PDA

View Full Version : Question To King Art Fans About Print Size

mutantskeleton
09-30-2009, 03:55 AM
So I'm planning on selling a fairly large print of a richly detailed artwork I made this year for the Centipede Press published Stephen King artbook, Knowing Darkness, a scene inspired by the monsters from The Mist. I'm still debating what size to make the print as the original is 40 x 30 inches (horizontal) I was measuring that out on paper and only then realized how insanely large that is and I'm worried that might put off potential buyers. I'm curious if anyone here has a size preference in their art prints and would a 40 x 30 inch size put you off from buying a print? I'm debating on going down to 30 x whatever that transforms down to vertically for a more reasonable print size. Thanks for any feedback!

oy-the-brave
10-01-2009, 10:41 PM
So I'm planning on selling a fairly large print of a richly detailed artwork I made this year for the Centipede Press published Stephen King artbook, Knowing Darkness, a scene inspired by the monsters from The Mist. I'm still debating what size to make the print as the original is 40 x 30 inches (horizontal) I was measuring that out on paper and only then realized how insanely large that is and I'm worried that might put off potential buyers. I'm curious if anyone here has a size preference in their art prints and would a 40 x 30 inch size put you off from buying a print? I'm debating on going down to 30 x whatever that transforms down to vertically for a more reasonable print size. Thanks for any feedback!

For me 40X30 would be a bit too big so I think you have the right idea taking it down to 30" max.

Brice
10-02-2009, 02:26 AM
Personally I'd say the bigger the better, but I can't buy anything else right now anyhow.

mutantskeleton
10-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I think the reality is there's going to be people that don't have the wall space and want to buy smaller prints and those that have a lot of empty walls who might prefer a larger print. I'm reluctant to make variations of the same image but I think making one smaller and one bigger, at a minor price difference, will be the best way to test the waters for this one.

Thanks again for your opinions!

Brice
10-04-2009, 02:06 AM
That sounds like an excellent idea. :D