PDA

View Full Version : My Precious!

Ari_Racing
10-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Hello all!

Well, as many of you know, I'm part of an free argentinian monthly web magazine dedicated to Stephen King. I interviewed some of you some years ago for the 100th number and from that moment we received a lot of questions about collecting.

It's a fact that the people posting in this forum, particulary in "Calvin's Corner" threads, are probably most of the huge King collectors in the world. I've seen things in these forums that are simply unbelievable, and collections that are simply breathless. I've been encouraging friends that are King fans to start posting here. Some have, some didn't.

But well...I'm going over the branches. I'm currently scheduling some special articles about collectors. The idea is pretty simple: to feature in the magazine a collector with his most precious item, and the story behind it. He/she can also tell the readers about his/her grail, that jewel that isn't part of his/her collection (yet), show a picture of his/her bookcase/s. The idea is to have one or two collectors every month and run the section for as long as we have articles.

Anyone would like to participate? All the participants will have their stories published in the magazine.

I gotta remember everyone: it's a free web magazine, not a printed one. :)

Just PM me or send me an email to arielracing at gmail dot com.

:)

Thanks for the cooperation!

Sam
10-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Ari, I'm going to toss out a recommendation to you. Why not interview the new owner of Betts Books if he will grant an interview? I know the guy and I think he probably will.

As much as I would like to be included in this group, with three or four S/Ls and a few flatsigned King books, I'm nowhere in their league. Hell, my grail is my signed Just After Sunset because I look at that and I remember achieving one of my lifetime dreams, actually getting to meet and converse with Sai King himself. I think of that day and I still go :D :excited:.

biomieg
11-01-2009, 12:07 AM
I don't know Sam, but to me it sounds like you do have a most treasured item and I think that's what it's all about. Not about stuff that would be considered a 'grail' per se by the community as a whole, but about those King items that hold a special place in your heart :)

I don't have ANY signed/limiteds but I sure do own some stuff that makes me proud :) so I'd love to participate as well!

Sam
11-01-2009, 06:30 AM
I'm certainly not saying my collection is complete. Is any collector's ever really? I would certainly like to own one of every limited/lettered book King has produced. But really, that simply ain't happening unless I win the lottery. I'll never be rolling in money enough to buy books such as the lettered Firestarter or a matched set of the DT series, maybe not even The Stand, but the jewels missing from my collection would certainly be the s/l Firestarter, Eyes of the Dragon, Six Stories (used to own it but had to sell it, now I want it back), and The Stand. No matter what though, the two prizes will always be my s/l Insomnia (the first s/l I ever owned) and my signed Just After Sunset. I honestly never want to own so many signed King books that the signifigance of that book gets lost.

Just my thoughts.

biomieg
11-01-2009, 08:08 AM
No matter what though, the two prizes will always be my s/l Insomnia (the first s/l I ever owned) and my signed Just After Sunset.

Well. that's what I said :) I think Ari's idea is to showcase different collectors with their most prized possession, which does not have to be a possession that would be qualified as most coveted by the community as a whole (such as a lettered coffin Stand or whatever). I say: get yourself in the spotlight with your signed JAS and your S/L Insomnia!! :)

Ari_Racing
11-01-2009, 10:24 AM
First:

I forgot to put the link of the magazine. It's www.stephenking.com.ar

I couldn't say it better than Biomeg did. :) The idea is to count as many stories as possible.

gsvec
11-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Looks like I should've taken Spanish in high school instead of Latin . . . :lol: The website loos fun, Ari! :D