Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Dark, No Stars

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't personally put UR in a "retribution" category and am kind of hoping it's NOT included in FDNS. "All new novellas" also implies its exclusion.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Eric719691 is on a distinguished road

Information from Simon and Schuster.
    Hardcover, 352 pages
    Our Price: $27.95
    http://books.simonandschuster.com/Fu.../9781439192566

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

352 pages?

Thats pretty short if it is 4 novellas, (have they said how many will be in the collection?)
    Sloth Love Chunk

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, four stories.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, with that page count I guess I can tell my bookshelves to stop moaning and groaning....they've been complaining since the new book was announced.

Unless, of course, they do a signed limited edition and a unsigned collectors edition and several variant covers....look out bookshelves.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hodder & Stoughton bought the rights.

What does that mean? I thought that every King book was published by them in the UK?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's more or less a formality, but King could always decide to switch publishers, both here and in the UK if he so desires, depending on contractual agreements.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, he's done it before.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

I was told by S&S that the page count isn't the final count. It's more like a place holder... Don't know how much it will differ though.

Lilja

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon now has a page up for FDNS, though you can't pre-order just yet:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1439192561

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The book is now available for pre-order for only $18.45!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1439192561/

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ms Mod posted this on the SKMB:

Story Titles & Plot Synopses for Full Dark, No Stars
    The story titles and plot synopses for Full Dark, No Stars are:

The story opens with the confession of Wilfred James to the murder of his wife, Arlette, following their move to Hemingford, Nebraska onto land willed to Arlette by her father.

Big Driver
    Mystery writer, Tess, has been supplementing her writing income for years by doing speaking engagements with no problems. But following a last-minute invitation to a book club 60 miles away, she takes a shortcut home with dire consequences.

Fair Extension
    Harry Streeter, who is suffering from cancer, decides to make a deal with the devil but, as always, there is a price to pay.

A Good Marriage
    Darcy Anderson learns more about her husband of over twenty years than she would have liked to know when she stumbles literally upon a box under a worktable in their garage.
    John

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds very Different Season-like.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Somewhat intersting. I, of course, will buy this.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Ms Mod posted this on the SKMB:

Story Titles & Plot Synopses for Full Dark, No Stars
    The story titles and plot synopses for Full Dark, No Stars are:

The story opens with the confession of Wilfred James to the murder of his wife, Arlette, following their move to Hemingford, Nebraska onto land willed to Arlette by her father.

Big Driver
    Mystery writer, Tess, has been supplementing her writing income for years by doing speaking engagements with no problems. But following a last-minute invitation to a book club 60 miles away, she takes a shortcut home with dire consequences.

Fair Extension
    Harry Streeter, who is suffering from cancer, decides to make a deal with the devil but, as always, there is a price to pay.

A Good Marriage
    Darcy Anderson learns more about her husband of over twenty years than she would have liked to know when she stumbles literally upon a box under a worktable in their garage.
    John
    It does sound cool. I look forward to reading it...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Obviously, this is a MUST HAVE!!!!!

Can't wait!!! Wonder if he'll promote with limited signings again? That would be way cool!!
    (and keep us collectors busy for 3-4 months!!! LOL)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Other than "Fair Extension" these all sounds like straight fiction (meaning non-horror/supernatural), something I love from King.

Michael Jackson Darkday is on a distinguished road Darkday's Avatar

I asked Ms. Mod if the novellas in "Full Dark, No Stars" are short novels (like e.g. "The Body" or "Apt Pupil") or long short stories (like e.g. "Ur" or "Throttle"). This is what she replied:
    Going by your criteria, it looks like 2 of each. This is not the final edited version, though.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Where to purchase question...

Is there an advantage/disadvantage to purchasing this from a particular seller?

Amazon has it a super discount, so any reason not to purchase there?

Or Simon Schuster?

Or ???

I'd want a 1st/1st obviously (even if it ends up being read by me once and I get a S/L or something later).

Thanks for any insight!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

When it comes to new books by Scribner, I always purchase 'em at amazon.com. I've been lucky enough to get 1st/1st always, and they're cheap.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Other than "Fair Extension" these all sounds like straight fiction (meaning non-horror/supernatural), something I love from King.
    Agreed! Can't wait.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Country
    Country Flag

I have had pretty good luck with Amazon, too. It never hurts to save a couple of dollars if you can.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably opt for Amazon.com and .co.uk, too... but their packaging SUCKS so even when you get cheap 1st/1sts they will probably show some scratching and denting.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually Amazon is one excellent company. Everytime I received a dented copy, they sent me a replacement inmediately.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oh but I agree with you Ari, and actually I don't mind if a book doesn't arrive in mint condition - my collecting standards aren't super high but it would be nicer if they at least put a bit of bubblewrap around the books instead of a flimsy, supertight cardboard wrapping.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast