PDA

View Full Version : The connections with Gage's shoe. *SPOILERS*

Malice
12-16-2009, 10:04 AM
I know this has probably been posted before, but how come Pet Semetery isn't listed as a DT connected book. Think about it, the shoe shows up in Insomnia, Atropos stores it in the wierd little warehouse of keepsakes he keeps after he kills someone. And almost as an omen it shows up again in Cell on a doorstep waiting for the main characters.

And there is a DT connectiong in cell anyways (IF YOU HAVEN'T READ CELL DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER) with Charley the Choo Choo showing up at the end. So that makes me wonder if Atropos was responsible for Gages death along with the deaths of main characters in Cell?

And I know this next part is a going a little to far, but in Pet Semetery could the burial ground be something like mid-worlds speaking circles. And could the windego be some sort of beam guardian or todash being.

Daghain
12-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Well, it's likely not listed in the connections because no one has written an article yet. :lol:

Welcome to the site, Malice. This thread will likely get moved to the correct forum shortly.

flaggwalkstheline
12-17-2009, 10:16 AM
I know this has probably been posted before, but how come Pet Semetery isn't listed as a DT connected book. Think about it, the shoe shows up in Insomnia, Atropos stores it in the wierd little warehouse of keepsakes he keeps after he kills someone. And almost as an omen it shows up again in Cell on a doorstep waiting for the main characters.

And there is a DT connectiong in cell anyways (IF YOU HAVEN'T READ CELL DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER) with Charley the Choo Choo showing up at the end. So that makes me wonder if Atropos was responsible for Gages death along with the deaths of main characters in Cell?

And I know this next part is a going a little to far, but in Pet Semetery could the burial ground be something like mid-worlds speaking circles. And could the windego be some sort of beam guardian or todash being.

I think the mic-mac burial grounds are indeed speaking stones
HOWEVER as we saw in the tommyknockers, they (the speaking stones) may have been created by extraterrestrial technology, whether that technology came from our dimension or not (ala from a buick 6) is unknown

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-17-2009, 07:53 PM
I dont remember any of the references to Gage's shoe in either Insomnia or Cell. It has been a long time since I read insomnia, guess I'll have to do a reread pretty soon. So much to read, so little life.

augella13
12-18-2009, 09:04 AM
I will have to reread Cell. Do not remember anything about Gage's shoe in Cell. What part is it in?

Thank you.

Malice
12-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Forgive me for not remembering the characters names. But after they run away from the crazy religious woman and go to the one main characters house to sleep the teenage girl finds it on his doorstep (I think).

Darkthoughts
02-28-2010, 10:01 AM
The way I've written the connections so far (and as Daghain said, if it's not on the connections page, it's because it hasn't been written yet :D ) I would include the part about the shoe in the Insomnia connections article and the Cell article. So basically, if a connection to another book shows up in the book you're reading - you put it in the article for the book you found it in, not in the article for the book it references...was that clear...as mud? :lol: