Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

I'd love to see Flagg die on the john.
    A perfect throne for that would-be king.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Flagg:

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'm excited about this a lot, although I'd rather see new material from King than adaptations of his previous work, like Joe Hill is doing right now.

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa did a fantastic job on Sensational Spider-Man. He had a great respect for the continuity of the title and knew how to spin a great yarn. He's pretty underrated too from what I could grasp, so I'm glad he's getting a high-profile project like this. He deserves it.

Anyone wanna bet that Stephen King's going to revise the ending of The Stand and have Flagg get eaten by Kojak or die sitting on the toilet?
    Why would King have to revise the ending? Not saying the hand of god was the best way to go, just wondering.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

King won't revise the ending. I doubt he's doing very much beyond signing off on things. The interviews I've read say they intend to be very faithful to the uncut version of the novel. I don't expect anything new--nothing we haven't seen before.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    King won't revise the ending. I doubt he's doing very much beyond signing off on things. The interviews I've read say they intend to be very faithful to the uncut version of the novel. I don't expect anything new--nothing we haven't seen before.
    I think this is one reason I'm not too excited about this series. I like to see NEW King material, such as we're getting in the Dark Tower series. I don't know how The Stand can be condensed into a graphic novel without losing much of the characterizations and other story points that make it such a great read.

John

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

You have a very good point.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Why would King have to revise the ending? Not saying the hand of god was the best way to go, just wondering.
    I was joking about King's recent characterization of Flagg more than anything else. I don't think (or want) that King will change the book.

On a more serious note, I'd love King to do something completely NEW for Marvel with no ties whatsoever to any previous work. Again, Joe Hill is doing a fantastic job with his original work at IDW, and IMO its blowing anything King's done with Marvel out of the park.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I was joking about King's recent characterization of Flagg more than anything else. I don't think (or want) that King will change the book.
    Oh in that case, Flagg will choke to death on Jell-O while watching Golden Girls.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Oh in that case, Flagg will choke to death on Jell-O while watching Golden Girls.
    No, he wont.
    He'll die on the shitter, a look of both relief and surprise on his face.
    And ka will smile.

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    No, he wont.
    And ka will smile.
    Well could he at least be eating Jell-O, and be watching Golden Girls while in the bathroom?

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I think this is one reason I'm not too excited about this series. I like to see NEW King material, such as we're getting in the Dark Tower series. I don't know how The Stand can be condensed into a graphic novel without losing much of the characterizations and other story points that make it such a great read.

John
    From the blurb I've read, they're going to adapt the Stand adapted with the same amount of issues that they are doing for the Dark Tower. Think about that. One novel (granted a very big one) with the the same amount of issues as all the arcs for the Dark Tower comics. Maybe they'll cover a lot more detail than is often the case with comics.

I imagine many things will change with translation, but as an adaption, I've got high hopes for this.

Again, I'm not sure I'll go for this as I'd prefer new material. I have to say though, those pictures of Flagg above are amazing. Pretty close to my mental image of him in that novel.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    And ka will smile.
    That'd be better than how King finished him.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oO!

ive just noticed that there is a date for the project:

SEPTEMBER 2008! (i didnt see anyone on this forum mentionning the date!)

Country
    Country Flag

Default The Stand: Captain Trips #1 *spoilers*

THE STAND: CAPTAIN TRIPS #1 (of 5)

Written by ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA

Penciled & Inked by MIKE PERKINS

Cover by LEE BERMEJO

Variant Cover by MIKE PERKINS

Sketch Variant Cover by LEE BERMEJO

It begins here: the apocalyptic epic battle between good and evil based on the classic bestseller by master of horror Stephen King! On a secret army base in the Californian desert, something has gone horribly, terribly wrong. Something that will send Charlie Campion and his wife and daughter fleeing in the middle of the night. Unfortunately for the Campion family--and the rest of America--they are unaware that all three of them are carrying a deadly cargo: A virus that will spread from person to person like wildfire, triggering a massive wave of disease and death, prefacing humanity's last stand! Be there as writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four) teams with artist Mike Perkins (Captain America) for the first arc in the next great Stephen King event!
    Last edited by Matt; 10-04-2008 at 11:05 AM.

My Collection

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

this is gonna be so freakin' cool!

Country
    Country Flag

Kind've disappointing that the entire first issue (judging by the solict) is just going to be about the Campions...

My Collection

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, I need to get this on the comics site page.

Thanks for posting it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure I missed it somewhere, but when is this coming out?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    If the first arc concerns only the Campions, I wonder how many arcs the entire series will be.

John

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    If the first arc concerns only the Campions, I wonder how many arcs the entire series will be.

John
    I believe I read somewhere it would be 5.

It'll be the same amount as the Dark Tower comics anyway.

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

John
    Well, its not the first arc featuring the Campions, just the first issue. But I have a feeling that the first arc will basically just focus on the plague and the end of the world and will probably just be setting things up. Although its been a long time since I read it.

My Collection

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That makes more sense!

John

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That rocks.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shit I've still to get all the Gunslinger Born comics and now this is coming out. Going to have to hit Forbidden Planet in Dublin shorty and get them the ones I'm missing.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast