Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who should make it to the final round (PLEASE choose no more than 3)

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nadine (The Stand)

8 53.33%
  • Phil Bushey (aka Chef) (Under the Dome)

3 20.00%
  • Georgia Roux

2 13.33%
  • John Farson

3 20.00%
  • Gasher

7 46.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Minor Antagonist--Nominations Closed, PLEASE vote in the poll!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice thebumblerinblack is on a distinguished road thebumblerinblack's Avatar

I'll second Rhea, and I would like to nominate Phil Bushey (aka Chef) from Under the Dome.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by thebumblerinblack View Post
    I'll second Rhea, and I would like to nominate Phil Bushey (aka Chef) from Under the Dome.
    I'll second Chef.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna nominate Georgia Roux from Under the Dome.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bears second Nadine

Eldred Jonas 3
    Mr. Straker 2
    Harold Lauder 4
    Charles Burnside 4
    John Shooter 1
    Jack Mort 3
    Rhea of the Cöos 2
    Nadine 2
    Phil Bushey (aka Chef) 2
    Georgia Roux 1

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I will 3rd Rhea and Mr. Straker
    Sloth Love Chunk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Eldred Jonas 3
    Mr. Straker 3
    Harold Lauder 4
    Charles Burnside 4
    John Shooter 1
    Jack Mort 3
    Rhea of the Cöos 3
    Nadine 2
    Phil Bushey (aka Chef) 2
    Georgia Roux 1

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Ouch. I'm seeing names I don't recognize. They must be from Duma Key and/or Under the Dome. I hadn't thought about this, but now I will know as soon as I see the name. Hrm.

Don't really have anyone to add.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the name of the work where the nomination is coming from could be added.

Woofer, get to reading Duma Key and Under the Dome. Great books! You still have some time before we vote on them

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read UtD yet, but Woofer! Read Duma Key NOW, it's better than great, it's one of his absolute best, and in bears' top 5!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

No money to buy them atm. My car is busted so I am spending all my spare $$$ on parts (or paying my rides for gas) as we try to get it running again. I think our IT lady might have Duma Key. I'll see if she'll let me borrow it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'll second Georgia Roux.

But come on, no love for John Shooter?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'll second Georgia Roux.
    Wasn't she just vile?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, she most definitely was!

My Mood
    Worried

I'll second Shooter.

Thank you Woofer.
    I was beginning to think I was the only one that liked that story.

My Mood
    Worried

Not so! It's one of those that I find truly frightening, although it did not scare me in the traditional sense, because that sort of dissociative disorder is real life type shit that can happen to someone.

Yes, Johnny Depp was hot in the movie adaptation, too.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thirding John Shooter.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I think the name of the work where the nomination is coming from could be added.
    I was thinking about it, and at the moment decided against it - I mean, if someone doesn't know a character, s/he is not really supposed to second them, right? I could add them anyway, though.

Eldred Jonas (DT4) 3
    Mr. Straker ('Salem's Lot) 3
    Harold Lauder (The Stand) 4
    Charles Burnside (Black House) 4
    John Shooter (Secret Window, Secret Garden) 3
    Jack Mort (DT2) 3
    Rhea of the Cöos (DT4) 3
    Nadine (The Stand) 2
    Phil Bushey (aka Chef) (Under the Dome) 2
    Georgia Roux (Under the Dome) 2

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of us have short memories, Jean! For a day or two I was thinking who's John Shooter and then I remembered.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

oh Jesus, I didn't think of that... silly bear. Yeah, I'm adding the titles to all supporting/minor categories.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Heather and everyone who has supported John Shooter: don't you think he is a major antagonist? On the one hand, in this particular novellette he is; on the other, he has no chance against real big ones, like Flagg or Pennywise.

Well the reason I nominated him here was because I consider him to be a supporting character to Mort and...

Secret Window, Secret Garden end spoilers

Country
    Country Flag

it's an excellent argument, thank you!

My Mood
    Worried

Sorry I missed this, but Heather summed it up perfectly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast