PDA

View Full Version : Real world places in The Dark Tower *Spoilers*

Malice
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm shocked still to find places used in The Dark Tower that are real. I have read The Road to the Dark Tower which points at one such location, but other books disecting the series might point out more I guess.

Two I know of being real are the Turtle Pocket Park and the Vacant Lot. I have seen some more that flatly creeped me out but I don't have much info on them yet so I won't post them. Anyone else find any?

Ves'Ka Gan
12-20-2009, 11:01 PM
I think this is probably better posted in Gilead, where most DT specific topics live :)

Malice
12-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Sorry, I'm new. Still trying to figure out were everything gets posted.

Randall Flagg
12-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Welcome Malice. I'll relocate this to the best area. :rose:

Hammsangwich
01-23-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm shocked still to find places used in The Dark Tower that are real. I have read The Road to the Dark Tower which points at one such location, but other books disecting the series might point out more I guess.

Two I know of being real are the Turtle Pocket Park and the Vacant Lot. I have seen some more that flatly creeped me out but I don't have much info on them yet so I won't post them. Anyone else find any?

Gage Park in Topeka is real, complete with a working children's train that runs around the park. The Zoo is close by too.

The Lovell, ME in the book is close to reality too, with Keeywadin Lake.

Roland of Gilead 33
01-24-2011, 01:37 AM
does the train remind you of "Charlie-The Choo-Choo?

Saintmatthew
02-02-2011, 09:41 AM
I've been to where the vacant lot, and later the tet corporation building is supposed to be in NY. Went NYE 2004-2005. There was a pretty cool looking building there vaguely like the illustration in Song of Susannah and a fence around a grassy/tree-filled area across the street. It was pretty strange to see it and be there.