Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel's The Stand Comics - All Series Discussion

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

I totally spaced getting the comic shop to add this to my pull list, so I'm gonna have to make a point of scraping up some cash for a comic run sometime soon. Though the comic shop guy does randomly throw in all the Wolverine minis and one shots, not to mention spin off X-Men books, since I have Wolvie's two ongoings and most of the X-Titles on hold, so maybe he'll just put two and two together on this one.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved this issue. The artwork, the narration, everything. I haven't read the book in years and I never watched the miniseries, so it really took me back.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does it have anything in way of extras? Apart from page sketches, I mean.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I got mine but have yet to read it.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Traveler flea is on a distinguished road flea's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Míchéal View Post
    I don't know the name of the street but if you come on to Grafton st from the Trinity College side and take the first right it's at the end on the left just before you hit Georges st.

by any chance have you remembered the street name?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

more covers are now available on the official Marvel page...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to agree with Patrick on this one. I think this is going to turn out to be a really good series.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to agree with Daghain agreeing with me...wait...what?

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Does it have anything in way of extras? Apart from page sketches, I mean.
    Nope. Just the couple of sketch pages.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's shaping up to be really good, though.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed the issue, not too much to it but the captured the "feel" of the beginning of the book with no problem.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

It did. I also enjoyed how Larry looked EXACTLY how I thought he would.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the did a really good job with the characters, for sure.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

damn... how did I miss this?

I have to come out of the sheep pen more often.

Thanks guys!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, give the girls a night off, will ya?

You totally need to check this out - it's really good!

Gunslinger Apprentice Cuthbert Allbad is on a distinguished road Cuthbert Allbad's Avatar

Not a bad comic. No real surprises. Loved when the one panel mentioned Larry going back to his mother cause he was scared. Shit.....think we've all been in that situation at least once.

That's right....once upon a time the Mighty Cutbert Allbad wanted his mommy. Now excuse me while i wipe my vagine.
    "The power of God and the White commands you!"

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

How would there be any surprises? It's The Stand, in comic form. We all know the story here. Yeah, you know what's going to happen, but *seeing* it happen on the page is way awesome.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    How would there be any surprises? It's The Stand, in comic form. We all know the story here. Yeah, you know what's going to happen, but *seeing* it happen on the page is way awesome.
    I thought it might be chickenpox this time, but nope, still the flu.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they are doing a great job. The best example would be Stu reaching for that shut off switch at the gas station.

They talked about so much crap during that scene but the whole thing boils down to that moment (even though incineration may have been a good thing for all involved)

It just really captured the scene that took pages to write imo.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev Vincent just posted on his site the cover for the Second Printing of #1.

John
    Attached Images

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Larry looks like Springsteen, as he should.

Matt, I agree completely. That scene was boiled down to its essence - perfectly.

John, that is an awesome cover!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I really am amazed how they can take a book as long as The Stand and condense it down as much as they have. I think they did a good job.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I still need to pick this up. Along with the New Dark Tower arc that came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Larry looks like Springsteen, as he should.
    Exactly! Comic-book Larry looks like a combination of Springsteen and a young Michael Madsen, which is more or less how I pictured him.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Surprisingly, I'd say all the characters look like I'd imagined them. Somebody did their homework!

I agree Dags. It's refreshing to finally get the images of Gary Sinise and Molly Ringwald out of my head for Stu & Frannie. I'll save my hated of the mini-series for other threads, but the depictions in the comic are a lot more along the lines of what I'd pictured whenever I read the novel.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast