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone watch that and tell me if there are spoilers?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Can someone watch that and tell me if there are spoilers?
    They do their best to avoid spoilers, even mentioning the trailer (which I haven't viewed) was a spoiler. I aborted the video after ~1 minute. I suppose someone else will have to answer the question.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I heard about the trailer being super spoilery (thankfully I've managed to avoid it), so I was wondering about their review being spoilery too. I don't think I'll risk it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yeah, I heard about the trailer being super spoilery (thankfully I've managed to avoid it), so I was wondering about their review being spoilery too. I don't think I'll risk it.
    I accidentally walked in on the trailer playing after I had gone to the bathroom during the break of the show I was watching. Pretty much no point in seeing the movie after that. I'll say I'm not a fan of what I saw but it could work I guess.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

All the good word of mouth has me really excited for the film again. Here's IGN's early review for anyone interested. No spoilers for the film, other than a change that was revealed in the latest trailer

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/03/1...ematary-review

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast