PDA

View Full Version : Haunted by Glenn Chadbourne

Room 217 Caretaker
10-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Just wrapped up a conversation with artist Glenn Chadbourne:

In the spirit of Halloween, artist Glenn Chadbourne has an opening for 2 or 3 commission spots for:

Let Glenn Haunt your House

For those lucky enough to do this send me a PM and I'll give you Glenn’s contact info. For security reasons, I can't post his info here.

The commissioned price is between you and Glenn. After you secure the job Glenn will give you instructions for what he needs to make your haunted house.

Again, this is a very unique item.

I'm not making anything on the deal. Just happen to be in the right conversation at the right time. Hope two or three members here can take advantage of this.

He's not advertising this anywhere else at this time. Just for our group.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Gris
10-08-2009, 05:08 AM
this is what I got when he did mine...

http://www.allgris.com/temp/chadbournehouse.jpg

I put this frame around it for under $100 and it completes the piece perfectly (Click the frame to get to the web site that sells it).

http://www.pictureframes.com/images/whole/COL5.jpg
(http://www.pictureframes.com/scripts/WebObjects/PictureFrames.woa/wa/CustomCollection?sec=Cordoba&sku=COL5)

My art came in at 11"x17". The frame is 15"x21". I got it matted and glassed at a local frame shop for about $20 so I could see how the colors available affected the painting.

dyetye
10-08-2009, 06:18 AM
How much did he charge for the painting? I would love to do this, but I think it may be too expensive for me:orely:

ICry4Oy
10-08-2009, 06:26 AM
I was thinking the same way :(

Ari_Racing
10-08-2009, 07:59 AM
I talked with Glenn not so long ago about this and he told me the charge was U$S 300.

herbertwest
10-08-2009, 09:36 AM
it's pretty cheap IMO (the price !)

rosie real
10-08-2009, 04:42 PM
oooooooooooooo.

that is so cool. i already blew my budget for the year unfortunately. wonder if woofer has seen this thread yet? :orely: :lol:

Woofer
10-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Gah! I wish I had that to spend! Alas... And the overtime, well, check the D&B for that.

Gris
10-09-2009, 04:56 AM
yes. $300 was what mine cost. It was my christmas present from my wife last year.

I was asked by a couple folks to show the original that he worked from. Here it is...
http://www.trunzos.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1743&g2_serialNumber=1

He asked for a general description of my family, but said it would be pointless to send pictures because no one would look the same after being "tree-zombie-ghostified". He didn't say "tree-zombie-ghostified". I made that up because that's what we look like in the painting. He just said that a general description is fine since we would look different when we're dead :D

So I told him "1 man, 6'2", 240lb. 1 woman, 5'3", 140. 1 dog, St. Bernard mix. 1 dog, jack russel. 1 very large snake."

Sam
10-09-2009, 11:17 AM
I'm doing this and really looking forward to it too. I wanted to do it when CD had the promotion, but I didn't trust them to come through with all that has happened with SOD I and II. The painting looks great Craig.

Cloysterpete
10-09-2009, 01:01 PM
hahaha I never even saw that snake until I just went back and checked after you mentioned it. How could I miss that!.

Cool stuff dude. Can we get a shot when you have it on the wall Gris?.

Gris
10-09-2009, 04:24 PM
It's at the end of a long hallway, so hard to take a pic without the flash reflecting back, but here are a couple. I REALLY like the way the frame works with it.

http://www.allgris.com/temp/chadbourne1.jpg
http://www.allgris.com/temp/chadbourne2.jpg

Patrick
10-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I agree, it looks great in that frame with that matting. :thumbsup:

gsvec
10-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I'd love, love, LOVE to have one of these done for my new house, but I just don't have the funds 'til I sell the old one. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a112/Incandesent/Smilies/sigh.gif Think Glenn might wait? :wtf:

Tito_Villa
10-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Hey are there any other slots left for the painting?

shibus
10-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Got mine back from the shop today. Here's the finished painting

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac62/shibus/glenn1.jpg

Míchéal
10-29-2009, 12:27 PM
These are really cool.

Ari_Racing
10-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Man...those are incredible. I wish I have one of my house as well :)

Room 217 Caretaker
10-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Glenn has a couple openings before he gets busy on another project. If interested, let me know and I'll PM you his contact info.

It is a very cool opportunity for you to work directly with Glenn on this.

I'm thinking about raising money and getting Glenn to do one for Stu of the old bookstore and surprise him with it as a retirement deal.

Ralph

jhanic
10-29-2009, 06:05 PM
I'd contribute.

John

Brice
10-30-2009, 02:33 AM
Me too! :)

Sam
10-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Count me in on the contributions there too Ralph. I can promise about $25.

Tito_Villa
10-30-2009, 01:23 PM
My only problem with this is that me and my girlfriend don't own a house and im not sure i want either of our parents houses in the painting. So anyone any ideas of how to solve my problem?

Brice
10-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Buy a house? :unsure:

Míchéal
10-30-2009, 03:08 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sam
10-30-2009, 03:46 PM

THAT was mean... funny as hell but mean.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought it.

Tito_Villa
10-30-2009, 04:02 PM
yeh obviously i would love to get a place of my own, but unfortunately lady luck hasn't shined on me! But thats definately the dream to get a place with my girlfriend!

seriously no ideas then? could possibly just ask for a portrait of the 2 of us.

Brice
10-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to be mean. I was just being silly.

Tito_Villa
10-30-2009, 04:16 PM
Its ok takes alot more than that to anoy me! Being a Derby County fan (soccer) i get the piss taken out of me all the time!

Míchéal
10-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Its ok takes alot more than that to anoy me! Being a Derby County fan (soccer) i get the piss taken out of me all the time!

Oh no!!! Not derby county!!! :lol:

Sam
10-30-2009, 05:00 PM
yeh obviously i would love to get a place of my own, but unfortunately lady luck hasn't shined on me! But thats definately the dream to get a place with my girlfriend!

seriously no ideas then? could possibly just ask for a portrait of the 2 of us.

The only ideas I have dude is to take a picture of you and your girl somewhere that has some serious signifigance, like on a favorite vacation or your favorite bar, and ask Glenn if he's willing to turn that picture into a haunted painting. OR... maybe of the place your renting, if not outside it then what about inside? Just thinking out loud.

herbertwest
10-31-2009, 05:27 PM
this is a really nice gift to offer to Stu

Room 217 Caretaker
10-31-2009, 06:48 PM
this is a really nice gift to offer to Stu

Agreed. I'm working on the details now. Hopefully will have more information coming. I've already talked with Glenn Chadbourne about doing the painting.

Working on how to raise the $ for it. A few members have already said they would help.

Ralph Mulleins

Sam
10-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Ralph, why not take it up in a paypal account or just have people mail you a check?

Room 217 Caretaker
11-01-2009, 05:05 AM
Ralph, why not take it up in a paypal account or just have people mail you a check?

Here is the plan: Yes Sam I think Paypal would be the best.

I can show everyone the audit transfer of money from my account to Glenn for the commissioned piece for Stu Bookstore.

I need to raise around $300.

Glenn already has an idea for the painting to include Stu, Penny & Sammy (the pet)

I was hoping to get permission to do a thread here to raise the money so everyone would understand what the deal is and that I'm not just trying to make money.

ALL PROCEEDS GO TO ARTIST GLENN CHADBOURNE for the commissioned piece "Glenn Haunts Betts Bookstore" to be given to Stu for his retirement.

Stu has been a staple in almost everyone's collection including our collecting friends across the pond. As the final chapter closes in Betts Bookstore story a new chapter opens with David taking over.

This painting is our way of saying thank you to Stu & Penny for helping to shape many of our collections.

I will keep a folder of everyone that donates and the amount (amounts will be kept anonymous) After it is said and done, I'll post a donation thread here showing all those who contributed.

My Paypal address is kmulleins at msn dot com (sorry for doing that, trying to keep the spiders away)

Ralph Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Sam
11-01-2009, 06:20 AM
This is a perfectly wonderful idea Ralph.

Hopefully the PTB will let you start a dedicated thread just for this. My donation is on the way.

Sam
11-04-2009, 02:51 PM
I got my Chadbourne painting today. It's not as creepy as I expected, but my wife and I LOVE it!
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/HPIM1032.JPG

Tito_Villa
11-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Love the autum colour's. congraulations!

Ari_Racing
11-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I love it! :)

Sam
11-04-2009, 03:54 PM
I like the spook in the doorway and the one to the left of the house myself. The door spook is actually pretty creepy if you look at it for very long.

gsvec
11-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Very cool, Sam - congrats!!

Patrick
11-04-2009, 10:11 PM
I like the spook in the doorway and the one to the left of the house myself. The door spook is actually pretty creepy if you look at it for very long.
I agree, however unfortunately my computer screen isn't huge and I don't get much detail given the modest size of the photo of the artwork as posted. Is there another hidden ghosty in the driveway/walkway, or is it my imagination?

In any case, I like it, Sam.

Gris
11-05-2009, 05:46 AM
It came out great Sam! At least you know who you are. Looking at ours, it could be any family. No mistaking that it's you and your wife in there.

Sam
11-05-2009, 06:04 AM
I agree, however unfortunately my computer screen isn't huge and I don't get much detail given the modest size of the photo of the artwork as posted. Is there another hidden ghosty in the driveway/walkway, or is it my imagination?

In any case, I like it, Sam.

There's a much bigger picture in my gallery (so big I couldn't post it here actually) if you want to check that out Patrick. There are only two spooks to my knowledge, the one in the doorway and a face in the folliage to the peft of the house. If you see another, let me know so I can enjoy it too.

Tito_Villa
11-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey everyone i thought i would share the scans that Glenn e-mailed me, will hopefully have the original in the next few days. It of me and my better half with the Dark Tower and field of roses!

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/tmp877A_640x480.jpg

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/tmp584F_640x480.jpg

And here is the pic that i sent to Glenn
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Chadbournepic.jpg

Randall Flagg
11-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Very nice. I like it.:rock:

herbertwest
11-18-2009, 11:00 AM
nice!

turtlex
11-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Oh, I like that! Congrats.

Sam
11-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Did anyone else get Glenn to haunt their home sweet home? Share with us y'all.

Ben Mears
11-19-2009, 07:09 AM
Below is a cropped scan of The Marsten House as imagined by Glenn...
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Marsten1.jpg

Ari_Racing
11-19-2009, 07:12 AM
I think I mentioned it before, but Glenn is one of the best artists when it comes to drawing buildings/houses. The details and darkness of them are perfect.

Ari_Racing
11-19-2009, 07:12 AM
By the way, you mention it's cropped. Can you post the full image?

Ben Mears
11-19-2009, 07:14 AM
By the way, you mention it's cropped. Can you post the full image?

Ari,

Glenn sent it out yesterday. I will post a picture of the full painting when I receive it next week.

Ben Mears
11-19-2009, 07:17 AM
I think I mentioned it before, but Glenn is one of the best artists when it comes to drawing buildings/houses. The details and darkness of them are perfect.

I agree. He really captured the brooding nature of The Marsten House and his colors created a suitably gloomy atmosphere.

Patrick
11-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Tito Villa, I like that painting of you and your gal.

Ben, he did a nice job on The Marsten House.

:thumbsup: to both!

turtlex
11-24-2009, 07:26 AM
I got my Chadbourne painting today. It's not as creepy as I expected, but my wife and I LOVE it!
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/HPIM1032.JPG

Sam ! I don't know how I missed this, my friend, but it's GREAT !!

Tito_Villa
11-25-2009, 02:51 AM
Finally the painting has arrived today, will hopefully get a full pic of it on later!

Tito_Villa
11-26-2009, 10:17 AM
The lights in my room aren't great, but im hoping to get it framed asap!

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/tito_villa/Photo490-1.jpg

Room 217 Caretaker
11-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Finally the painting has arrived today, will hopefully get a full pic of it on later!

:thumbsup: Very nice

Make sure you show us again after it's framed.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Tito_Villa
11-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Will do Ralph, thanks for getting me in contact with Glenn!

Ben Mears
11-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Full view of The Marsten House...
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/MH_005.jpg

Resident Chris
11-26-2009, 11:43 AM
That looks Great!

Patrick
11-26-2009, 12:11 PM
:thumbsup:

Ari_Racing
11-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Amazing!

Sam
12-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Ok y'all. It's taken my framing guy a while to get it done, but that's because of delays and illnesses on both ends of the deal. I finally got my Chadbourne back today, framed and all.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Chadframe1.JPG

The picture doesn't do it justice. It looks GREAT!! Post yours if you've got one and haven't already posted it.

jhanic
12-22-2009, 03:15 PM
:thumbsup:

John

carlosdetweiller
12-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Looks great, Sam. Nice choices of framing and matting to go with the art.

turtlex
12-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Looks great, Sam. Nice choices of framing and matting to go with the art.

