PDA

View Full Version : King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Randall Flagg
10-11-2007, 10:40 AM
USA Today 5 questions for Stephen King (http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2007-10-10-stephen-king_N.htm?csp=34)

5. What are you writing? It's called A Very Tight Place. Not a novel but a long story. I've been writing lots of stories lately. I wonder why?

sarah
10-11-2007, 10:43 AM
thanks randall for the posting that. :)

Patrick
10-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Cool, thanks again, Jerome.

Wuducynn
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
USA Today 5 questions for Stephen King (http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/news/2007-10-10-stephen-king_N.htm?csp=34)

5. What are you writing? It's called A Very Tight Place. Not a novel but a long story. I've been writing lots of stories lately. I wonder why?

I like that King is branching out into Erotica..

MonteGss
10-11-2007, 03:27 PM
:rofl:

Patrick
10-11-2007, 08:16 PM
:doh:

Storyslinger
10-12-2007, 07:43 AM
:lol:

Randall Flagg
10-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Leonard Lopate interviews Stephen King regarding 2007 Best American Short Stories.

Link (http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/episodes/2007/10/18/segments/87292)

Stephen King on The Best American Short Stories 2007
The Best American Short Stories series is now in its 30th year, so it's fitting that one of America’s most famous writers, Stephen King, has edited the 2007 edition. He joins Leonard to share stories that reflect his own personal touch, plus works from John Barth, T.C. Boyle, William Gay, and others.

jhanic
10-18-2007, 04:18 PM
It's kind of long (about a half-hour) but interesting!

John

Randall Flagg
10-19-2007, 12:25 AM
King does mention he sold a new short story to Fantasy & Science Fiction.

Storyslinger
10-19-2007, 07:00 AM
:orely:
Intresting

Randall Flagg
11-04-2007, 07:42 PM
Martin Anderson interview with King from 1983. (http://www.denofgeek.com/comics/5950/exclusive_the_lost_stephen_king_interview_part_1.h tml)
Two parts.

In 1983, Martin interviewed Stephen King, an interview never published until now. In part one, King talks fear, cancer, Freud and the Monster In The Closet...

Click here for the second part (http://denofgeek.com/comics/5997/exclusive_the_lost_stephen_king_interview_part_2.h tml) of our exclusive interview, when Stephen King talks about upcoming movie adaptations of his books, and his dispute with Kubrick over the making of The Shining...

Matt
11-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Great interview! I love that stuff about The Shining

mae
11-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Did anyone else see what I assume is a new short documentary about King on the Biography Channel? Nothing very revealing or too interesting, but I DVR everything that's new to me about King. So was it just me or did they show some heretofore unknown fiction by King? It was during a segment talking about his early days selling stories to men's magazines, and the camera panned over several open pages and there were titles I haven't heard about, like "Bone" and one other one. Several others were well-known, like "The Blue Air Compressor". Weird...:orely:

jhanic
11-05-2007, 10:53 AM
I've never heard of a King story named "Bone".

John

mae
11-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Nor have I. If you get the Biography Channel, watch it the next time they show that Stephen King episode.

funky dredd
11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
When was it on?

mae
11-05-2007, 03:11 PM
A week or two ago. I had it DVRed but since deleted it, unfortunately. I'm sure they'll repeat it again. I'll check the schedule.

Matt
11-05-2007, 03:49 PM
I would love to know as well, I actually have that channel. :lol:

mae
11-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Doesn't look like it's scheduled again. But I wouldn't be able to make a screenshot anyway. But believe me, what I wrote is true. There were some of the older uncollected stories like "Stud City", "The Blue Air Compressor" - and then "Bone". Also what looked like a poem I didn't see before. So, very weird.

Darkthoughts
11-06-2007, 03:04 AM
Cool - cheers for that Jerome, I think I'm going to sig a quote from that too :thumbsup:

Spencer
11-10-2007, 11:54 PM
That episode was done in 2004 or so, it's a fairly old one, but usually, when they rerun Biography episodes, they usually tack a 30 second or so segment on the end to update the subject's life since the time the documentary was made.

Heather19
11-11-2007, 03:08 PM
They actually aired it on A&E as well, under a show name called something like classroom. I thought it was pretty interesting. Don't know when they'll replay it though.

Daghain
11-11-2007, 03:47 PM
If you have Comcast cable, it sometimes shows up in the freebie section for that channel. That's how I saw it the last time it was on. :D

mae
11-15-2007, 09:43 AM
SO if anyone manages to see it or record it, can you check that shot with the short stories and see if I'm not crazy?

Daghain
11-15-2007, 10:15 AM
I will see if it's still in my On Demand menu. :D

Randall Flagg
11-16-2007, 08:39 AM
King will be on ABC's Nightline tonight at 11:35 PM to discuss The Mist.

Master storyteller Stephen King gives a rare, in-depth interview to Jake Tapper of ABC's NIGHTLINE about his career, his views on politics today, and about the highly anticipated film adaptation of his novella, THE MIST.

Daghain
11-16-2007, 08:41 AM
*runs to program the DVR*

jhanic
11-16-2007, 10:08 AM
According to Bev Vincent, a full transcript of King's appearance will be available on ABCNEWS.com after the Nightline appearance:

Bev Vincent's post (http://www.bevvincent.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1195163567/1#1)

John

Daghain
11-16-2007, 10:09 AM
Excellent!

Matt
11-17-2007, 09:58 AM
I saw this last night and it was great. The Mist looks great, I'm really jazzed about the seeing it, rated R and everything.

For me though, it was just cool to see King. He looks all healed up and healthy, I seem to have this forever image of him in my mind, after that accident. He was so skinny and pale :(--I was worried we would lose him. So he looks good, that is cool.

The interviewer asked him if it was a "dark place" to be Stephen King, I thought it was idiotic. The man has a vivid imagination but that doesn't mean he also can't vividly experience love or joy along with it...just dumb. <_<

At the end, they asked about what should be his epitaph, Stephen King told him "good husband and father", I like that a lot. I think I have always understood on a very deep level that its not just about the books but about the man himself, he's a really cool dude.

jhanic
11-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Here's the link for the entire transcript:

King/Nightline transcript (http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=3872705&page=1)

John

Darkthoughts
11-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Cool - thanks for that, you can watch sound bites in the video box too :thumbsup:

Spencer
11-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks so much for the link. I totally missed the interview, and I'm glad to be able to read it.

alinda
11-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Ditto that, interesting interview

herbertwest
11-18-2007, 03:51 AM
is the video available on any other website?

Ruthful
11-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Good stuff.

I like how he brought up the Rage-Running Man comparison, which was unprompted by Tapper.

People scoff at the comparison-since it seems farcical that the Hamburg cell that perpetrated 9/11 would be sitting around reading copies of the Bachman books along with flight instruction manuals and jihadi training booklets-but it's a fair analogy.

If you're going to worry about how some disturbed individual is going to interpret an horrific scenario outlined in a work of fiction, then no controversial literature would ever be written. Maybe we should take Therese Raquin off the shelves because it might give people the inclination to drown their betrothed. And no, I'm not comparing Stephen King favorably to Emile Zola, just trying to illustrate a point.

Jimmy
11-20-2007, 05:46 AM
That was a great interview. I would ask a mod to slip in to the first post that it does contain spoilers for the movie version of The Mist though.

Storyslinger
11-20-2007, 06:37 AM
Darn, I didn't see it. Do you think I could find it online anywhere?

Ruthful
11-20-2007, 07:06 AM

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=3872705&page=1

NB: There aren't really any spoilers, although they do skirt around revealing major plot points. I guess it depends upon what you consider a "spoiler." King disbelieves in the concept altogether, so you have to take that into consideration as well, but there's no "this happens to character x," if that's what you're concerned about.

jhanic
11-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Good stuff.

I like how he brought up the Rage-Running Man comparison, which was unprompted by Tapper.

People scoff at the comparison-since it seems farcical that the Hamburg cell that perpetrated 9/11 would be sitting around reading copies of the Bachman books along with flight instruction manuals and jihadi training booklets-but it's a fair analogy.

If you're going to worry about how some disturbed individual is going to interpret an horrific scenario outlined in a work of fiction, then no controversial literature would ever be written. Maybe we should take Therese Raquin off the shelves because it might give people the inclination to drown their betrothed. And no, I'm not comparing Stephen King favorably to Emile Zola, just trying to illustrate a point.

An even more apt comparison is with Tom Clancy's Debt of Honor (1999). In that one, a disgraced Japanese pilot crashes his (empty, except for him and the body of his co-pilot) jet liner into the Capitol building during a joint session of Congress.

John

Storyslinger
11-20-2007, 07:07 AM

NB: There aren't really any spoilers, although they do skirt around revealing major plot points. I guess it depends upon what you consider a "spoiler." King disbelieves in the concept altogether, so you have to take that into consideration as well, but there's no "this happens to character x," if that's what you're concerned about.

Thank you!!!

Ruthful
11-20-2007, 07:40 AM
You're welcome.

I've never read the Tom Clancy novel you mentioned, but it's an interesting analogy.

The only Clancy work I'm familiar with is Sum of all Fears, where the Hollywood writers changed the script entirely-and created an absurd plot-line-due to pressure from CAIR and Islamist groups over here.

I did have a friend in high school, originally from Israel, who was a big Clancy fan.

Storyslinger
11-20-2007, 07:43 AM
I mentioned a Tom Clancy novel?

Jimmy
11-20-2007, 08:00 AM

Yes they do. They discuss the tone of the ending of The Mist being different from the novella.

Ruthful
11-20-2007, 09:02 AM
I mentioned a Tom Clancy novel?

Nope, I was responding to Jhanic.

Bear with me, because I'm just too lazy to type out two separate replies.

I see your point Jimmy; for people who are worried about spoilers don't look at that transcript.

See?

Storyslinger
11-20-2007, 09:03 AM
gotcha

herbertwest
11-22-2007, 03:14 PM
recently, Lilja posted a link to an interview (both transcript & video) from MTV...

here is the link (http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1574689/20071119/story.jhtml?rsspartner=rssYahooNewscrawler)

and the video is supposed to be in here (http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1574846&vid=190806)
but I cant see the video, because "copyrights restrict us from playing the video outside the US"...
does can someone "grab" the video? i'd like to see the whole interview... :-s

Randall Flagg
11-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Time interview (http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1687229,00.html)

King mentions a musical he is doing with John Cougar Mellencamp. It's slated for next June or July.

Spencer
11-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Excellent! I've heard about this for a while, nice to see it's gonna happen.

herbertwest
11-27-2007, 04:02 AM
the name of that play started to appear by 2000

Storyslinger
11-27-2007, 06:22 AM
Thats cool, thanks RF

Jimmy
11-27-2007, 07:13 AM
I wasn't aware that this was still happening. I'm afraid that it might open the floodgates of King inspired musicals though.

"Ya Don't Wanna Go Down Theyah"

This is my cat
My cat is dead
A big truck rolled over it's head

But that old guy
The one from Maine
Took me to the woods to explain

Bureh ya dotter's caet
Ennat theyah sacred groun'
Save ya'self th' trubble
a'replacin' it atthe poun'

I was so drunk
I did as he said
And now my cat it is not dead

But he was wrong
And now I'm afraid
Of this here zombie cat that I have made

I was misled
It is not fair
He should've said "Ya don't wanna go down theyah!"

Ya don't wanna go down theyah!

*Louis sings the last line and raises his hand to the sky as dancers dressed as dead pets surround him high kicking like The Rockettes.*

Randall Flagg
11-27-2007, 07:24 AM
That's pretty good Jimmy.

Jimmy
11-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Thanks. :D

Steve
11-27-2007, 09:34 AM
And the old guy says
"I'm goin to watch me some Munsters."

Patrick
11-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Niiiiice, Jimmy. :lol:

Jimmy
11-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Once again, thanks. :D

Randall Flagg
02-20-2008, 12:10 AM
Check out Lilja's (http://liljas-library.com/showinterview.php?id=52) for the an interesting King interview.
Brief excerpt:

Welcome to the first part of a three part interview I did over the phone with Stephen King last week. Once again he was kind enough to take time out of his busy schedule to talk to me and for that I’m very grateful.

This time we talked for about 30 minutes and covered things like the new book he is working on, the upcoming collection Just Past Sunset and a script he has written for The Gingerbread Girl.

We also talked about Duma Key, The Dark Tower comic, his collaboration with John Mellencamp, The Mist and The Talisman 3.

This part will be followed by two more and I really hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did doing them. It was pure pleasure talking to Stephen King.

Enjoy! / Lilja

Patrick
02-20-2008, 12:14 AM
Hey, I just got the email too! Thanks for posting the link, Jerome. :excited:

ManOfWesternesse
02-20-2008, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the link.
It's a good interview - looking froward to the rest of it.
The 'really long book...' is music to my ears!

Brice
02-20-2008, 05:41 AM
Yes, that really long book like It or The Stand stood out for me too. :dance:

Bev Vincent
02-20-2008, 06:25 AM
The rest of the interview is very cool, too -- stay posted for the next two installments.

Randall Flagg
02-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Just this first installment was much more interesting and in depth than the GMA interview. I can't wait for the next two.

Matt
02-20-2008, 07:17 AM
I totally agree, its like talking to a friend instead of Matt Lauer. :lol:

I get the feeling he is really comfortable around Lilja, makes for a great interview.

mae
02-20-2008, 07:18 AM
A very long book akin to The Stand or It is very welcome, but Duma Key wasn't a chapbook either. So I'm very glad for Stephen and his prolific output year after year, with no signs of slowing down. We now have two books in 2008, and perhaps this Stand/It book will come out in 2009, and, knowing King, perhaps another little surprise in between. Has there ever been a year with no book by Stephen King since 1974? Let's see... Only three: 1976, 1988, 2000. If you count non-fiction, then 1988 and 2000 are out. What did King do in 1976, take a sabbatical? :)

Randall Flagg
02-20-2008, 07:33 AM
I think 1976 had to do with the fact King was just emerging on the publishing world. 'Salem's Lot was released in very late 1975, and The Shining was released in very early 1976. There actually was a greater gap in publication between Carrie and 'Salem's Lot (~81 weeks) than between 'Salem's Lot and The Shining (~64 weeks).
The Limited edition of My Pretty Pony was published in 1988, and On Writing was published in 2000.

Bev Vincent
02-20-2008, 07:52 AM
King did go on a much-advertised hiatus in 1988/89. He had just published four books in a very short period of time and then hung out the "gone fishing" sign for a while to recharge his batteries.

In retrospect, the timing corresponds to the family intervention.

mae
02-20-2008, 07:53 AM
For 1988 I was counting Nightmares in the Sky, actually.

Darkthoughts
02-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Thank for that Jerome!!

A new, long book :excited:

Randall Flagg
02-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Part two (http://liljas-library.com/showinterview.php?id=53) is online.

The Stand in comic form!

MonteGss
02-21-2008, 08:32 AM
Super-cool!

Randall Flagg
02-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Part 3 is here (http://liljas-library.com/showinterview.php?id=54)

Matt
02-22-2008, 11:38 AM
It just got better and better, what a wonderful interview.

Wuducynn
02-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Bev Vincent
02-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Mellencamp, Stephen King will debut scary musical at Alliance

The king of goosebumps and a soon-to-be Rock and Roll Hall of Famer are creating a new musical that will debut at the Alliance Theatre.

Mystery writer Stephen King and Grammy Award-winning pop-music legend John Mellencamp, both newcomers to theater, will unveil the world premiere of "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" in April and May of next year, the Alliance has announced.

"It is John Mellencamp's musical style and it's Stephen King's gothic style, and I just thought it was too cool to pass up," Alliance artistic director Susan V. Booth says.

Set in 1957, "Ghost Brothers" centers on a simmering 40-year-old legend about the strange deaths of two brothers and a beautiful young girl in the fictional town of Lake Belle Reve, Miss.

Booth says it's too soon to say if the show will transfer to Broadway but that commercial producers will be charting the musical's progress. In a recent Rolling Stone interview, Mellencamp said, "If it goes well in Atlanta, then we'll come to Broadway. If it don't go well in Atlanta, we're done."

Mellencamp, who has been working on the piece for eight years, is to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on March 10.

Booth said the idea for "Ghost Brothers" came from a story Mellencamp heard as a youth in his hometown of Seymour, Ind. When the writer of hits "Jack and Diane" and "Hurts So Good" decided to turn the material into a musical, he realized he needed a book writer.

At that point, Booth says, Mellencamp thought: "Wait, it's a ghost story. Who's the best ghost story writer there is? So his people talked to Stephen King's people, and now they are buddies and they have written this musical together."

Booth describes the show as "a theatrical piece with music." There will be a live band onstage, and New York director Peter Askin will direct. Askin's credits include Eve Ensler's "The Good Body" and John Leguizamo's "Sexaholix" on Broadway and John Cameron Mitchell's "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" off-Broadway.

"John and Stephen have the kinds of names and reputations that are going to attract people's curiosity," Askin says, "and the fact that they have not worked in theater before is an interesting thing."

He describes the musical style as zydeco. "It's Southern and it's kind of country."

"Ghost Brothers" will join an impressive list of new musicals to play the Alliance since Booth arrived in 2001. "The Color Purple," "Sister Act: The Musical" and "The Women of Brewster Place" have all helped put the Alliance on the national map. Last year, the Alliance won the regional Tony Award for sustained excellence.

The Alliance is expected to announce the rest of its 2008-2009 season this week.

CyberGhostface
03-08-2008, 01:54 PM
http://media.npr.org/images/podcasts/primary/npr_wwdtm_image_300.jpg

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=149390

Here's a link to the interview provided by Randall Flagg

King Talking about The Dark Tower and Marvel for NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=88144942&m=88144934)

Bev Vincent
03-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Legendary author Stephen King will give a live interview to discuss the state of comics tied to the release of Marvel Comics’ Dark Tower: The Long Road Home, the second story arc in his ground-breaking epic series Dark Tower on NPR’s esteemed program Talk of The Nation this Wednesday, March 12th from 2:30-3:00 PM EST.

“Marvel Publishing is grateful to Stephen for taking the time out of his busy schedule to talk about The Dark Tower comic series and comic books as a whole,” says Ruwan Jayatilleke, Marvel Entertainment Vice President of Development. “We’re excited that this will offer a chance to introduce this phenomenal epic---and medium of entertainment--- to NPR’s listeners as well as reward loyal Dark Tower fans with some highly entertaining radio!”

The second installment of the best-selling, critically acclaimed comic book series hit stores on March 5th with the continuing saga of the last Gunslinger in Dark Tower: The Long Road Home. The series reunites the all-star creative team of Dark Tower expert Robin Furth, The New York Times best-selling author Peter David, Eisner Award-winning artist Jae Lee and fan favorite illustrator Richard Isanove, who turned the first series Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Born into the comic book event of 2007 -- making it one of the year’s top selling series.

Exploring a chapter in Roland's life that is only hinted at in the novels, Dark Tower: The Long Road Home is the must-have that no comic book or Dark Tower fan can miss, and no fan of comics can afford to miss King’s live interview on NPR!

To check local listings, please visit http://www.npr.org.

jayson
03-09-2008, 12:27 PM
thanks for the info Bev. i know my npr station, and prob most, carry this program online if not in their actual broadcast schedules.

Matt
03-09-2008, 04:41 PM
We have a local station, I am going to find out if this is playing.

Thanks Bev. :rock:

blackrose22
03-09-2008, 07:10 PM
What time is that in GMT for Ireland and the UK?

obscurejude
03-09-2008, 09:37 PM
I listen to NPR all the time. I heard the interview that King did about Lisey's Story. Thanks for the info Bev.

John Blaze
03-10-2008, 01:56 AM
what OJ said, Bev. thanks!

John Blaze
03-10-2008, 02:09 AM
http://www.npr.org/stations/

you can go here to search your area code (in the US) for which stations near you will carry it.

Randall Flagg
03-10-2008, 05:57 AM
GMT is 4 hours later, so 6:30-7PM GMT.

blackrose22
03-10-2008, 08:58 AM
GMT is 4 hours later, so 6:30-7PM GMT.
Thanks Randall for the time info. Going to set a reminder on my cell phone so I don't forget.

Ruthful
03-10-2008, 09:45 AM
That would be their FM station over here.

BTW, is this going to be "live" live-in other words, where people can call in and pose screened questions-or a prerecorded segment, a la Leonard Lopate, Morning Edition, etc..?

http://www.onthemedia.org/transcripts/2007/05/25/06

Wuducynn
03-10-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm going to call in and ask King his favorite question asked of him..."So, where do you get all your whacky ideas??"

Ruthful
03-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Roffles.

jayson
03-10-2008, 11:07 AM
thanks, you stole my question. :lol:

Randall Flagg
03-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks Cyber.
I am going to merge this-with a re-direct to the Oracle, where there is an official announcement.
Thanks once again.

Wuducynn
03-11-2008, 06:49 AM
I checked NPR's interweb site and they do archive their shows so for those of us who miss it,( which will probably be most of us) will be able to listen to it the next day.

Matt
03-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Can't wait for that link! Its going to be on during my work hours here. :(

John Blaze
03-11-2008, 07:42 AM
yeah, like a dumbass I signed up to work Overtime tomorrow.

so that link is going to come in handy.

Randall Flagg
03-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Listened to and enjoyed the interview.
King mentioned that Marvel will do 'The Stand' as a series of graphic novels.

Wuducynn
03-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Any juicy tid-bits regarding the Dark Tower comic books?

Randall Flagg
03-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Not really.
I submitted questions via e-mail but they didn't use them.

Randall Flagg
03-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Interview Link:
http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=88144942&m=88144934

blackrose22
03-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks for putting up the link for the interview with SK. I completely forgot all about this so I missed the broadcast. Enjoyed the interview but thought it could have a bit more in depth. Still good to hear that The Stand is been made into a graphic novel too.

Matt
03-12-2008, 03:10 PM
I do like hearing the man talk about Roland though. :lol:

Very cool stuff, thanks for the link Jerome.

alinda
03-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Yes thanks Jerome,it was very good.
I did have some issues with my connection
that made it frustrating, it kept cutting off
and on....but what I managed to hear was
terrific, and your right Matt, it was fun to
hear him talk about Roland.:clap:

Randall Flagg
03-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Perhaps I am daft, but I was suprised to hear Roland's last name (Deschain) pronounced as Des-(chain-as in metal links welded together) Chain.
I always thought it was a soft 'CH' as in Des-Shane.

Daghain
03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Me too! That was weird. I thought it was De-shane.

And we get the definitive pronunciation for Alain as well - Al-ane.

Ruthful
03-13-2008, 04:37 AM
I've always thought it was pronounced that way. I was much more surprised when I learned how Cuthbert was pronounced a few years ago. Great interview though.

Wuducynn
03-13-2008, 05:13 AM
Funny thing is, I'm sure I've heard King pronounce it "De-shane" in the past, so maybe he's decided "dez-chain" works better for him. Anyway, fun interview, I wish it was longer, like two hours! :D

Brice
03-13-2008, 05:14 AM
Me too. :D

It's rather interesting to hear how much this guy mispronounces the names in the books.

Wuducynn
03-13-2008, 05:18 AM
Well they're his characters so he's the one who says how they're pronounced.. ;)

Brice
03-13-2008, 05:20 AM
Well they're his characters so he's the one who says how they're pronounced.. ;)

Nope, he is wrong. If I could have called in I'd have told him. :cyclops:

Wuducynn
03-13-2008, 05:21 AM
Oh. Okay then.

Brice
03-13-2008, 05:22 AM

And you are right he has changed his pronounciation of Deschain.

jayson
03-13-2008, 05:44 AM
i can tell you the one thing i didn't like was hearing him talk about a potential movie version as if only a trilogy would do. that sounds a LOT like four movies too few. now, i know i am firmly against any movie, but hypothetically, if it's to be done, it's to be done right, and King's idea of a trilogy being right is not in line with how I see it. i wonder why he feels they should try to condense 7 books into 3 movies. i know there are film threads, but this is more a response to king's actual statement in the interview. and yes, he used to say it "de-shane"

Brice
03-13-2008, 05:46 AM
i can tell you the one thing i didn't like was hearing him talk about a potential movie version as if only a trilogy would do. that sounds a LOT like four movies too few. now, i know i am firmly against any movie, but hypothetically, if it's to be done, it's to be done right, and King's idea of a trilogy being right is not in line with how I see it. i wonder why he feels they should try to condense 7 books into 3 movies. i know there are film threads, but this is more a response to king's actual statement in the interview. and yes, he used to say it "de-shane"

I think it's more important to remember that he doesn't think it'll happen. :)

I wonder what made him say that though. Maybe the J.J Abrahms thing fell through? :orely:

jayson
03-13-2008, 05:52 AM
Maybe the J.J Abrahms thing fell through? :orely:

you mean prayer does work? :lol:

Wuducynn
03-13-2008, 06:08 AM
Lets not start talking about a Dark Tower movie/s. I can't stand the idea.

Bev Vincent
03-13-2008, 06:12 AM
Footnote 4 from the introduction to The Road to the Dark Tower: King pronounces Roland’s last name “dess chain.”

Bev Vincent
03-13-2008, 06:14 AM
Maybe the J.J Abrahms thing fell through?

The "thing" is just a loose agreement to allow them to come up with a plan. They don't have an option yet, per se, because they haven't presented King with a plan.

Matt
03-13-2008, 06:20 AM
Footnote 4 from the introduction to The Road to the Dark Tower: King pronounces Roland’s last name “dess chain.”

Its always pronounced that way in audio versions as well.

jayson
03-13-2008, 06:22 AM

certainly not in all the audio versions. guidall says "de-shane" not "des-chain". now, i would say king is "right" it is his character afterall.

Brice
03-13-2008, 06:33 AM
Maybe the J.J Abrahms thing fell through? :orely:

you mean prayer does work? :lol:

Apparently even agnostic prayer. :lol:

Maybe the J.J Abrahms thing fell through?

The "thing" is just a loose agreement to allow them to come up with a plan. They don't have an option yet, per se, because they haven't presented King with a plan.

