Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Trailer thread

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I love trailers for movies, but then again I also hate them. There is a line most advertisers cross when giving away too much of the movie; sometimes a 30 second tv spot tells me the entire movie and thus, making it pointless for me to watch. Some trailers leave us with mystery or shock us and make us want to see the movie, others get us intimately involved with the characters or the situation. To me a great trailer entices us with a promise to come, with a gist of the plot and some connection to it. I know there is already a trailer thread for new trailers, but I'd like this thread to be dedicated to great trailers, that go above and beyond what most trailers do.
    Hope you don't mind, but I merged the two together. Feel free to post as many trailers old or new as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Some would say the inventor of viral marketing for a movie. By giving us this trailer, the sudden intensity of it, the head of the statue of liberty but really showing you nothing about what is actually happening, nor giving a title to a movie instantly had the internet set ablaze for quite a long time, people dissected the trailer to theorize what it could actually be. No trailer has accomplished what this one has imo.
    This is hands down, one of the best trailers ever! I was already curious about this film to begin with, but once I saw this I needed to see the film immediately!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot about that one! So, my top three (in no special order) are Cloverfield, The Prestige, Star Trek (2009). Got another one or two new ones for you guys:

Wreck-It Ralph (Disney)

Saving Hope (TV, NBC - looks to be in the same vein as Grey's Anatomy)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the art of a good trailer. If I were to make a movie I would want to be make the trailer myself as well. Advertisers can kill a movie with it's trailers...make the audience think they are getting one type of movie and get something totally different. A glaring example of this was the TV spots for The Matador; 30 seconds of guns and explosions and talks of hitmen etc and people think, 'hey an action movie' when, if you've seen it, is anything but - people would probably dislike a movie as it is not what they wanted to watch, and I feel this happens a lot.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree. Depending on how you cut it and put it together you can make it feel like various types of films. Scary Poppins...
    And most of the time I feel they give away too much.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just remembered this:

Hmmm. What do I think? Well, I'm a bit of a fan of the tv series, (yes, this is based on a show), and...honestly, I don't think this film will work out quite as well, judging from the trailer. One thing I loved about the tv show is that it had this 70s charm, this police brutality to it that was just fun to watch. It's one of the reasons why I loved Life on Mars so much: not only did it kind of act as a spiritual successor to the Sweeney in some aspects, taking place in a 70s world, it also had the twist of seeing it through a modern day copper's eyes. Without that 70s charm...I'm really not sure this could work, even with Ray Winstone and Plan B, who was pretty solid in Harry Brown. Will I give it a watch? Maybe. Most likely with dad. Tenner says we're both complaining afterwards, though.

Fingers crossed the trailer for Dredd looks a lot better!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Eh, looks like a pass for me.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, like I said, the only interest I have in this film is that I'm a fan of the original, and I've enjoyed a few films of both the leads. Not one I'd make any effort to see though, based on that trailer.

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

V/H/S Red Band Trailer. This. Looks. So. Damn. Good.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Default VHS

I'm not a huge fan of found footage movies but I love horror anthologies.
    The parts with the haunted house where the window gets smaller looks friggin awesome!
    This will definitely be a VOD purchase for me.
    Magnet releases some great flicks!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

holy hell that looks freaking amazing!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just...what the hell?

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the trailer was enough for me, thanks, lol.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh. My. Gods! I love Gordon Ramsey and he has ANOTHER show out (in addition to Hotel Hell)! Check it out:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/g...atch-the-trail

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

NIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like it will be cool....kinda has the same feel that Alice did...which was cool...

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I am PSYCHED to see this! Of course, I wish they were able to get Robert Downey Jr. like they originally planned, but I can deal. The reason I'm psyched: it's not a remake. Like Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, this is another part of the more famous story... and like Alice, this shows more promise than the cartoonish versions. Children's stories are often scarier than some of the things King writes, but we don't realize it. Adaptations of the original stories cover the vein of freight throughout the body of the story with a heavy dose of colorful makeup. As adults, the aspects of the stories that prevented us from sleeping as children now seem silly. Flying monkeys, a field of flowers that make you sleep forever, a wicked witch... laughable and safe.

My grandmother had a rule about movies. If it was based on a book, I had to read it first. This held true from the moment I was born. Before I would watch the Wizard of Oz, my grandmother read me every Oz book in the series. When it was time to see the movie, I was excited and scared. Excited, because I loved the story and the characters and I wanted to go on that adventure again. Scared, because that shit was fucked up. Forget about how terrifying the idea of the wicked witch is... the BEGINNING of the story set the scene for me. This is a little girl with no parents, she has to live on a farm with her aunt and uncle. She loves her dog, but a mean old lady wants to take him away and kill him. A tornado is coming and she can't get to the shelter in time. Now we know the story has a happy ending, so we don't freak out about that stuff. But as a kid, hearing the story for the first time, landing in Oz didn't even seem safe. Sure, it was beautiful and magical, but put yourself in Dorothy's shoes (right before she switches them). Where the fuck are you? Who are these tiny people? There was an underlying fear throughout the entire book for me. And when I saw the movie... as much as I loved it... I was disappointed. Just like when I saw Cinderella and no one had their foot cut, when I saw Snow White and no pig was slaughtered, when I saw Sleeping Beauty and everyone woke up at the end... I felt cheated, but I also felt proud to know the "real" story that none of the other kids did.

When I saw this trailer, I thought, "Please let the monkeys talk!" The scariest fucking thing in the world is knowing that those winged monkeys are not evil animal hybrids created by the wicked witch, but a race of intelligent creatures that was once free and has been enslaved by the witch to commit terrible acts. AND they can speak. Knowing they are NOT evil made me even more frightened of them, because it made me think... normal people do terrible things when they have to do whatever an evil person tells them to.

Anyway. I'm rambling... I'm just stoked to see this movie. And it makes me extra excited to have a kid someday so they can experience all these great and powerful stories for the first time.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

YES YES YES!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What got me about the Oz movie is that it is not being done by MGM. I thought they had all the rights to the Oz stories.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Sweet!!!! I loves me a RE flick!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What. the. hell.

Could I have picked a worse time to eat a donut?

I think I am equal parts pumped and disgusted.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ooh! Looks horrific and definitely satirical! Colour me interested!

- Melike

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just discovered this trailer for the new hoarding reality show COLLECTION INTERVENTION, looks EXCELLENT!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57603

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    What. the. hell.

Could I have picked a worse time to eat a donut?

I think I am equal parts pumped and disgusted.
    is that Rupert Grint in this movie?

here is another i want to see...looks awesome...here is the page

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That Branded looks amazing. And - like my favourite scifi or just plain weird movies - some nice allegory or satire hidden within the "WTF?!?"ness. It's nice to see so many original ideas within the genre, even in this day and age.

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast