PDA

View Full Version : BMCOAT - Round 2, Group A

fernandito
09-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Tyler Durden (Fight Club)
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/feverishparade/tylerdurden.jpg

Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/feverishparade/jackskellington.jpg

Beetlejuice (Beetlejuice)
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/feverishparade/beetlejuice.jpg

Sarah Connor ( Terminator 2 )
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/feverishparade/sarahconnor.jpg

Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction)
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/feverishparade/juleswinnfield.jpg

Juror #8 (Twelve Angry Men)
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/feverishparade/juror8.jpg

Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare On Elm Street)
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/feverishparade/freddykrueger.jpg

Derek Vinyard (American History X)
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l416/feverishparade/derekvinyard-1.jpg

Seymour_Glass
09-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh, goddamit.

IWasSentWest
09-23-2009, 06:29 PM
round 2 is going to be a straight bitch, i can tell already

Merlin1958
09-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Jules.....But woulda preferred (said in a low voice) Vincent Vega

LOL

IWasSentWest
09-23-2009, 07:59 PM
i voted jules as well. his ezekial 25:17 speech(es) and his speech to huney bunny and the robber is wonderful

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Now, I want you to reach in the bag, and take out my wallet.

Which one is it?

Its the one that says "Bad Motherfucker" on it.

IWasSentWest
09-23-2009, 08:48 PM
im trying ringo, i'm trying reaaaal hard to be the shepherd

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-23-2009, 09:06 PM
And why am I in the back?
You the one who should be on brain detail.
Thats it were switchin.
Im washin tha windows, and youre pickin up this niggas skull.

Jean
09-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Juror #8

Sam
09-23-2009, 10:42 PM
One of the finest characters to enter into filmdom Jean. I went another way, but Juror #8 certainly DESERVES to be here.

Jean
09-23-2009, 10:58 PM
One of the finest characters to enter into filmdom Jean. I went another way, but Juror #8 certainly DESERVES to be here.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif
I so wish you had voted for him, too, I strongly suspect that no black-and-white movie character will remain closer to the final rounds.

Brice
09-24-2009, 03:10 AM
:cry:

IWasSentWest
09-24-2009, 04:00 AM
my remarks would've been similar to sam's jean. he definately deserves to be further down the line

cozener
09-24-2009, 05:25 AM
Was a close one between Derek Vinyard and Jules...in the end I had to go with depth over fun...Derek Vinyard.

And for the record...Oogie is way cooler than Jack.

Melike
09-24-2009, 05:29 AM
Was a close one between Derek Vinyard and Jules...in the end I had to go with depth over fun...Derek Vinyard.

And for the record...Oogie is way cooler than Jack.

Absolutely right. :couple:

Odetta
09-24-2009, 05:56 AM
He'll Kill us all!

fernandito
09-24-2009, 06:17 AM
Who will?

(removes cap)

sarajean
09-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Oh, goddamit.

this.

fernandito
09-24-2009, 08:50 AM
And it's not going to get any easier! :lol:

Sam
09-24-2009, 09:12 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif
I so wish you had voted for him, too, I strongly suspect that no black-and-white movie character will remain closer to the final rounds.

I think though that it has little to do with black-and-white films and more to do with what we grew up watching. I grew up watching Star Wars until my eyes bleed, but I also grew up with The Terminator, Dirty Harry, Indiana Jones, and a lot of other iconic characters. When I think of great movie characters, those are the first to pop into my brain. There are many, many other characters that were great. For instance, The Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz is another great character, but I don't remember seeing him on the list.

candy
09-24-2009, 10:17 AM
grrrrrr.............. i am so torn between them all?????????
and i just know that the next batch will have people i am not really arsed about:pullhair:

Heather19
09-24-2009, 03:20 PM
I don't know what to do. Most of my favorites are in this group :panic:

pathoftheturtle
09-25-2009, 06:37 AM

And for the record...Oogie is way cooler than Jack.Absolutely wrong.:angry::nope:

But, I'm going with Juror #8.

Jean
09-25-2009, 07:56 AM
I think though that it has little to do with black-and-white films and more to do with what we grew up watching. <...>
I don't think so. Most of the movies I love were made before I was born. I have some nostalgic affection towards those I actually grew up with, but appreciating a movie can't depend on this (at least, not in bears' opinion)

Melike
09-25-2009, 08:09 AM
I'm a ghost with the most, babe.

Girlystevedave
09-25-2009, 09:35 PM
One, two, Freddy's coming for you....

fernandito
09-26-2009, 05:50 PM
We have a three way tie! :onfire:

Mad Man
09-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Tyler Durden (Fight Club) :thumbsup:

IWasSentWest
09-27-2009, 08:14 PM
freddy krueger? are you f'in serious

fernandito
09-28-2009, 07:43 AM
This poll is closing later today!

Odetta
09-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Come on, women!

Fight for a strong female character! What are you, a bunch of pansies?

cozener
09-28-2009, 09:45 AM
I saw Fight Club. Liked Fight Club. Liked it a lot. But I have no idea what was so great about Tyler Durden. I really don't get it. Just sayin'.

sarajean
09-28-2009, 11:04 AM
how does jack only have my vote? :(

cozener
09-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Derek only got mine :angry:

Heather19
09-28-2009, 04:24 PM

I know, I'm sorry. It makes me sad. I love Jack, but most of my favorites were in this round and I could only pick one. :(
And sadly, I think most of them aren't even going to make it past this round.

fernandito
09-28-2009, 04:46 PM
We have a two way tie for the second berth, and 45 mins. left until this closes!