Ditto !!
Now, where to hang it?!?

Patrick
12-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Looks great, Sam!

Clacke
01-16-2010, 01:48 AM
Got an email from Cemetery Dance and it states that Glenn is doing another round of 'Haunted By Glenn Chadbourne' paintings. And, perhaps also of interest to us here, he's doing this:

Be Your Favorite Stephen King Character As Painted by Glenn Chadbourne!
11 X 17, ONE OF A KIND, and Unique For YOU!

Glenn Chadbourne, who is known all over the world for his incredible horror paintings and his work with Stephen King, was absolutely thrilled with the customer feedback on the "Glenn Chadbourne Haunts Your House" and the "Glenn Chadbourne's Zombie Family Portraits" promotional offers we offered last year, so he decided to take on another new challenge for 2010: painting our customers as the STARS of their favorite Stephen King stories!

Do you want to be Jack Torrance in The Shining, hunched over your typewriter and slowly going mad — well, Glenn can take you there! Or do you want to be Stu Redman traveling across the wasteland of America in The Stand — you could be there! Ever fancied yourself as Roland Deschain, chasing the man in black? That's possible, too! Or maybe you want to be a villain? Ever think that you could be meaner than Randall Flagg? Well, this is your chance! There are plenty of great characters to choose from, so start thinking because we won't be offering this deal for long!

These are going to be FULL SIZE COLOR PAINTINGS, not just a drawing or a sketch! Several days of painting and layering will go into them and these are absolutely the coolest piece of original artwork you could commission. To the left you can see a very quick example of Glenn's work from a previous promotional offer -- but that is just 1/3 of the full painting!

This really is the perfect gift for the special horror reader in your life OR for yourself if you want to add a unique item to your collection. This is something you're not going to find anywhere else and we're only offering it for a very limited time because Glenn only has a handful of slots open in his spring schedule and they're going fast!

If you're lucky enough to grab one of these available slots, you're going to get an incredible item that no one else in the world owns. These unique works of art will look great in your home or office, and best of all, they will be numbered "1 of 1" so everyone will know you have the one and only copy.

These slots are being sold first come, first served, and because of the time it'll take Glenn to create each painting, they'll be sent out as they are finished! Glenn Chadbourne's original artwork sells for hundreds of dollars (with commissioned works easily costing over $500 each), but we're going to be offering these full-size, one-of-a-kind commissioned paintings for just $349 plus shipping.

After you place your order, please reply to your order confirmation email with the name of the character you want to be, the book or story that character is from, and a photo of yourself for Glenn's reference. If you need to mail in a photo for us to scan, please reply and let us know that so we can plan accordingly. Although you can pick any character you want, selecting a main character will help Glenn prioritize his work. For secondary characters or characters from obscure works, Glenn will need time to re-read the source material.

But this special offer will only be available while those few remaining slots are available -- and they're being sold First Come, First Served so you'll want to get your order in fast!

Rahfa
01-16-2010, 07:25 AM
That's a good price for something like that (and what the hell, I'm sure the kickback might help CD stay in business)...I'm not really a fan of Chadbourne's art, but that's a neat idea.

Randall Flagg
01-16-2010, 12:45 PM
That's a good price for something like that (and what the hell, I'm sure the kickback might help CD stay in business)...I'm not really a fan of Chadbourne's art, but that's a neat idea.
The only unpalatable part is dealing with Cemetery Dance. It honestly might take years to get your piece.

Patrick
01-16-2010, 04:55 PM
As CD is only the middle man and not actually publishing anything, I would think their involvement would not be materially detrimental. Wasn't CD promoting the original "Haunt Your House" commissioned paintings? What was people's experience with the turnaround time on that one?

Tito_Villa
11-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Glad to see that Glenn has his website up and running again! http://glennchadbourne.com/index.html

thegreattim
11-16-2010, 12:01 AM
Did anyone get those "yourself as a King character paintings" mentioned above from January? I thought the previous posting/photos were amazing and I'd love to see some from the new batch! I really love Glen's full colored paintings posted here. It's so much more impressive than the SoD black and white detail work.