:clap: I'd just gotten the impression that it was something more concrete. I don't really know why. I guess I just assumed we wouldn't even know about it till they were at least seriously planning it.

Matt
03-13-2008, 06:36 AM

certainly not in all the audio versions. guidall says "de-shane" not "des-chain". now, i would say king is "right" it is his character afterall.

Hmmm...I may have just been hearing it since I was used to it. I just listened to #1 and he read it. Could have sworn he pronounced it that way. :orely:

jayson
03-13-2008, 06:37 AM

Hmmm...I may have just been hearing it since I was used to it. I just listened to #1 and he read it. Could have sworn he pronounced it that way. :orely:

listening to part of 7 right now and he def doesn't emphasize the CH part, it's more like an SH. maybe he varies it as he goes.

Bev Vincent
03-13-2008, 06:38 AM
I'd just gotten the impression that it was something more concrete. I don't really know why. I guess I just assumed we wouldn't even know about it till they were at least seriously planning it.

The main reason we know about it is because EW covered the LOST team's visit to King in Maine to talk about the show and the Dark Tower. Abrams has mentioned it in interviews, too, but he's never said anything other than "we have this Dark Tower thing," as if it's vague and far in the future and, perhaps, they haven't really stopped to think about it in any detail.

Randall Flagg
03-13-2008, 06:53 AM
The earliest mention of Deschain, (to my knowledge) is in Little Sisters of Eluria. King didn't read that.

Matt
03-13-2008, 06:57 AM
I understand that, I just meant that in all the audio versions I have heard, it was pronounced that way. :couple:

And I am not sure that could be considered "earliest" when it is mentioned in the first book and that was the one that was written first.

Ruthful
03-13-2008, 07:14 AM
Besides, "DEH-SHAYNE?"

C'mon, people. Do you really want our anti-hero/hero to sound like a castoff from a failed country-Western band that auditioned for American Idol?

Let's be realistic.

Wuducynn
03-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Yes?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-24-2008, 05:01 AM
The earliest mention of Deschain, (to my knowledge) is in Little Sisters of Eluria. King didn't read that.

The first mention of Deschain is in Wizard and Glass.

Randall Flagg
03-24-2008, 06:06 AM
You are correct.

Daghain
03-24-2008, 09:06 AM
We didn't get Roland's last name until WaG? Really? Wow.

Matt
03-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Its in the revised Gunslinger for sure.

Daghain
03-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah, but the Revised doesn't count. :lol:

jon10g
04-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Does anyone know what has happened to this book of SK interviews called Stephen King Spills The Beans by Tim Underwood. The last I heard it was being published in January 2008 but I have heard no more.
Thanks
Jon

Daghain
04-29-2008, 08:16 AM
I tried to get one from Overlook Connection awhile back, but they were out and said they aren't getting any more.

Spencer
05-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I've never heard of this one. anyone have any specifics on it?

Randall Flagg
05-03-2008, 05:38 AM
I've never heard of this one. anyone have any specifics on it?

ISBN: 9781599290157Publisher: Underwood Books (http://www.buy.com/search/q/loc/106/search_store/3/querytype/book_publisher/quType/5/qu/underwood+books.html)Buy.com Sales Rank: 106953 Stephen King has plenty to say -- and not just about his extraordinary career as an author. His opinions on everything from Herman Melville to Roman Catholicism are chronicled in these collected interviews, ranging from 1973 to the present. A keen observer and a nearly encyclopedic resource on music and film, King's thoughts on literature, art, and the world are as fascinating as his fiction. King offers a glimpse into his own creative processes, his reasons for being a writer, and discusses the methods he uses to scare us out of our wits. "Stephen King Spills the Beans" compiles over 30 years worth of thought-provoking insight from one of our most beloved, popular, and significant authors.

Bev Vincent
05-06-2008, 02:08 AM
King-Mellencamp musical postponed in Atlanta

ATLANTA (AP) — A musical by John Mellencamp and Stephen King, scheduled to be produced next season in Atlanta, has been postponed, the Alliance Theatre announced Monday.

The Alliance announced in February that "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County," with music by Mellencamp and a book by horror master King, would open in April 2009, with the object of preparing it for a Broadway run.

The Alliance notified subscribers on Monday that the project has been delayed because of "unanticipated scheduling problems which could not be resolved in time for the production."

Members of the creative team "realized the script would not be ready by spring 2009," the statement said.

In the February announcement, the Alliance described the play as "a sultry Southern gothic mystery with a blues-tinged, guitar-driven score." Peter Askin was announced as the director.

The story is set in the fictional town of Lake Belle Reve, Miss., and centers on the deaths in 1957 of two brothers and a young girl and the legend that grows out of the tragedy.

The Alliance said it now hopes to produce the show during its 2009-2010 season.

On the Net: Alliance Theatre: http://www.alliancetheatre.org

Disturbed Angel
05-11-2008, 10:47 PM
I have never heard of this.

I just did a search on Amazon UK and USA, couldn't find it at all on USA site and UK site says out of stock, and unknown if they getting anymore :arg:

I also looked at eBay, couldn't find it on there either, but I did find this: Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished by Rocky Wood

Anyone heard of this and have any info on it?

herbertwest
05-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Stephen KING: Uncollected, Unpublished
http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/wood01

jhanic
05-12-2008, 03:41 AM
I also have a proof of this (Rocky Woods' book). It's very informative and entertaining.

John

Disturbed Angel
05-12-2008, 06:11 AM
Thanks guys I might just have to buy it then :D

Matt
09-04-2008, 07:44 AM
Posted by Ms. Mod on the SKMB.

SK Interview (http://www.stephenking.com/stephens_messages.html)

Tiffany
09-04-2008, 07:52 AM
:lol: Awesome. Thanks, Matt!

CRinVA
09-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Good Stuff - thanks Matt! its good to know that N is ~21K words because the twenty-five 2 minute videos definitely was not. In fact, within the two minutes in most cases was about 1 min to 1 min 10 seconds of story! I am looking foreward to reading the story!

Daghain
09-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Me too! And I love that King interviewed himself. That was priceless!

herbertwest
09-04-2008, 10:10 AM
really funny!

inertia1215
09-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Wow, that was really cool reading that. Thanks for the link Matt!

jayson
09-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks for posting Matt.
This makes the second time in recent months that someone important to me has interviewed themselves (the first was Tom Waits before his recent tour). I seem to find it more interesting than most questions "real" interviewers ask.

