PDA

View Full Version : Books and Perfume??!!

pinkymcfatfat
12-16-2009, 06:41 AM
A friend introduced me to the interesting site of a company that makes perfume oil. They have a few sections devoted to perfume inspired by the work of writers. While none of it is based on the works of Mr. King, they do have a pretty extensive H.P. Lovecraft inspired section and also Neil Gaiman.

I've hinted to the hubby that I need a bottle of 'Miskatonic University'....

Here's the link to Black Phoenix Alchemy:

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/

cozener
12-16-2009, 07:43 AM
I love perfume. It totally puts the zap on my head. This just makes it hotter. :)

pinkymcfatfat
12-16-2009, 09:29 AM
If they did have a line of scents for Mr. King, I can imagine some of the discriptions...

Carrie- A delicate scent based on white prom flowers with mid-notes of soap, votive candles and luke-warm 'Constant Comment' tea. Long lasting finish of smoky charred wood and ozone.

stone, rose, unfound door
12-16-2009, 11:08 AM
If they did have a line of scents for Mr. King, I can imagine some of the discriptions...

Carrie- A delicate scent based on white prom flowers with mid-notes of soap, votive candles and luke-warm 'Constant Comment' tea. Long lasting finish of smoky charred wood and ozone.

You forgot to add a hint of pig blood :)

cozener
12-16-2009, 04:17 PM
They could do cologne to. "Gunna...for the man who knows where to put his equipment..."

pinkymcfatfat
12-16-2009, 05:18 PM
The pig blood is the secret ingredient.

Needful Things- A nostalgic fragrance smelling of antique shops, thrown apples and a hint of dog slobber. Undertones of arthritis medication and dime store magicians novelties.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Pet Sematary: A delicate bouquet of sour earth and decay, balanced with the alluring aroma of embalming fluid. A hint of diesel fumes really brings this scent together, you'll be screaming for more.

pinkymcfatfat
12-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Rose Madder- A heady scent of rose absolute and Lud meadow grass with mid-notes of poison tree sap, Minotaur musk and a slight metallic tinge of policeman's handcuffs.

Sam
12-16-2009, 09:13 PM
The Stand- The sickly sweet essence of plague and death mixed with the powerful tang of power and brimstone and and the crisp, clean, heady flavor of righteousness, with just the lightest hint of atomic radiation. One whiff and you will be repeating "My life for you" to your mate until the end of the world.

pinkymcfatfat
12-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Tom Gordon- Our new scent for the younger lady just beginning to wear perfume. A 'green' scent rendolent of pine woods, fiddlehead ferns and berries. Touched with baseball glove leather and bear fur.

Jean
12-06-2013, 12:56 AM
bear fur is absolutely the best kind of perfume!