/heartbeat sound

fernandito
09-29-2009, 02:43 AM
Tyler Durden advances, and there'll be a tie breaker between Sarah Connor and Freddy Krueger :D

Jean
09-29-2009, 03:14 AM
so, Juror # 8 didn't make it? I am really, really depressed. Losing to Sarah Connor and Freddy Krueger? It's pathetic.

IWasSentWest
09-29-2009, 04:01 AM
agreed jean. but i vote jules winfield! freddy krueger is hog wash

pathoftheturtle
09-29-2009, 06:08 AM
I saw Fight Club. Liked Fight Club. Liked it a lot. But I have no idea what was so great about Tyler Durden. I really don't get it. Just sayin'. :o Wow, man... uh, :orely: well...
Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned. -- Tyler Do ya?

I know, I'm sorry. It makes me sad. I love Jack, but most of my favorites were in this round and I could only pick one. :(
And sadly, I think most of them aren't even going to make it past this round.Ditto, ditto, ditto. As I implied before, he was my second choice. This was a tough group. :|

so, Juror # 8 didn't make it? I am really, really depressed. Losing to Sarah Connor and Freddy Krueger? It's pathetic.Yar. Bummer. But, will you deign to vote in the tie-breaker? :unsure:

Sarah Conner's actually a fairly worthwhile character, in my own opinion. :)

fernandito
09-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Sarah Connor is more than worthy for the BMCOAT crown. :)

Jean
09-29-2009, 06:57 AM
so, Juror # 8 didn't make it? I am really, really depressed. Losing to Sarah Connor and Freddy Krueger? It's pathetic.Yar. Bummer. But, will you deign to vote in the tie-breaker? :unsure:

Sarah Conner's actually a fairly worthwhile character, in my own opinion. :)
No, I don't think I will. I can't seriously vote for either Sarah or Freddy. I don't care what they influenced (this is an argument I've heard before - not from you - in favor of those one-cell cutouts) or how many people think they are characters - I know that they didn't do a fuck to touch my soul, and that's the only thing that matters.

Woofer
09-29-2009, 07:12 AM
I will. Most definitely.

Sam
09-29-2009, 07:25 AM
I feel much the same about Tyler Durden. I just didn't think much of Fight Club, though I know plenty who see it as the pinnacle of filmdom. But I didn't vote for him, so I'm cool.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't care for the Sarah Connor character. I thought her portrayal in The Terminator was very well done, and the character became an icon in the second film. I'll grant that this is just an opinion. All I'm saying is that I'm sad to hear you don't share this opinion.

Off topic Jean, I saw that Dersu Uzala is now available on dvd. Just FYI.

pathoftheturtle
09-29-2009, 07:39 AM
...they didn't do a fuck to touch my soul, and that's the only thing that matters.Indeed it is.
I respect that. I just don't agree. I certainly don't think that the any of the "Terminator" films are the greatest, but there's enough story there to touch my soul, a little.

She represents survival against adversity and ignorance.

Sarah Connor is more than worthy for the BMCOAT crown. :)I'm not sure what that means. I don't think that she's really more worthy than Juror #8, or even Jack Skellington.

I'd rather vote for Nancy Thompson.

An' yet, anyroa', ya do what ya have to. ;)

Jean
09-29-2009, 08:21 AM
...they didn't do a fuck to touch my soul, and that's the only thing that matters.Indeed it is.
I respect that. I just don't agree. I certainly don't think that the any of the "Terminator" films are the greatest, but there's enough story there to touch my soul, a little.
A little - yes, a little most everyone does touch a bear's soul; but we're still talking about movie characters, and I love movies too much to vote for "a little". Terminator (I'm talking about Part 2 only, because Part 1 didn't impress me at all and Part 3 is, sincerely, beyond any possibility of analysis) is a wholesome entertainment, with enough morals to last a teenager for at least a week, which is - without any sarcasm implied - very, very good; but I would vote for any of its characters no more than I would for a merry-go-round horse, although merry-go-round is a wonderfully wholesome kind of entertainment, too.

She represents survival against adversity and ignorance. Who doesn't? I mean, a character isn't what he represents. It's who he is. There's not enough being for me in her, or 90% other characters I see nominated and voted for.

Sam: I will watch Dersu Uzala either this weekend, or next week! I am so excited!

cozener
09-29-2009, 09:40 AM
I saw Fight Club. Liked Fight Club. Liked it a lot. But I have no idea what was so great about Tyler Durden. I really don't get it. Just sayin'. :o Wow, man... uh, :orely: well...
Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned. -- Tyler Do ya?
Sorry...doesn't convince me. Incidentally, this poll, unlike the others, was actually quite an easy one for me.

pathoftheturtle
09-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Well, I guess I've said all that I can, guys. :unsure: ...

... Anarchy!!! :clap:

pathoftheturtle
10-09-2009, 11:21 AM
And now for something completely different. :lol:
Sorry to go off-topic, when this vote is finally settled anyway, but I've been thinking about it, and, while I still do agree that nothing else matters about a character if he doesn't touch people in a real way, I don't think that I can really buy this part --
...a character isn't what he represents. It's who he is. There's not enough being for me in her...:orely: Don't know if we really need to argue, (of course, it's all been done before) but, for my part, knowing characters as characters is really indispensable.

http://thewesterncanon.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/plato-and-aristotle.jpg