Nerak
09-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks Matt

lophophoras
09-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Gotta love him!

alinda
09-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks Matt :clap:

The Lady of Shadows
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
:nana:

Ricky
09-04-2008, 04:36 PM
I absolutely loved that interview. It was hysterical! I even printed out a copy and am going to put it on my bulletin board. :)

Unfound One
09-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Ha, he has a great sense of humor. And he likes Katy Perry. And boy bands....?
:lol: I love Stephen King.
Thanks for posting that Matt!

nt07077
09-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Awesome!

Randall Flagg
09-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I certainly hope that at some later point King doesn't claim to have been misquoted.:P

The Lady of Shadows
09-05-2008, 05:00 PM
god, i hope he was misquoted about the boyband! :lol:

Bev Vincent
10-23-2008, 02:23 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/frenzfishcrowkb0.jpghttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/logo_salon.jpgStephen King's God Trip

On the 30th anniversary of "The Stand," the novelist confesses what haunts him about religion and today's politics.

You've got the unpopular war, economic problems, gasoline problems. Whatever goes around, comes around. The Stand even says that. Life is like a wheel. Sooner or later, it always come around to where you started again.

Americans are apocalyptic by nature.

There's that scene in "The Dead Zone" where Johnny Smith sees Greg Stillson in the future starting a nuclear war. Around my house we kinda laugh when Sarah Palin comes on TV, and we say, "That's Greg Stillson as a woman."

I'm particularly interested in the idea that in the New Testament, you're suggesting a moral code that's actually enlightened.

I think it's whatever you think you're going to get.

Click Here to View the Entire Interview (http://www.salon.com/books/int/2008/10/23/stephen_king/)

Quotes Courtesy of www.salon.com

turtlex
10-23-2008, 02:33 AM
Stephen King's God trip (http://www.salon.com/books/int/2008/10/23/stephen_king/)

On the 30th anniversary of "The Stand," the novelist confesses what haunts him about religion and today's politics.

Thanks Bev.

( Wow. Has it really been 30 years since The Stand? That was my first King book )

ManOfWesternesse
10-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Interesting article/interview. Thanks Bev.

Questions of politics are never very far away in "The Stand." Once the plague has come and gone, society has to be reformed. Do you think of it as a political novel, in any sense?

I did see it that way. I've always been a political novelist, and those things have always interested me. "Firestarter" is a political novel. "The Dead Zone" is a political novel. There's that scene in "The Dead Zone" where Johnny Smith sees Greg Stillson in the future starting a nuclear war. Around my house we kinda laugh when Sarah Palin comes on TV, and we say, "That's Greg Stillson as a woman."

Nerak
10-23-2008, 05:39 AM
Thanks, Bev! That was cool!

Daghain
10-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Good article. Thanks for posting that, Bev!

CyberGhostface
10-23-2008, 08:09 AM
So is Stephen King agnostic?

mae
10-23-2008, 08:29 AM

He's a Democrat. :couple:

Aaron
10-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Adding this to the Current News page.

Matt
10-23-2008, 12:27 PM
The News page looks GREAT Aaron :clap:

mae
10-23-2008, 01:12 PM
It's a great interview, too. King is really philosophical. Can't wait to read Just After Sunset, as some of the stories will be new to me (read The Gingerbread Girl, Harvey's Dream, Rest Stop, Stationary Bike, Willa, Mute, and Ayana - so roughly half). And I'm uber-excited about Under the Dome.

ladysai
10-23-2008, 04:23 PM
( Wow. Has it really been 30 years since The Stand? That was my first King book )
That surprised me as well.
Time flies, eh?
:)

He's a Democrat. :couple:

Thanks for the link, Bev.
You're so good about keeping us posted on King news.
:huglove:

LadyHitchhiker
10-23-2008, 04:49 PM
The Stand and the Tower books are my favorite works of SK's of all time.

And I really appreciate his view on the afterlife. I absolutely can dig that.

Hannah
01-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Stephen King's five picks to read. I found this really interesting, as I haven't read any of the books on the list.

Angelicaby Arthur Phillips

Water for Elephants
by Sara Gruen

The Yiddish Policemen's Union
by Michael Chabon

The Store
by Bentley Little

The Poet
by Michael Connelly

The full article can be found here: http://www.borders.com/online/store/ArticleView_shortlistking?cmpid=SL_20090122_REW

flaggwalkstheline
01-22-2009, 09:45 AM
hmm havent heard of most of those but its cool that SK likes Bentley Little, little is such an amazing horror writer

Daghain
01-22-2009, 09:53 AM
I can vouch for Water for Elephants. Excellent book. :thumbsup:

Bev Vincent
01-22-2009, 11:10 AM
The Poet is probably Michael Connelly's best novel--and that's saying a lot, because he's a terrific crime writer.

King was reading a Bentley Little novel just before he was struck by the van in 1999.

herbertwest
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM
he also wrote an introduction for The Poet

CRinVA
01-22-2009, 01:44 PM
I'll also vouch for Water for Elephants - and excellent book!. Lots of people liked The Yiddish Policemen's Union but I didn't care for it at all! :-(

I have been meaning to read The Poet, but just haven't gotten around to it! :-)

I also haven't read an Bentley Little, but also on my to read list!

Right now most of my reading is listening to audio books and the Robert Jordan Wheel of Time series is killing me! I love it but is it ever long! So far I am on Book Six and have listened to approx 180 CDs! Yes I said 180!

Heather19
01-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Water for Elephants has been on my to-read list for awhile. I think I might bump it up to next in line.

As for Bentley Little, I'm really surprised to see one of his on there. While I haven't read that one, I have read one of his others, and after that one I don't ever plan to touch another Little book again.

gsvec
01-23-2009, 08:12 PM
I loved The Poet - a great read as is most of Connelly's work, IMO.

Darkthoughts
01-24-2009, 05:23 AM
I quite often read books that King recommends on his site. Not read any of the above, except Water For Elephants - and like SK, Daggers and CR I also highly recommend it :cool:

Brice
01-29-2009, 08:26 AM
I really liked The Store, but then I like Little alot.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
02-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Is The Poet part of the Connelly series, or is it a stand alone novel? I havent read any of the series yet, and dont want to jump in somewhere in the middle.

Bev Vincent
03-06-2009, 09:04 AM
It's good to be the King
Stephen King joins USA WEEKEND's honor roll of American Icons. He's so good at what he does -- it's scary.

http://www.usaweekend.com/09_issues/090308/images/090308cover.jpg

>>> Interview (http://www.usaweekend.com/09_issues/090308/090308king.html)

Daghain
03-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Love that cover pic. :)

Brice
03-06-2009, 09:11 AM
Me too. I have to get a couple copies. :dance:

pixiedark76
03-06-2009, 03:05 PM
I will have to tell my parents to save this for me. I don't get the paper. I will tell them to put it in a plastic bag and keep it safe for me. I will also tell them not to read it or touch it and they better not wrinkle it either!

Matt
03-06-2009, 03:22 PM

That sounds like a great plan

Bev Vincent
05-08-2009, 01:19 PM
The Flu, Stephen King, and You (http://men.style.com/gq/blogs/gqeditors/2009/05/the-flu-stephen.html)

sarajean
05-08-2009, 02:40 PM
:thumbsup:

thanks for sharing.

Daghain
05-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Yeah, thanks Bev. Great article.

gsvec
05-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I enjoyed it, too - thanks, Bev! Anyone from the site responsible for the Mother Abagail comments? :lol:

Brice
05-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah, that amused the hell out of me. :lol:

Darkthoughts
05-09-2009, 02:01 AM
That was brilliant, cheers Bev.

Bev Vincent
11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
King on King: His 10 Longest Novels (http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1934180_1934196,00.html)

biomieg
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks a lot for posting that link, Bev! I especially loved King's remarks on IT and Desperation.

Bev Vincent
11-10-2009, 09:31 AM
King on GMA (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/) -- scroll down to "Steven King's Latest Nailbiter" (sic)

jhanic
11-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks for posting that, Bev. I tutor first-grade reading in one of our urban schools on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, so I missed the broadcast.

John

Bev Vincent
11-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Here's a more direct link (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/under-the-dome-stephen-king-new-book/story?id=9033147). It's also in the Multimedia section of King's site.

Bev Vincent
11-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Wolf Blitzer discusses his cameo in Under the Dome (http://news.turner.com/video_display.cfm?video_id=4848) plus an excerpt from tomorrow's interview that airs during Robin Meade's program on Headline News.

Bev Vincent
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Blood and guts, gore and fear, and a great conversationalist (http://mxp.blogs.cnn.com/2009/11/13/blood-and-guts-gore-and-fear-and-a-great-conversationalist/) -- Robin Meade talks about King's visit to HLN.

Bev Vincent
12-02-2009, 02:53 AM
The bit King taped on Nov. 11th for The Colbert Report is tentatively scheduled to air on the show on December 7th.

Sam
12-02-2009, 03:04 AM
I've asked Marsha about that Bev. She said on Monday the 6th, which clearly can't be since Monday is the 7th. Do you know which it is?

I sent the PM to her last night so I know she hasn't seen it yet.

Bev Vincent
12-02-2009, 03:13 AM
The ScribnerBooks tweet says December 7th, so I guess that's Monday, Dec 7th.

Bev Vincent
12-03-2009, 10:10 AM
King reads from Under the Dome and answers questions in New Hampshire (http://www.nhpr.org/wordofmouth)

Ari_Racing
12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Several of the NY Times event videos can be seen at youtube.com

Nerak
12-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks for posting that Bev, I was just comin in here to do it.

Bev Vincent
12-18-2009, 06:17 AM
A great local news report on NECN (http://www.necn.com/Boston/Arts-Entertainment/2009/12/17/Stephen-King-finds-inspiration/1261082830.html) about Steve's visit to Bridgton and the connections between that town and Chester's Mill.

mae
12-18-2009, 06:57 AM
I posted it last night in another thread with The Colbert Report: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=9849

thebumblerinblack
03-06-2010, 11:51 PM
I thought this would be a good idea, a thread of any random Stephen King television (or web) interviews. Its always great to hear how an author feels about their own story, from their own mouths. It's fun to hear Mr. King talk anytime, actually, with that charming Maine accent of his. I thought this would be a good video to start out with, especially for those of us going through Conan withdrawals. Its from 2005, and he's plugging the Colorado Kid.

YouTube- Stephen King - Conan O'Brien

And here's a more recent one from The Colbert Report. Hilarious, if you havent seen it, you otta'.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/258583/december-16-2009/better-know-a-stephen---stephen-king

p.s. sorry if there's already a thread like this. If there is we'll just move it on over. Thankee sai, and long days and pleasent nights.

Matt
03-07-2010, 03:19 AM
I think this is a great idea bumbler. I think the thread will survive but it may get moved to the TV forum.

thebumblerinblack
03-07-2010, 03:23 AM
Thanks a lot, Matt! Yeah move it wherever it should go, I wasnt sure where to put it, really.

thebumblerinblack
03-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Here's a pretty funny interview from The View. Man, Whoopi's funny, but Joy Behar is ridiculously annoying. And what's with the guy host? I thought you had to have an ol' vaginer to be a host on that show.

YouTube- Stephen King - The View

alinda
03-07-2010, 03:42 PM
...I just can't say what's on my mind.....great thread idea tho'.:wtf:

thebumblerinblack
03-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Awesome interview taken about 5 months after he was hit by a van. Poor guy, he looks so emaciated (I cant help but think of him in rugged Roland garb, the way he looks in this interview). Just think how different TDT would have been had he not been struck. I'm so glad he survived. Not just because he's written a lot of great stories since, but because he's a fellow human (which this video really made apparent) and I hope for the best for all the goodns' out there.

YouTube- Stephen King Interview - The Today Show (1999)

herbertwest
03-09-2010, 11:54 PM
This thread is a really good idea...

Brice
03-10-2010, 02:27 AM
I already love this thread.

thebumblerinblack
03-10-2010, 02:34 AM
Thanks, guys! Pop a clip on up there if ya kennit.

thebumblerinblack
03-10-2010, 10:48 AM
This is awesome, and true...
YouTube- Stephen King: Storytelling

and here's kind of a follow up on the accident interview. It's kind of long, but its a good one, and it gets a little eerie around 1:15.
YouTube- Stephen King on Early Show 2001

mae
03-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Great stuff, guys. Long live the Tube!

thebumblerinblack
03-15-2010, 10:08 PM
A cool interview from mid 80's, so funny on part of it he says he made some kids cry on halloween and didn't care.

YouTube- Stephen King profile

SigTauGimp
03-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Genius idea for a thread.

It's a blast to watch these interviews, and, like stated above, hear that Maine dialect. :D

SigTauGimp
03-16-2010, 12:02 AM
This is awesome, and true...
YouTube- Stephen King: Storytelling (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxHMw7hH0ww)

QFT.

I love this little interview...do you know when it was taped?

thebumblerinblack
03-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Thanks a lot, SigTauGimp!!
I dont know the exact date, but 2008, because he's talking about Duma Key in this other part from the same interview.

YouTube- Stephen King: Duma Key (long)

SigTauGimp
03-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Here's a clip from BBC where King talks about his opinion of labels...I love this. :D

Stephen King - Labels

Ari_Racing
03-17-2010, 06:28 PM
If anyone is interested, via Torrent one can grab The Colbert Report episode where King was in top quality. :)

thebumblerinblack
03-18-2010, 06:39 PM
Addict the children early! Here's some more great stuff from the interview you posted up there, S.T. Gimp. This is crazy 'cause I remember my mom reading dr. jeckel and mr. hyde to my brother and I when we were little. I remember it because my mom said "Oh my God" while reading it, and strong christain woman that she is, she never took lord's name in vain, and it kind of shocked me.

YouTube- Stephen King's family of writers - Mark Lawson Talks to: Stephen King - BBC

thebumblerinblack
03-23-2010, 10:37 PM
A cool interview. He talks a lot about short stories and novellas, and the difference between the two. That King, he's one badass bastid'.

YouTube- STEPHEN KING on Writing, Scary Stories, and More

SigTauGimp
03-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Nice one, thebumblerinblack...have you been able to find any King interviews talking about the Dark Tower? I've searched just about everywhere, to no avail.

thebumblerinblack
03-24-2010, 10:32 AM
woah, that is weird, Sig. I couldn't find one either. What the hell's that about, I wonder?

herbertwest
04-11-2010, 09:00 AM
STEPHEN KING about WHO MADE WHO :

YouTube- AC\DC STEPHEN KING INTERVIEW ABOUT WHO MADE WHO RARE !

thebumblerinblack
04-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Wow, nice one! I love SK's cool-guy slouch.

Bev Vincent
04-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Here's an hour-long video of King's recent Florida appearance (http://www.charlottecountyfl.com/library/BigRead/). During it, he reads the rare short story "The Old Dude's Ticker" from NECON XX.

herbertwest
05-04-2010, 12:23 PM
Today on Word of Mouth, Virginia's conversation with Stephen King, the "master of horror" and author of over 50 novels, including his most recent work, Under the Dome. He visited The Music Hall in Portsmouth, NH, for the "Writers on a New England Stage" series. He reads from his newest work and talks about his books, film adaptations, and his career.

http://www.nhpr.org/node/32272

sarah
05-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Stephen King to appear on FX show. (http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/05/06/exclusive-stephen-king-to-appear-on-sons-of-anarchy/)

Stephen King will make a special appearance on Sons of Anarchy when the biker drama returns for a third season on FX this September. King, who is a columnist for Entertainment Weekly, will play a quiet loner who appears in Gemma’s (Katey Sagal) time of need. The producers learned that King was a fan of the drama, so they reached out to the author for a possible cameo. King will appear in the third episode.
Sons generated a lot of momentum in its second season, averaging 4.5 million total viewers and 3.16 million adults between the ages of 18-49. It ranked as the most-watched basic cable scripted series of the year in men 18-49 and was the second most watched among adults 18-49. Among all returning series - on cable and broadcast - Sons also showed the largest season-to-season growth in adults 18-49 (+81 percent), men 18-49 (+80 percent) and total viewers (+72 percent).

mae
05-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Today on Word of Mouth, Virginia's conversation with Stephen King, the "master of horror" and author of over 50 novels, including his most recent work, Under the Dome. He visited The Music Hall in Portsmouth, NH, for the "Writers on a New England Stage" series. He reads from his newest work and talks about his books, film adaptations, and his career.

http://www.nhpr.org/node/32272

The full event is here: http://www.nhpr.org/node/28143

Bev Vincent
06-08-2010, 05:36 AM
King phoned in to surprise Justin Cronin (author of The Passage) on Good Morning America today. Video should be available at the show's site later on today and via a link at King's message board.

Ari_Racing
06-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I was able to download it. If anyone wants it, please drop me an email to arielracing at gmail dot com

mae
06-08-2010, 11:43 AM
You can watch the segment here: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/passage-justin-cronin/story?id=10827644

Bev Vincent
09-16-2010, 02:44 AM
More photos (http://www.daemonstv.com/2010/09/15/sons-of-anarchy-season-3-episode-3-photos-with-stephen-king/) from Steve's upcoming cameo on Sons of Anarchy:

http://media.daemonstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/sons-of-anarchy-caregiver-02.jpg

Bev Vincent
09-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Steve appears briefly at the 20-21 sec mark:

YouTube - Sons of Anarchy on FX - Caregiver

mae
09-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the reminder, Bev. I'd forgotten about this as I don't watch the show but I'll set the DVR now.

Ari_Racing
09-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Fresh news (Just sent it to Lilja :) )

Kurt Sutter, the creator of Sons of Anarchy said that the character Stephen King plays is named BACHMAN.

"spread da word, master of horror stars in next week's ep. stephen king is creepily brilliant in 303. character's name is bachman. get it??"

Matt
09-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Ack! I'm catching up on these on DVD. Not watching current season. :cry:

Someday I'll get to see Bachman.

Bev Vincent
09-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Interview on the set of Sons of Anarchy on FX - Caregiver

Bev Vincent
09-22-2010, 05:47 PM
The interview Alina Cho recently did with King about ebooks will air on CNN on Thursday, September 23rd at 7:20 AM and 8:24 AM Eastern. This may vary with your local provider.

Bev Vincent
09-23-2010, 07:21 AM
Author Stephen King gives his take on the ebook industry. CNN's Alina Cho reports (http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/living/2010/09/23/dnt.cho.ebook.kill.hardcover.cnn)

herbertwest
09-24-2010, 11:21 AM
From the interview :

If you drop your book in the toilets, you can fish it out, dry it off n read it. If yo drop your kindle in the toilet, you are done

so true !

mae
10-06-2010, 07:12 AM
http://www.fearnet.com/news/b20463_what_scares_stephen_king.html

To promote the upcoming American Vampire graphic novel that Stephen King co-wrote, the horror giant appeared on a panel at the New Yorker Literary Festival. Apparently, Twlight scares him. Join the club.

mae
10-29-2010, 04:36 AM
http://www.usaweekend.com/article/20101029/ENTERTAINMENT06/10310316/What-s-on-Stephen-King-s-dark-side-

Don't agree about Mad Men.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304173704575578241730802982.html

mae
10-29-2010, 10:41 AM
http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat/stephen-king-earned-80000-on-kindle-novella_b15397

skfancast
11-10-2010, 11:57 AM
There's actually two podcasts dedicated to Stephen King Here's Links
Stephen King FanCast (http://www.skfancast.com)
The Kingcast (http://www.thekingcast.ca)

Bev Vincent
11-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Join bestselling author Stephen King in a live chat about his new book, FULL DARK, NO STARS. Tune in Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 - 7pm EST/4pm PST.

If you have a question you would like Stephen King to answer during the chat, please send it to: scribner.books@simonandschuster.com

RSVP to the event and join it live here: http://www.ustream.tv/simonandschuster

mae
11-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Awesome, thanks. These can be downloaded later too I believe.