PDA

View Full Version : Nuts and Bolts--Rules of the Fundraiser

Matt
12-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Hello All--here are the rules and regs of this year's Haven Foundation fund raiser. There have been a few changes so I hope everyone will read this.

The biggest change we have this year is we are going to be giving away items from the giveaway list bi-weekly. Yes, that is right. Every two weeks we will have a drawing for a great prize. Members eligible for that prize will be anyone who:

donated an item that was auctioned those two weeks.
bought an auctioned item
donated at least $20.00 during those two weeks.

One entry per person per cycle.

The Directors decided this would ease the end game and give a wider opportunity to those who have donated to win something cool. I will obviously be announcing the giveaway prize at the beginning of every cycle so people know what is coming up.

Hannah is coming up with a schedule for the giveaways, we will post that here.

Directors will post a drawing video each time we draw a giveaway prize so we can have some fun with it. Me and Dora will do one, then Aaron and Hannah will do one and so on.

Each and every person who donated a book, money or time to the fundraiser will be in the drawing mid May for our Grand Prize (to be announced-but I guarantee it will be cool).

Shipping for auction wins will be paid by the winner this year, we'll take steps to keep that as cheap as possible.

Total donated amount will be minus PayPal fees this year. I sure don't mind taking in checks or money orders to avoid using the service.

Our goal is going to be: $7500.00

Fundraiser will run from Jan 1st 2010 thru May 15th 2010--auctions to begin immediately on Jan 1st.

Directors are not eligible for any giveaway prizes but can participate in auctions

Hannah
12-29-2009, 10:00 AM
In the past two years we have done a great job raising money for the Haven Foundation. We have also received some really awesome donations from members and artists and authors from all over the place. A lot of the really cool items were saved for our site anniversary celebration in May, when we held drawings and gave away prizes to entrants who had participated in the fundraiser.

This year we are going to shake things up a little bit. While it has been an unbelievably rewarding and fun experience for the past two years, we feel like it had also been extremely busy and chaotic. Instead of doing a huge giveaway in May of 2010 to coincide with the site's third (can you believe it?!) anniversary, we've decided that we will do "mini" giveaways starting in January and going all the way through May, culminating in our grand prize giveaway/site anniversary party around May 19. We foresee that party being the same as it has always been, and so we hope that you'll join us in the fun via webcam and chat this time around as well.

So here is a rough draft of the schedule, to be updated and changed (if necessary).

Drawing #1: January 15, 2010 (Friday)
Drawing #2: January 31, 2010 (Sunday)
Drawing #3: February 15, 2010 (Monday)
Drawing #4: February 28, 2010 (Sunday)
Drawing #5: March 15, 2010 (Monday)
Drawing #6: March 31, 2010 (Wednesday)
Drawing #7: April 15, 2010 (Thursday)
Drawing #8: April 30, 2010 (Friday)
GRAND PRIZE Drawing: May 15, 2010 (Saturday)

All donations must be received no later than noon mst on the date of the drawing for the entry to be valid.

lophophoras
12-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Guys,

Where should donations be shipped to?

Thanks!

Matt
12-29-2009, 11:10 AM
Great question, thank you. I was going to post a thread for this.

Haven Fundraiser
c/o Matt Rayne
51 Pinetree Place
Parachute, CO 81635

I'd love anything anyone can give. :clap:

turtlex
12-31-2009, 07:52 AM
Oh, I am sooooooo looking forward to this!!

Ari_Racing
12-31-2009, 08:52 AM
How cool! :)

I'm in, of course! :)