Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Trailer thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It's the opinion of a lot of people. I'm sure there will be some people that hate it too. There's nothing wrong if Pablo doesn't like the movie. You just can't base that the film is "trash" from a trailer. Just like you can't state that a film is great by the trailer.

I'm sure we've all seen trailers that were amazing and then the film sucked.

Absolutely. I didn't mean to sound as if I was challenging anyone. I loved the film and will watch it again. However everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I meant no offense to anybody. Just stating MHO is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    It's the opinion of a lot of people. I'm sure there will be some people that hate it too. There's nothing wrong if Pablo doesn't like the movie. You just can't base that the film is "trash" from a trailer. Just like you can't state that a film is great by the trailer.

Absolutely. I didn't mean to sound as if I was challenging anyone. I loved the film and will watch it again. However everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I meant no offense to anybody. Just stating MHO is all.
    I'm agreeing with you.

I just didn't want Pablo to think we were ganging up on him because he doesn't want to watch a movie that a lot of people are going to see and like.

Also, the other thing to remember about trailers these days with big movies is that there are so many of them. I'm not sure which one you saw Pablo, maybe you are talking about the one that was linked, or maybe you are talking about all of them, I don't know. I will say that I thought one of the Guardians trailers was pretty bad.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm agreeing with you.

I just didn't want Pablo to think we were ganging up on him because he doesn't want to watch a movie that a lot of people are going to see and like.

Also, the other thing to remember about trailers these days with big movies is that there are so many of them. I'm not sure which one you saw Pablo, maybe you are talking about the one that was linked, or maybe you are talking about all of them, I don't know. I will say that I thought one of the Guardians trailers was pretty bad.
    LOL Sorry. I just try to be overly careful these days. Trying to be a "Kinder, gentler Merlin1958" is hard work!! LOL I am trying though. Not to say I still don't have the occasional mis-step. Pablo, I think you will thank us if you decide to give this one a try. I'll even offer you a refund if you do not enjoy the film (through Paypal). How's that for a deal?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I may see it anyway, later, just looks really silly.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I am so excited for The Guardians of the Galaxy. I just hate I always have to wait to be able to watch a movie in theaters here.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    It is "Silly" at times, but in a good way. Give it a shot and if you really hate it, like I said I'll pay for your ticket.

Took my 3 nephews to see it again today. I'm going again next week with the "Geeks"!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Give it a shot and if you really hate it, like I said I'll pay for your ticket.
    Actually, upon second thought, I'm not sure I'm going to like it either. Maybe we can work out the same deal?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, upon second thought, I'm not sure I'm going to like it either. Maybe we can work out the same deal?
    LOL If you are looking for me to buy your ticket for you, sure why not. You're a nice enough guy, it would be my pleasure. PM me your PP address. If you enjoy it though, you make a modest donation for next year' HF? Fair?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL If you are looking for me to buy your ticket for you, sure why not. You're a nice enough guy, it would be my pleasure. PM me your PP address. If you enjoy it though, you make a modest donation for next year' HF? Fair?
    I was just messin'. I know you would though, you're a good guy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just messin'. I know you would though, you're a good guy.
    Thank you for that, but I do kinda owe you for turning me onto "Snowpiercer", so let me turn you onto GotG and we will be even.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good! As for Snowpiercer, just keep spreading the word and we all win.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Let me know where to send the cash. BTW, neat website you got going there. I bookmarked it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Let me know where to send the cash. BTW, neat website you got going there. I bookmarked it.
    Thanks, I appreciate that! No need to send any cash. If you want, you can donate it to the HF on my behalf. Actually, my Dad will be buying my ticket tomorrow ($5 Tuesday) because I took him to the doctor today. I don't like it, but he insists. It should be fun though. I think my Dad will like it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I appreciate that! No need to send any cash. If you want, you can donate it to the HF on my behalf. Actually, my Dad will be buying my ticket tomorrow ($5 Tuesday) because I took him to the doctor today. I don't like it, but he insists. It should be fun though. I think my Dad will like it.
    Fair enough. There's quite a few laughs to be had, but also some serious Sci-Fi. An all around summer treat. If the final Ronan scene doesn't double you over with laughter I'll be very surprised.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This looks funny.

A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love when a movie sneaks up on me. I hadn't even heard of this.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that looks pretty fucking awesome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope it's better than Battle Los Angeles.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Why so blue? LOL You're a ray of sunshine ain't ya? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I thought that film was pretty bad. The interesting thing about Monsters: Dark Continent is that it's a sequel to the Indie film Monsters. I must say that this film looks totally different from the first film. Way more action with a blockbuster feel.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I thought that film was pretty bad. The interesting thing about Monsters: Dark Continent is that it's a sequel to the Indie film Monsters. I must say that this film looks totally different from the first film. Way more action with a blockbuster feel.
    I was just fucking with ya, brutha. Yes, it does look way better than the first one.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Exceedingly not safe for work (or home):

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-global-733123
    The director’s cut of Lars von Trier’s erotic epic Nymphomaniac will go out day-and-date across multiple platforms in several territories.

On Oct. 2, the five-and-a-half-hour cut of the film will bow theatrically, on VOD and at special festival events across North America, as well as in several European countries including Spain, the Netherlands, Poland, the Czech Republic and in Von Trier’s native Denmark.

Denmark is the only territory where the extra-long version of Nymphomaniac has been released theatrically. Elsewhere, the film was cut into two shorter films: Vol.1 and Vol.2. Von Trier’s director’s cut of Nymphomaniac Vol.1 debuted at the Berlin Film Festival this year, while his cut of Vol.2 bowed in Venice earlier this month.

The film, the story of a self-diagnosed nymphomaniac, features Charlotte Gainsbourg and Stellan Skarsgard in an all-star ensemble cast that also includes Stacy Martin, Shia LaBeouf, Uma Thurman and Willem Dafoe.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

5 1/5 hours? That just crazy. I haven't seen the film, but from what I hear he basically made a high art porno film.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen the film, but from what I hear he basically made a high art porno film.
    It might seem that way from the outset but there's always something boiling under the surface of Von Trier's films. Up front his approach seems gratuitous and self indulgent, but he's usually trying to get something across.. even if it's in a very abstract manner. He is a very gifted film maker.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast