Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vegetables

Along the Path of the Beam parsnip is on a distinguished road parsnip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default vegetables

crumbled clarity
    simple words slip in and out of consciousness
    this page is the sieve
    catching perhaps one
    in twenty
    the frequency of counter intuitiveness
    meeting blue highway
    on its way to ultra
    speeding up
    compressing

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is an intriguing little bit there parsnip. It seems to have a meaning that I can't quite work out.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

I probably should have put some sort of foreword about how I don't really think I write poetry as much as I rant.

To try and track it in my head, these were some of the things I was thinking about when I wrote it:
    The counter intuitive way wave forms are described vs. our perception of them. Like the color red being a low frequency wave form as opposed to blue. And how, even if we can mentally grasp the concept, we still just experience color.
    What a nebulous thing it is to try and describe most of our experiences, regardless of the framework language provides us.
    And how our minds sometimes move way too quickly to track or really have coherence in anything other than a subjective way. Sort of when things are understood even if they can't be seen or expressed clearly to anyone else. Which is where our understanding can both break down or be met. If that makes sense.
    I think I was also thinking about Doppler shifting.

And um...then this little vegetative rant slipped out and I liked the way it sounded.

I should probably say to anyone who ventures in here that I'm never offended by it not making sense to anyone else. Mostly I just kind of spit them out and let them shiftlessly lay about. I don't really have much of an agenda with any of them. It's mainly just a source of enjoyment as well as release for me.

(that last sentence sounds kind of dirty, doesn't it? )

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Send more, please.

Roland would have understood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I like this.

I expecially like this line:

this page is the sieve
    catching perhaps one
    in twenty
    It puts me in mind of what I was thinking of when I wrote the poem we were discussing over in my thread, except you said it much better.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, now that's just a bunch of poo. Thank you for the compliments, but there is absolutely no reason for you to undercut your work. Which you need to put up more of, btw.

Citizen of Gilead She-Oy is on a distinguished road She-Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't have to pretend to understand you. I just know I like you. : )
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Country
    Country Flag

tonight
    the fan breezes
    through clean sheets
    lulling the smell of tomatos
    still dancing the vine
    in bittersweet pulsed
    funkadelia
    and sugarsnap sway
    cool hands pooling
    the tide
    as if to prove
    a lifetime of gestures
    could soften the blow
    we all have to take one day
    as if to prove
    this day, unlike any other,
    could drown me
    like slow burned honey
    or tipped autumn sun
    in anything other than beauty

------

and blushy thank you's and right back atchoos miss lovely most femilicious she-tastic oy

Citizen of Gilead Aesculapius is on a distinguished road Aesculapius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parsnip View Post
    ...The counter intuitive way wave forms are described vs. our perception of them. Like the color red being a low frequency wave form as opposed to blue. And how, even if we can mentally grasp the concept, we still just experience color.
    What a nebulous thing it is to try and describe most of our experiences, regardless of the framework language provides us.
    And how our minds sometimes move way too quickly to track or really have coherence in anything other than a subjective way. Sort of when things are understood even if they can't be seen or expressed clearly to anyone else. Which is where our understanding can both break down or be met. If that makes sense.
    Momma told me there would be DAYS like this. SHe is coming back around, though...to put things back the way they should be. HIS story? Nah...we've had enough of that.

Country
    Country Flag

shao mao
    such cold confusion
    pulls the blinds
    where you bent through
    arched
    and determined
    with the poetry
    of all things
    small and trifling
    the sly understanding
    of cheshire in motion
    even experience
    can't describe

Country
    Country Flag

sly memory
    like a trick of light
    caught moments after impact
    blurs the conception of thought
    like some green and sticky
    event horizon
    accelerating faster
    than possible
    infinite mass
    bound to forgetfulness
    propelling history

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

ah, so K has resurfaced. Welcome back friend. It is good to see you around. oh and i like the poem. it warmed my blood just a tiny bit.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

+ Reply to Thread