Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Sorry, it was a calculation mistake - all seconded nominations advance; poll closed

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Stand

3 27.27%
  • Children Of The Corn

3 27.27%

0 0%
  • The Dead Zone

2 18.18%
  • The Tommyknockers miniseries

7 63.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst King on the Screen--Nominations Closed

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Worst King on the Screen--Nominations Closed

This thread is for members to nominate titles (film, mini-series, TV) for the Award for Worst King on the Screen. In order for a title to be eligible for nomination it must either be based on the written work of Stephen King or be an original screenplay/teleplay written by Stephen King. This extends to any film, mini-series, or television show that meets those guidelines. Titles based on works originally published under the pseudonym Richard Bachman are also eligible.

To nominate a title for this category, simply post your choice in this thread. In order for a title to be placed onto the voting ballot for the Award the nominated title must be seconded and thirded, also in this thread. This is to ensure that we do not have an overly long list of contenders for the Award, and that--by virtue of the nomination process--each title listed on the ballot is guaranteed to have at least something of a following come voting time. Please note that you MUST clearly state in your post that you are seconding or thirding a nomination for it to count. Be careful that you are posting in the correct thread, as there is also the thread for Best King on the Screen, which is this category’s polar opposite. Feel free to deliberate and discuss your choices in this thread.

Films/Miniseries/TV based upon a SK book or story.

While you may second or third a nomination more than once, we ask that there be only one new nomination per member.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I will nominate Kingdom Hospital.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Maximum Overdrive
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Mangler

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Maximum Overdrive
    seconded
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

BC - i nominated Kingdom Hospital for best how bizarre this that

My nomination
    The Stand

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Stanley Kubrick's version of The Shining. (Sorry all, but I liked the USA Network version because of its accuracy and the acting. I thought the kid was better...)
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second The Mangler. Yuck.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Shining by Kubrick seconded by bears.

Kingdom Hospital 1
    Maximum Overdrive 2
    The Mangler 2
    The Stand 1
    The Shining (Kubrick version) 2

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I third the Mangler

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate the IT miniseries. Worst bit of wasted time in my life, though Tim Curry was great---just not great enough to save this abomination of an adaptation.
    Heng Dai

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Thinner.

Seconding the IT miniseries - the ending was just.. plain awful. Agreeing with you about Tim Curry though, Aaron.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Along the Path of the Beam dubrosa22 is on a distinguished road dubrosa22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I nominate Children Of The Corn

And second IT miniseries

Country
    Country Flag

Kingdom Hospital 1
    Maximum Overdrive 2
    The Mangler 3
    The Stand 1
    the IT miniseries 3
    Thinner 1
    Children Of The Corn 1

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1408 - the creepiness of the goings on in room 1408 were so subtle at first - it didint do justice to the story.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post
    1408 - the creepiness of the goings on in room 1408 were so subtle at first - it didint do justice to the story.
    Yes. About one third of the movie I was wondering what the fuss was about: we here have lived like that all our lives; no Russian would in the least have been surprised by those minor malfunctions of the devices.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I'm going to nominate Dreamcatcher.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Mangler
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Second Dreamcatcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    I will nominate Kingdom Hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    BC - i nominated Kingdom Hospital for best how bizarre this that...
    It was a letdown. I'm not seconding it here, since the beginning was so great, but I can't second it for Best either, since the ending was such a mess. I do recommend that all TDT fans watch the whole series, though, if you get the chance. Definitely food for thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickrose View Post
    Yes. About one third of the movie I was wondering what the fuss was about: we here have lived like that all our lives; no Russian would in the least have been surprised by those minor malfunctions of the devices.
    Well, they were turning a short story into a feature... I liked the pacing fine... and, besides, talk about missing the forest for the trees.
    I guess every film will have its haters.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hitchhiker View Post
    I'm going to nominate Dreamcatcher.
    I'll third Dreamcatcher. Really is a shame because it started off so well, but went downhill rather quickly.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Well, they were turning a short story into a feature... I liked the pacing fine... and, besides, talk about missing the forest for the trees.
    I guess every film will have its haters.
    There's some things that just settle under people's skin when it comes to personal preferences. I absolutely loved 1408 but then again I can see where people would get a distaste for it.

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't say I hated it. I liked the prologue, and some later parts of the movie; was genuinely scared twice - the window across the road and the floor map - but some of the scenes did seem to me ridiculous, especially, you know, when he faces his past. I wouldn't nominate it as the Worst, and I didn't second the nomination - maybe I'll second it as the Best, because all others I have seen, except Shawshank, were just plain pathetic.

Country
    Country Flag

Kingdom Hospital 1
    Maximum Overdrive 2
    The Mangler 3
    The Stand 1
    the IT miniseries 3
    Thinner 1
    Children Of The Corn 1
    1408 - 1
    Dreamcatcher - 3
    The Mangler - 1

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I didn't say I hated it. I liked the prologue, and some later parts of the movie; was genuinely scared twice - the window across the road and the floor map - but some of the scenes did seem to me ridiculous, especially, you know, when he faces his past. I wouldn't nominate it as the Worst, and I didn't second the nomination - maybe I'll second it as the Best, because all others I have seen, except Shawshank, were just plain pathetic.
    I'm sorry if my words came off a bit strong, Jean. I meant that you have a distaste for it in the sense that you think it could have been better. I never meant to assume otherwise. I agree that it can certainly be over-the-top during certain scenes. The music during the scene where
    Spoiler:
    Enslin is first in the post office and is now "spinning" back into 1408
    comes to mind That would be the very first thing I would change about it!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    The Mangler
    Already nominated, by me, and thirded. Sorry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast