PDA

View Full Version : Dark Tower Tie-Ins :spoiler:

Mitchel
12-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey, forgive me if this has been discussed / posted earlier... but I have something to observe:

We all know how King's books all tie together somehow... Richard Fannin / Ageless Stranger being Randall Flagg in The Stand; Louis Creed going to dig up Gage and noticing the Insomniac's window on in that apartment... etc...etc... etc...

Anyway, in Wolves, the second time the Ka-tet goes Todash, they see the "Vagrant Dead" in NYC. One of them was a little girl in a blue dress with her head all busted up. I think this is / was Louis Creed's cousin Ruthie from Pet Sematary. Remember that? Louis worked for his uncle, who was a mortician, and his uncles daughter (his cousin) Ruthie, was killed when some kid got the keys to a payloader and was joyriding, and crashed into the car Louis's uncle and cousin Ruthie were in, killing Ruthie.

Discuss.

Letti
12-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Interesting question. I read Pet Sematary lots of years ago and I can hardly remember it so I don't have any opinion.

(This thread is going to get moved to WoC section in some days.)

Whiskeybent
12-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey, forgive me if this has been discussed / posted earlier... but I have something to observe:

We all know how King's books all tie together somehow... Richard Fannin / Ageless Stranger being Randall Flagg in The Stand; Louis Creed going to dig up Gage and noticing the Insomniac's window on in that apartment... etc...etc... etc...

Anyway, in Wolves, the second time the Ka-tet goes Todash, they see the "Vagrant Dead" in NYC. One of them was a little girl in a blue dress with her head all busted up. I think this is / was Louis Creed's cousin Ruthie from Pet Sematary. Remember that? Louis worked for his uncle, who was a mortician, and his uncles daughter (his cousin) Ruthie, was killed when some kid got the keys to a payloader and was joyriding, and crashed into the car Louis's uncle and cousin Ruthie were in, killing Ruthie.

Discuss.

Im pretty sure that Flagg is a character in The Eyes of The Dragon as well.

Mitchel
12-30-2009, 05:21 AM
Haven't read that one yet. It'll have to go on the queue list.

JameseyLefebure
12-30-2009, 07:53 AM

Discuss.

Im pretty sure that Flagg is a character in The Eyes of The Dragon as well.

he is :) he's the villian in it :) I LOVE it when you start connecting the dot's of the S.K universe :)

Jamesey
xxx

Mitchel
12-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah... there are a LOT of little things. In Wolves of Calla, when Roland is talking to Eisenhart; Roland rolls a smoke from the fresh tobacco he got from Callahan, and Eisenhart pops a match alight with his thumbnail to light Roland's smoke... Remember Jud Crandall doing the same thing in Pet Sematary to light the Chesterfields he smoked?

"The old have their tricks..." says Lou Creed.

Letti
01-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Haven't read that one yet. It'll have to go on the queue list.

It's a really great book. SK wrote it to his children. It's like a fairytale but for that it's really good.

Sickrose
01-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I LOVE it when you start connecting the dot's of the S.K universe :) Me too :) especially when it's DT

Roland of Gilead 33
03-09-2011, 09:15 PM
ya know that's one book i've actually NEVER read from SK. i dunno why i never got around to it to be honest. but i didn't. i grew up on the film & i just LOVE the film. & i thought it was well cast. i used to have nightmares of that little boy Gage as a kid. he he. anyways. growing up watching the film even without having read the book.

i of course didn't expect it to 100% follow the book. most of the times they don't. & though since than we have gotten films that follow the book better than they used to. but either way going in watching a King movie any king movie for that matter i don't expect it to follow the book or the short story. & i'm thrilled of course when it does. & for the tie-in's i just love those.

there was a site i have NO idea if it even is still around to be honest. it wasn't this one this was back in i think the late 90's. i was surfing the web & the site was really about JUST that connections not to the DT series. but each of his various books. at the time i don't think it really occcured to the admin on that site to even acknowledge the DT references., bear in mind i may be wrong on some of that. anyways i printed it it all out. & it was like 20 or 30 pages he he. prolly LONGER NOW if the site is still around. but it may have mentioned the DT uninverse. i was going through my stuff

cleaning really. & i found these old papers i had printinted out. i had forgot that i even had the damn things. so i didn't get around to look at which site it was or what the paper said. that's why i say forgive me if i have some of the info wrong.